Vote Rielly In to All-Star Game

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
This has all the drama as whether Dale Earnhardt Jr gets voted in as the fan favorite to the all star race. Leafs nation.. It will just be whatever Leaf year after year.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I personally couldn’t care less about the All-Star game, just look at Ovechkin he is saying pass to it and the NHL is suspending him 1 game which is just ridiculous.

I’d rather have Rielly and all our guys for that matter have the time off to relax and hear up for the 2nd half run and playoffs instead of some lame game where nobody even tries, at the same time who knows if some freak injury could happen during it?

Bottom line, us Leafs fans shouldn’t take it personally that one of our guys might not be there. Let’s look at the big picture.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Voted rielly 10x :)

Anyone in support of having the asg, on a weekend immediately following the regular season, but just before the playoffs start?

At the same time as all star weekend and in collaboration would also be a sort of "media day"(NFL style) for teams in the playoffs.

This would give almost a week of rest for 95% of players prior to the playoffs.

Just an idea of sorts for a ASG combined with a playoffs kickoff party. Or maybe I'm out to lunch

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Voted rielly 10x :)

Anyone in support of having the asg, on a weekend immediately following the regular season, but just before the playoffs start?

At the same time as all star weekend and in collaboration would also be a sort of "media day"(NFL style) for teams in the playoffs.

This would give almost a week of rest for 95% of players prior to the playoffs.

Just an idea of sorts for a ASG combined with a playoffs kickoff party. Or maybe I'm out to lunch
I'd scrap the whole event before putting it right before the playoffs. I think it'd be insane to kill end of season momentum like that. I also think the break mid-season is better.

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I'd scrap the whole event before putting it right before the playoffs. I think it'd be insane to kill end of season momentum like that. I also think the break mid-season is better.
What end of season momentum is really there?

Theres normally 3-5 days of break anyways and this would be used to build momentum towards the playoffs.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Theres normally 3-5 days of break anyways and this would be used to build momentum towards the playoffs.

Probably 3/4 of the allstars would be in the playoffs and prefer the days off.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Funny how most posters have been mocking the ASG for years about what a farce it is. Now all of a sudden it’s all critical to vote Rielly in like it’s actually important.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Yeah, they get a slight rest before, but some carries over. Plus, its a burden with the travel and everything. It isn't just playing a one off game. There is a bunch of crap which comes with the all-star game. Like promotional events, people generally have to get their whole family out there, and a bunch of tiny things that add up. Plus, imagine a starting goalie pulls something in the skills contest before the playoffs. People would snap. It's just reckless.

Reactions: my name is Bob

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Funny how most posters have been mocking the ASG for years about what a farce it is. Now all of a sudden it’s all critical to vote Rielly in like it’s actually important.
I think its a farce, but I do think he also deserves league-wide recognition for his play. Whether it's a farce or not, he deserves to be recognized as a top 3 defender in our division.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Been voting for him 10 times a day since it's opened.

Also voting for Backstrom, Landeskog and Draisaitl.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think its a farce, but I do think he also deserves league-wide recognition for his play. Whether it's a farce or not, he deserves to be recognized as a top 3 defender in our division.

so?
hope he wins the Norris, not going to the ASG.

Reactions: Keon1963

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
You know you can hope for both right? they aren't mutually exclusive.

i just don't see the point of people yearning to see our guys going to a game when they could benefit from the rest. if he needs to be league wide recognition, let it be something meaningful ie: a league award, vs putting on an event for people when you could be resting aches and whatever for a playoff push.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
i just don't see the point of people yearning to see our guys going to a game when they could benefit from the rest. if he needs to be league wide recognition, let it be something meaningful ie: a league award, vs putting on an event for people when you could be resting aches and whatever for a playoff push.
I'm sure it's pretty fun for our young guys and Rielly deserves to get recognized as one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad