Waffle Cup talk

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
The Wings' GDT author is over there beating his chest and tooting his own horn in their thread trying to solicit votes.

Meanwhile, MSE is content giving us quality work for nothing in return. In addition to your work, your humility is not unnoticed or unappreciated, MSE. ;)

I saw that haha, he's coming off a bit desperate

But they've got a pretty substantial lead now, something has gotta be done, for MSE!

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
The Wings' GDT author is over there beating his chest and tooting his own horn in their thread trying to solicit votes.

Meanwhile, MSE is content giving us quality work for nothing in return. In addition to your work, your humility is not unnoticed or unappreciated, MSE. ;)

This x1,000. Well put Hf7. MSE is the Man!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Whatever, we know what we've got and how great it is.

I think this post is too exhaustively long for some posters in these parts :shakehead:

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
When I first started reading this website before I made an account, I thought all GDTs were like MSE's, then I ventured elsewhere to look at others and I was surprised. IMO, none if the others compare to his, it's a shame he's not winning this.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

Guess he has nothing better to do. Then again if he lives in Detroit, that might explain it.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Very little time to read when you're always running from packs of wild dogs that have taken over.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
Welp, don't see us coming back from this deficit. It was a valient effort, though.

We all know who the real GDT king is :nod:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Thank you to everyone who took the opportunity to vote. The original exercise to create the GDTs wasn't done with the intention to win prizes or attain glory. It is something that is unique in that the information can't be located in one source as such is provided. The final layout is cosmetically fulfilling and offers a chance to read history in addition to the pertinent information of that night's game. It isn't meant for the eyes of everyone and certainly neutral readers aren't going to be as generous as the home team.

I want to make sure none of you is put in a position of defending the GDTs elsewhere. Don't risk your situation on my account.

And I do appreciate your constant support and more the times we have to chat on other issues including non-GDT matters.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Thank you to everyone who took the opportunity to vote. The original exercise to create the GDTs wasn't done with the intention to win prizes or attain glory. It is something that is unique in that the information can't be located in one source as such is provided. The final layout is cosmetically fulfilling and offers a chance to read history in addition to the pertinent information of that night's game. It isn't meant for the eyes of everyone and certainly neutral readers aren't going to be as generous as the home team.

I want to make sure none of you is put in a position of defending the GDTs elsewhere. Don't risk your situation on my account.

And I do appreciate your constant support and more the times we have to chat on other issues including non-GDT matters.

If I have learned nothing else from your GDTs, MSE, it is that this organization has a proud history of being willing to drop the gloves for a teammate.

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
The last comment I made in the other thread put a bunch of those no talent hacks in there place. I'm with BP when are we dropping the gloves with those fools!

Seriously though, MSE even if you don't win (which would he a travesty) we all really appreciate what you do and we all know how much time and effort you put into it, not just some gifs and photoshops that take 5 minutes to make.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I looked for a Flyer-Red Wing bench-clearing brawl to post on the thread as a good-natured virtual throw-down, but came across an NHL 07?? sim game between the two. The Flyers won handily 4-2 (ha ha), and it wasn't even that close, as the two Detroit goals were from beyond the blue line (must have been time-travelling Leighton in nets). Plus, the Flyers won all three fights, with Desjardins (!) and Gagné (!!) both beating up on Shanahan, and Leclair defeating someone else.

It's a fun watch, and the dumb comments by the poster make it even funnier.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I looked for a Flyer-Red Wing bench-clearing brawl to post on the thread as a good-natured virtual throw-down, but came across an NHL 07?? sim game between the two. The Flyers won handily 4-2 (ha ha), and it wasn't even that close, as the two Detroit goals were from beyond the blue line (must have been time-travelling Leighton in nets). Plus, the Flyers won all three fights, with Desjardins (!) and Gagné (!!) both beating up on Shanahan, and Leclair defeating someone else.

It's a fun watch, and the dumb comments by the poster make it even funnier.

"Des....Des....Des-jar....Des-Jar-Dens?"

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
A bit sad this board wouldn't rally, but I expect it a bit based on what I know of the members.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
A bit sad this board wouldn't rally, but I expect it a bit based on what I know of the members.

150+ votes doesn't seem too bad at all, I don't really know the stats of this site, but do you think there are many more daily active Flyers members? It really doesn't seem like it based on who posts regularly, especially during the off-season. But hey like I said, I don't really know, I'm relatively new to this site.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00