VOTING OPEN - Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award

Who is your vote for the Steven McDonald Extra Effort Award

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Really wish you included more options @Mike in Houston I think Trocheck is a hilarious choice considering he's riding shotgun with Panarin who's having a career year and came back motivated af after a disappointing playoff outing. Do people not realize Panarin hasn't won this award yet?

If we're going purely by merit, along with a bit of sentimentalism; it should be Panarin AINEC.

Then if you're caring more about the storyline, Quick & Rempe (though he may not have played enough games) are obvious choices.

29ez9ho.png

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Really wish you included more options @Mike in Houston I think Trocheck is a hilarious choice considering he's riding shotgun with Panarin who's having a career year and came back motivated af after a disappointing playoff outing. Do people not realize Panarin hasn't won this award yet?

If we're going purely by merit, along with a bit of sentimentalism; it should be Panarin AINEC.

Then if you're caring more about the storyline, Quick & Rempe (though he may not have played enough games) are obvious choices.

29ez9ho.png

Tell me who you want to add. I picked who I thought would be the best candidates. I can add Panarin if you want. I'm not going to add the entire roster though. That's silly talk.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Tell me who you want to add. I picked who I thought would be the best candidates. I can add Panarin if you want. I'm not going to add the entire roster though. That's silly talk.
Lindgren has had a brutal season and won it last year, I don't see him taking it. I think Panarin is due, this trophy seems to also take into account sentimentalism and there's a nice storyline there with how Panarin had the disappointing playoff and shaved his head, came back extra motivated and put up a career year. It's kinda crazy Panarin hasn't won it yet. But I bet a lot of fans will be submitting votes for Rempe too, if he was up here the whole year he'd be the obvious choice

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Its between Tro and Quick. Remember Quick saved a lot of this season. Everyone thought he was cooked but he came in and helped Shesty’s early issues.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
The argument against Panarin is that he is supposed to be doing this kind of stuff. We signed him to be the top gun, the #1 guy. He's been that guy the majority of the time.

Trocheck was signed to be the 2C and was slated to be the 3C this season. He was not supposed to be riding shotgun to Panarin, that was Chytil. His role was to be the matchup center.

He's exceeded that exponentially. Trocheck has been their #1C all season. He's a key cog to one of the better PPs in the league, is an important penalty killer, and takes tons of key faceoffs late in games. On top of that, he's 10 top in minutes per game in the league.

If there is anyone on this team that is going above and beyond the call of duty, it's Vincent Trocheck.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I don't think effort has ever been a significant factor, pro or con, in Panarin's performance. The vast majority in the variation in his play comes from his judgement calls, stylistic preference, and strategy.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Took Lafreniere because of the difference in his game this year. Trochek would be my 1b. Vesey should get some love too

Reactions: CasusBelli

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
I went with Vesey.

IMO the SMEEA is as much about what the player brings to the locker room as tangible on ice results. Truly believe that Vesey is a tie that binds within the team and lends a lot of what Zucc used to bring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad