Voynov Suspended for 2019-2020 (upd: NHLPA to appeal)

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Investigation took an entire year and now suspended another season.

f***in hell. Voynov will be 30 something by the time he's allowed to play in the NHL again.

He should just stay in the KHL, he's already got his name engraved into the Stanley Cup.

slava-voynov.jpg

Mumbo

Aug 6, 2013
Should have been a lifetime ban but I understand that they probably can't do that.

I really, really, really hope that no NHL team signs him ever. If the Habs sign him I'd rather become a Bruins fan than cheer for the Habs (which is saying a lot, but I'm sure they'd never do that).

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Not saying he should or shouldnt be re-instated. But how does the NHL get away with giving players such as Watson, Kane, Bertuzzi lesser punishments for similar if not worse offenses

Because he beat the shit out of his wife with clear proof. Don’t think Watson’s case had proof, wife didn’t actually accuse him of anything IIRC and what about Kane? Bertuzzi I was so long ago

volcom92886

Feb 23, 2009
So Cal
Because he beat the **** out of his wife with clear proof. Don’t think Watson’s case had proof, wife didn’t actually accuse him of anything IIRC and what about Kane? Bertuzzi I was so long ago

Kane assaulted and punched a cab driver over 20 cents. Watson beat on his spouse and got a slap on the wrist. Not saying he doesnt deserve a suspension just would prefer if the NHL was consistent in handing them out.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
A wife beater like him should be suspended for life tbh. Neither should he ever be allowed to enter the US/Canada ever again. The fact that his wife is also from Russia doesnt play a major role here.

Let this be an example to everyone

Reactions: Mork

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
A wife beater like him should be suspended for life tbh. Neither should he ever be allowed to enter the US/Canada ever again. The fact that his wife is also from Russia doesnt play a major role here.

yeah, no one is capable of redeeming themselves or learning from mistakes, especially Russians. we might as well send this guy to the gulag

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Kane assaulted and punched a cab driver over 20 cents. Watson beat on his spouse and got a slap on the wrist. Not saying he doesnt deserve a suspension just would prefer if the NHL was consistent in handing them out.

Consistent by tarring everyone with the same brush regardless of criminal conviction or rumor. Ok.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Or maybe if he serves his punishment and shows he's an improved person, he doesn't deserve to be ruined for life? I really feel like people want punishments more than recovery when it comes to criminals, which is really bad in my eyes.

Just using one of my own teams as an example, a ton of people were grilling Jung Ho Kang and the Pirates for deciding to bring him back after getting his 3rd DUI in South Korea, which caused him to lose his visa and miss like 2 years in the MLB. If he's an improved person and doesn't drunk drive, why does he deserve to be continuously punished when he has improved? People were legitimately saying they wouldn't cheer for the team with a serial drunk driver on it, as if there was no way he'd ever be able to improve.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Sometimes it's amazing just how little ability people have to draw distinctions or even just simple compare and contrast. Yes, I'm referring to the people talking about Watson and whoever else in the same breath as Voynov.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Okay regardless of whatever anyone thinks, this extremely slow process and suspension is straight garbage. He's been unable to play for a while. What's the point of adding another season?

Pathetic.

He is playing in the 2nd best league in the world. So its not like his life has been ruined.

The NHL shows that it doesnt want to be associated with someone like him. Its bad marketing. Theres nothing more to this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->