W Josh Doan (2021, 37th, ARI)

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
His Dad Shane is GM for Team Canada in the upcoming Olympics. Josh comes from good hockey lines.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Seems like an underrated prospect(which is weird seeing who his dad is)

Named captain of his team for this upcoming season at Arizona State. In his rookie year last season in NCAA he finished with 37 points in 35 games with 54 pims.

I have personally never seen him play live or on tv but going strictly by stats he seems like he had an impressive season last year

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Seems like an underrated prospect(which is weird seeing who his dad is)

Named captain of his team for this upcoming season at Arizona State. In his rookie year last season in NCAA he finished with 37 points in 35 games with 54 pims.

I have personally never seen him play live or on tv but going strictly by stats he seems like he had an impressive season last year
Part of the problem is that Josh was drafted as an over-ager and has never played in an international tournament. Combine that with him being drafted by the Coyotes and playing at Arizona State. I’m assuming this will be his last year in college before he turns pro so maybe he’ll get some buzz at the end of the season.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Impressive to captain a NCAA team in your sophomore season regardless of age. Good for him!

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Usually the sons of a former NHL players, get better higher hype/praise. Especially when their dad was a former captain/allstar.

It's also baffling considering he has been good in college hockey, has size, leadership, and plays with an edge.

I like the kid. Solid floor + there's some untapped potential in him.

Reactions: brakeyawself

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
He's going to Tucson and will hopefully get off to a good start as a pro next year. He can potentially play for ASU, Tucson, and the Coyotes, all in AZ. That's pretty cool.

Reactions: brakeyawself

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Saw on here a couple posters ranting and raving about his game recently at their prospect tourny... I read a few articles that it was also said he was dominant during the games too.

I can't wait to see how his season goes this year

Reactions: shaner8989

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I was kicking rocks after the Coyotes picked him. I thought it was nepotism. A sign that the country club demeanor of the Coyotes was sticking around with the new regime.

I wanted them to pick Aatu Raty.

Now I see that it was a great pick. This kid is definitely NHL bound, sooner rather than later. He's a leader. A mini Shane.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think given his pro build, his adequate skill, and his high level compete, we’ve got an NHLer on our hands. Especially given the extra opportunities his name will grant him, if extra opportunities are even needed.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I noticed he had a couple assists last night.

Seems like everytime I look at Yotes boxscores throughout prospect tourny and now these preseason games, hes putting up points every game

Reactions: shaner8989

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad