Vote Rielly In to All-Star Game

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Got the gf voting Rielly in 10 X a day. She's not even voting for the other division's players :laugh:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Got the gf voting Rielly in 10 X a day. She's not even voting for the other division's players :laugh:

It's not even like there isn't good reason for this. How can you not have the current best defender in the NHL not in the All Star Game. I know that's a really crazy thing to say about Rielly but he is having a legit elite season and 100% deserves it.

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

WTF? How does this work? I wanted to do that but the stupid voting thing wouldn't accept my vote. so i voted for rielly and then just randomly chose players from other divisions :laugh:

EDIT:
nevermind; i think it remembers the players you chose so you can pick "vote the same players" option

Last edited:

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
It's not even like there isn't good reason for this. How can you not have the current best defender in the NHL not in the All Star Game. I know that's a really crazy thing to say about Rielly but he is having a legit elite season and 100% deserves it.
Neither Rielly nor Giordano outright made the game and they're pretty much the two front runners for the Norris at the moment. Giordano deserves to be voted in for his division.

Keon1963

Sep 27, 2017
Marner should also be there and will not be.

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
The guys on pace for 90+ points, the fact that we have to vote him into the game is a joke ... even more of a joke than the all-star game itself.

Personally I haven’t watched an nhl all star game since there was that game where the combined score was something like 30 goals. That’s not even hockey

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Would he be better served taking the week off. Vote Bergeron and make him go out to SJ.

Awesome!

Mixed feelings about this. Rielly deserves the recognition but getting him some rest would be good. The All-star game is such a joke anyway, ideally they'd just ditch the whole thing or play it after the season is over like they do in the NFL.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Awesome!

Mixed feelings about this. Rielly deserves the recognition but getting him some rest would be good. The All-star game is such a joke anyway, ideally they'd just ditch the whole thing or play it after the season is over like they do in the NFL.

Plus...almost every HFB Leaf fan is boycotting anyway, so.....

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Players in private will tell you that the All Star game is a dog and pony show that they would rather not go to and just get the rest instead. A week in Bermuda/Barbados/Jamaica with their families/friends away from all the pressures of pro hockey or a week in a hotel room in San Jose with responsibilities to be at certain places at certain times, then they have to fly home through 4 time zones when the D&P show is over.

As a fan of the Leafs the best thing you can do is vote in a bunch of Tampa Bay, Buffalo or Boston players, let them deal with the travel and BS media for 4 days.

Give our boys a rest... :D

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Players in private will tell you that the All Star game is a dog and pony show that they would rather not go to and just get the rest instead. A week in Bermuda/Barbados/Jamaica with their families/friends away from all the pressures of pro hockey or a week in a hotel room in San Jose with responsibilities to be at certain places at certain times, then they have to fly home through 4 time zones when the D&P show is over.

As a fan of the Leafs the best thing you can do is vote in a bunch of Tampa Bay, Buffalo or Boston players, let them deal with the travel and BS media for 4 days.

Give our boys a rest... :D
We do hear alot that it is better to rest, but come on is it really that tiresome? They play an easy no hitting shinny type game. Do a couple of skill events. Sure they do media events but it just seems like one big party to me, I don't see the big deal.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Awesome!

Even though I'm not really a fan, I can't imagine the NHL (or any major N.A. sports league) would ditch the ASG. I do like the idea of moving it to later in the season. Might help with eliminating players opting not to go. I'm optimistic about Rielly's chances of winning the Last Man In vote.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
We do hear alot that it is better to rest, but come on is it really that tiresome? They play an easy no hitting shinny type game. Do a couple of skill events. Sure they do media events but it just seems like one big party to me, I don't see the big deal.

It’s not overwhelming but the media and sponsors take a bunch of their time. It’s like us going to a convention versus a vacation.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Big parties can be tiring.
Why do you think guys try and get out of it if they can?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Voted 10 times

Rielly, Backstrom, Landeskog, Giordano

Letang / Backstrom I went back and forth but took Backstrom after his cup run and team in 1st place

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->