GDT: W @ M - 5pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
You know what, I had enough of this team can't score goals worth poop! I'm calling out the coaching staff on this. The system is in place, the players have had over a half a season to get use to it and yet they still struggle to score goals. No, I'm not buying the old and slow team excuse(the way I look at it, there are ways for the team to overcome those deficiencies). Carbery is not getting enough offense from this roster and the scoring talent on this team is not Sharks/Hawks bad! Carbery is having this team sacrificing too much offense to prevent the other team from scoring. Even with bottom of the league goal scoring, I would at least like the Caps to try pumping 30 - 40 shots on goal per game! Just shoot pucks and go for rebounds. Just try to work with basic offensive hockey fundamentals. If the team is not finding ways to take enough shots to even test the opponents goalie, then of course you reduce your amount of chances to score goals.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Once we gave up a 2nd goal it was all over anyway, and I’ve always had a soft spot for Mojo, so he can pour it on, what do I care.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Come to think of it, CMM might be the new Mojo. A player that clearly has skill and smarts and speed but just can’t figure out how to consistently score.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
You know what, I had enough of this team can't score goals worth poop! I'm calling out the coaching staff on this. The system is in place, the players have had over a half a season to get use to it and yet they still struggle to score goals. No, I'm not buying the old and slow team excuse(the way I look at it, there are ways for the team to overcome those deficiencies). Carbery is not getting enough offense from this roster and the scoring talent on this team is not Sharks/Hawks bad! Carbery is having this team sacrificing too much offense to prevent the other team from scoring. Even with bottom of the league goal scoring, I would at least like the Caps to try pumping 30 - 40 shots on goal per game! Just shoot pucks and go for rebounds. Just try to work with basic offensive hockey fundamentals. If the team is not finding ways to take enough shots to even test the opponents goalie, then of course you reduce your amount of chances to score goals.
I hear you but I disagree. I think this roster is one of the worst in the league. Prime Scotty Bowman couldn’t get this group to score. And their defense is so limited that if they open it up we will give up 8 goals a game.

Reactions: Capitals40

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Jesus Christ, this Locker (and Joe B too) thing where he slobbers over guys who get a scoring chance and FAIL TO FINISH is just so tiresome and reeks of pathos and desperation
I mean, a big part of being PbP for a team that is ass is trying to polish a turd. Often the best thing you can say about the Caps is “this person almost actually did something”.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1706067267265.gif

Anthony Mantha's time as a Capital may be coming to a close soon, but he'll at least be taking several of my highly prized game pucks with him. Including tonight's.

Honorable mention to...Evgeny Kuznetsov?

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
My (Not A Sports Fan) Wife's Commentary (which is seriously one of my favorite parts of watching this shitty Caps team):

Wife: "Who the hell is this guy?"
Me: "It's Nick Jensen. It says it right there on the screen."
Wife: "Yeah but look at that outfit. What is he, undercover?"

1706068955699.png

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
So you’d prefer the pinching with our slow D that we did with Lavi? Where there were jail breaks galore? And Lavi didn’t have this iteration of Ovi that can’t finish worth $&!+. That’s a major difference right there.

This is on Maclellan whose drafting has been garbage for years. Not one single blue chip drafted, not one. MAYBE 2023 is the exception with Leonard and Cristall, time will tell. His first round strikeouts, not really finding any diamonds in the rough in some 9 years. Protas was a 3rd rounder and it looks like his ceiling is a decent 3rd line center, an ok pick but let’s not pretend an unusual trajectory for a 3rd rounder.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I won't fault the first two Wild goals on Kuemper(both goals a Wild player was left completely unmarked), but goals 3, 4, and 5, he's very capable of stopping those shots. Kuemper has a weak glove, but what exactly is Scott Murray working with Kuemper to improve it?! I use to do some simple techniques with tennis/squash balls off the wall, catching bare-handed and with the glove both in goalie stance and in the butterfly. In practice I would catch glove side shots without turning my head(can quicken glove response a bit). I would also have Kuemper play a bit more upright in certain situations...

I have become more and more disappointed in Kuemper overall play in net, as he's showing signs of being a Holtby 2.0! Won the Cup and then fell off a cliff each following season.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I’m honestly to the point I hope Ovie retires. If he isn’t going to get to 99, I just don’t want him to ruin all the great memories with these awful old man can’t play moments.

Glad we might actually get some return for Mantha, but boy we really won’t score after the trade deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad