GDT: W @ M - 5pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSmokingMan

Nov 20, 2006
Maryland
As a goalie myself, Kuemper looks like AHL goalie trash! He's getting beat from outside shots and not shots from high danger areas.

I've noticed that he doesn't seem to be reading the plays fast enough... I see a lot of late reactions where he's sitting too deep in the crease and can't get to the right position to cut down his angles. It's giving the shooters too much net to shoot at and it explains why they keep going after his glove (which isn't that great to begin with). He's a big positional goalie that's playing small. It's not his game and I can't understand why the goalie coaches are not fixing this. He's either being coached the wrong way or he's having some kind of crisis of confidence, maybe both.

Also, it should be noted that the whole team played like trash in front of him in the first 10 minutes. Those first 2 goals weren't his fault and were confidence killers for a struggling goalie and a team that cant score.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Silver linings:

- 0 points against a fellow tank.
- Mantha trade value going through the roof
- There are so many teams with shit goaltending around the league that Kuemper can likely be moved
- Hope for the Avs game. If we follow the script, we suck against the bad team and then proceed to beat the top-team. Also brilliant record on the 2nd of back-to-backs for whatever reason.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
We just do not have a single dynamic player on this team anymore. Ovi looks like he is done, and w/o his goal scoring ability, there just isn't enough on this team to consistently win games. We have decent to good players, but they are all very basic players.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I've noticed that he doesn't seem to be reading the plays fast enough... I see a lot of late reactions where he's sitting too deep in the crease and can't get to the right position to cut down his angles. It's giving the shooters too much net to shoot at and it explains why they keep going after his glove (which isn't that great to begin with). He's a big positional goalie that's playing small. It's not his game and I can't understand why the goalie coaches are not fixing this. He's either being coached the wrong way or he's having some kind of crisis of confidence, maybe both.

Also, it should be noted that the whole team played like trash in front of him in the first 10 minutes. Those first 2 goals weren't his fault and were confidence killers for a struggling goalie and a team that cant score.
Thats what i liked about DK. He seemed to always be squared up to the shooter, good fundamentals vs sammy/VV who were inconsistent.

That MoJo goal .. that cant happen and Charlie let one in like last game.

Goalie play stole us some points first half of season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad