Voynov Suspended for 2019-2020 (upd: NHLPA to appeal)

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Exactly

she didn't even bring up a translator until AFTER she spoke to the nurse and the police the first time.

Playing the translator card here is as bad a Nancy Pelosi claiming that she was set up at the hair salon

We aren't talking about a top politician but about an ordinary immigrant woman with no previous experience with the California legal system. It's not a stretch to assume that she had no idea about how to best protect her rights.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
If you don't like pointless arguments, why have you replied to me and countless others defending an abuser.

I mean WTF is this

Are you seriously downplaying her injury because he meant to shove her , but not in to the TV ?
Really

Here is an example how that could have been an accident.
Say he and the wife were trying to separate two things that were stuck together and once they loosened , she fell in to the TV as a result of her own force that she was using to pull the two stuck objects apart
Shoving someone is not an accident. A women shove never be pushed or shoved by a man and the fact that it was in to a TV is really immaterial. What if he pushed her off a balcony and she fell a story on to concrete?
His hands should not have been on her in the first place.

and you call this an "accident" Jesus christ

If he hadn't been pushing and shoving her, she wouldn't have hit the tv.

A possible choke? is this another bad attempt at claiming and accident? When is the last time you choked someone? Personally I think it was when I was about 7.
Adults don't go around choking each other unless it is an attempt to kill someone outside of some crazy sexual shit which obviously was not the case

Red markS and scratcheS
not one multiple

By poitnless argument(should have used arguing, but it was like 2 hours after midnight here) I meant trying to persuade somebody with an obvious bias.

About shoving, I think it is obvious what I mean, but okay let me say it again: He is guilty of shoving her, but there was no intent to have this outcome. In Russia it is called injury caused by "careless behaviour" or smth like that, I don't know the proper term in English. Just like in the example I told you. I injured my friend, broke his fingers, but it wasn't a result of some malicious intent on my part. That's why I am calling it an accident. I am not saying that shoving people is fine, it is another topic. They obviously had a scandal, even good people with great relationships have them sometimes. He made a mistake by showing her like that, for sure. But there is a big difference between again a a)repeated sadistic offender and b)a guy who made a mistake in a stressful situation. There also is a big difference between a)clocking your wife like Ray Rice did and b)shoving her
And the balcony example is not the best analogy, balcony is a place of higher potential danger that your living room it is like comparing pushing and shoving a person on a soccer field and on the edge of a cliff, it is not the same.

I don't know if you had relationships and lived with someone. Sometimes people get crazy. I know lots of families where frustrated women physically abused their boyfriends or husbands. My uncle broke his leg because his wife pushed him down the stairs, my best friend still has a scar under his eye because his wife threw a full glass at him, and then there is verbal abuse etc, we don't know what happened. If this was a one time super scandal and they moved on, then it's fine. Of course if it is a repeating thing something has to be done.

And for you question, last time I seriously choked someone was when I was 25, during a street fight, and that was a serious choke, he went limb. How many since age of 7? Maybe 50 times maybe more, but mostly nothing serious. However I disagree with a statement that it is either "intent to kill" or "crazy sexual stuff". Somebody definately can choke another person without intent to kill or even to cause serious injury, it can be done to scare someone, or to rough him or her up, or to control another persons movement by grabbing the by the neck. And again I have to state obvious, I don't approve any of this unless it is self defense.

As for markS and scratcheS given you expirience with chokes I am not surprised, but you can get lots of marks and scrathes from a headlock or a choke.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
By poitnless argument(should have used arguing, but it was like 2 hours after midnight here) I meant trying to persuade somebody with an obvious bias.

About shoving, I think it is obvious what I mean, but okay let me say it again: He is guilty of shoving her, but there was no intent to have this outcome. In Russia it is called injury caused by "careless behaviour" or smth like that, I don't know the proper term in English.
Regardless of injury, if the injury was caused by a violent act it is not an accident

Example- If shoot someone in the arm, is the action really any less worse if the bullet goes through his arm without shattering a bone?
Would you considered that shattered bone to be an "accident"

Just like in the example I told you. I injured my friend, broke his fingers, but it wasn't a result of some malicious intent on my part. That's why I am calling it an accident.
Intent is the issue here.
It would be an accident if you accident slammed a car door on his hand or dropped something.
It would not be an accident if you hit it with a hammer

Her injuries from being shoved in to the TV were not an accident, they were a by product of an act that should not have happened in the first place.

I am not saying that shoving people is fine, it is another topic. They obviously had a scandal, even good people with great relationships have them sometimes. He made a mistake by showing her like that, for sure. But there is a big difference between again a a)repeated sadistic offender and b)a guy who made a mistake in a stressful situation.
Except that Mrs Voynov did tell both the hospital worker and the police (at first) that this was not the first time.
Either way. It should NEVER happen

There also is a big difference between a)clocking your wife like Ray Rice did and b)shoving her
here you go trying to down play his actions again
First all of, neither should ever happen

Second of all voynov did punch her at the party before they left for home

Marta Varlamova, Voynov's wife, told police the couple started arguing during a Halloween party. Voynov removed her costume glasses and stomped on them, then, outside the venue, he punched her in the left jaw, according to the report.
Slava Voynov police report: argument details, choking, kicking alleged

Voynov punched his wife at a Halloween party in Manhattan Beach and later kicked her before shoving her into the television
Slava Voynov’s wife agrees to domestic violence counseling in bid to avoid contempt – Daily Breeze

And the balcony example is not the best analogy, balcony is a place of higher potential danger that your living room it is like comparing pushing and shoving a person on a soccer field and on the edge of a cliff, it is not the same.
Regardless a female should never be pushed or shoved by a male.

I don't know if you had relationships and lived with someone. Sometimes people get crazy.
I have been married for 20 years. Neither my wife or or have ever laid a hand on either other.

I know lots of families where frustrated women physically abused their boyfriends or husbands. My uncle broke his leg because his wife pushed him down the stairs, my best friend still has a scar under his eye because his wife threw a full glass at him, and then there is verbal abuse etc, we don't know what happened. If this was a one time super scandal and they moved on, then it's fine. Of course if it is a repeating thing something has to be done.
Every example here is 100% wrong.
Each is a crime
None should ever happen not even once

And for you question, last time I seriously choked someone was when I was 25, during a street fight, and that was a serious choke, he went limb. How many since age of 7? Maybe 50 times maybe more, but mostly nothing serious. However I disagree with a statement that it is either "intent to kill" or "crazy sexual stuff".
My example was intended to be between men and women.
And all I can about you admitting to choking 50 or more people is "wow" and probably another "wow"

Somebody definately can choke another person without intent to kill or even to cause serious injury, it can be done to scare someone, or to rough him or her up, or to control another persons movement by grabbing the by the neck.
And each and every one of these are 10,000,000% wrong when the example is a man and woman like with Slaca and Varlamova
There is zero reason for a man to ever choke a women
There is zero reason to scare her by threatening to crush vital bones, cut off her oxygen supply, or as you said " control her movement"

And again I have to state obvious, I don't approve any of this unless it is self defense.
this is the most reassuring thing that you have posted, but again the example is between a man and a woman and if a woman is attacking a man to the level where he needs to choke her , he should leave the situation and get the authorities involved

As for markS and scratcheS given you expirience with chokes I am not surprised, but you can get lots of marks and scrathes from a headlock or a choke.
I will take this as your agreeing that Voynov choked her

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Voynov messed up , but if the players are comfortable playing with him why not let him back. If they are not comfortable it means he may intentionally injure players but you gotta look at the track record is this a one time thing or not

You act like you never did something stupid in your lives

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Voynov f***ed up , but if the players are comfortable playing with him why not let him back.

Voynov still hasn't shown remorse. He even joked about it after he won gold at the Olympics.

f*** him. He can rot in Russia.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Nah, I stole some shit, I fought, yes. But no, I never choked or hit my wife, no..

If this count as " something stupid" than dude I'm sad for you cause you did some things you thought were stupid when in reality were completely Vile and evil.
Sad world we live in when people hit their lover or kid and think its "just something stupid"

Reactions: shello

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Nah, I stole some shit, I fought, yes. But no, I never choked or hit my wife, no..

If this count as " something stupid" than dude I'm sad for you cause you did some things you thought were stupid when in reality were completely Vile and evil.
Sad world we live in when people hit their lover or kid and think its "just something stupid"
I mean people smack their kids all the time , if it was something like that I don't think it would be a story

Voynovs situation is much more violent , and he is better off out of a relationship if he cannot handle himself. But now his wife is missing on potential income he could have made , very sad situation for them. a scenario where law enforcement makes their lives worse

if we knew about all the stuff that went on with players behind the scenes im sure there would be horror

Last edited:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Voynov messed up , but if the players are comfortable playing with him why not let him back. If they are not comfortable it means he may intentionally injure players but you gotta look at the track record is this a one time thing or not

I never beat my wife so I am pretty comfortable saying that Voynov can go f*** himself and stay out of the NHL.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I mean people smack their kids all the time , if it was something like that I don't think it would be a story

Voynovs situation is much more violent , and he is better off out of a relationship if he cannot handle himself. But now his wife is missing on potential income he could have made , very sad situation for them. a scenario where law enforcement makes their lives worse

if we knew about all the stuff that went on with players behind the scenes im sure there would be horror

He should've thought about that before he beat his wife.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
me neither i dont have one

but say for example he went to rehab, accepted his mistake, etc etc your saying there is no chance for forgiveness?
Lack of empathy is the sign you need, he lacks empathy so he doesn't understand and never will.

“In my work with the defendants (at the Nuremberg Trails 1945-1949) I was searching for the nature of evil and I now think I have come close to defining it. A lack of empathy. It’s the one characteristic that connects all the defendants, a genuine incapacity to feel with their fellow men. Evil, I think, is the absence of empathy.”

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Lack of empathy is the sign you need, he lacks empathy so he doesn't understand and never will.

“In my work with the defendants (at the Nuremberg Trails 1945-1949) I was searching for the nature of evil and I now think I have come close to defining it. A lack of empathy. It’s the one characteristic that connects all the defendants, a genuine incapacity to feel with their fellow men. Evil, I think, is the absence of empathy.”
Fair enough, I have seen this type of stuff first hand and intervened. Ive seen people show remorse and become better for it so i was not quick to judge

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I think mods need to lock it up. He’s not coming back to the NHL and the discussion here has gone downhill and it’s pointless.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
The longer it goes, the less chances he has of coming back. I don't know if the NHL has in mind to keep him waiting, until he's "too old" to play. Guy went on a horrible fit, but I guess he just wants to play again in the NHL. He had a lot of time to think about his crime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad