Vote: How do you feel about how the Blues handled Petro?

Good Decision or Bad Decision to not give Petro a full NMC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Considering Pietro has been referred to by his teammates as a coach on the ice, I don't think you have any idea as to what the situation is.

I believe this as I've seen it. I've attended many games over the years when the Blues came to Calgary. I remember one game that I went to, It was Petro's second NHL season I was sitting pretty far away from the ice and benches and I could hear Petro even with him being that young at the time he was already emerging as a leader. Every time I would go to a game in Calgary I could always hear him. And yes he is coach on the ice.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Why YouTube why did you have to recommend Alex Pietrangelo highlights to me :(
That isn't bad at all.

To me youtube is recommending Jake Allen and Patrik Berglund highlights.

n4JZGq.gif

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Well he did get an NTC which is still more than what Army offered and a slap to the face to Pie either way.
The statement was about NMC. Lots of Blues have received various forms of NTC from the Blues. If that’s what Pietro wanted, he could have had it easily. The statement I responded to was simply flat out false.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The statement was about NMC. Lots of Blues have received various forms of NTC from the Blues. If that’s what Pietro wanted, he could have had it easily. The statement I responded to was simply flat out false.

Various Blues also got NMCs too, I guess we didn’t value Pie enough to offer him one, huh?

Reactions: Vollie27

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
Various Blues also got NMCs too, I guess we didn’t value Pie enough to offer him one, huh?

There's been 0 Blues players with an MNC. Lots and lots of Blues players have NTC's. It still would've been easy to offer Petro an NMC cause it's the price you pay to keep a player of Petro's calibre. Ugh. Big mistake Blues made.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
And we have officially hit the point where fans think they have any clue who the leaders on the Blues are.
Because we do.

Someone makes this post every single time the team is about to get a new captain.

The vast majority of the fanbase knew Backes was going to become the captain, and when he left, everyone knew it was going to be Pietrangelo. They weren’t surprises.

Like, it’s honestly not hard at all to figure it out. I don’t know why some fans act like it is. If you pay attention to the team, there’s so many ways to know. Watching games, interviews, reports from media people that are actually inside the locker room, etc etc. And again, at least 90% of this board could nail down the top 4 candidates to be the next captain without question, and nobody in St. Louis will be remotely shocked when they name ROR.

Last edited:

TurgPavs

Jan 7, 2019
There's been 0 Blues players with an MNC. Lots and lots of Blues players have NTC's. It still would've been easy to offer Petro an NMC cause it's the price you pay to keep a player of Petro's calibre. Ugh. Big mistake Blues made.

There is exactly ZERO players on the Blues who have Full NTC's for the term of their contract ZERO.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
There is exactly ZERO players on the Blues who have Full NTC's for the term of their contract ZERO.
This is true, but I'm going to nitpick it slightly.

Tarasenko wasn't eligible to have a NTC for the first few years of his current deal - hence, no one had (has) a full NTC for their full contract. However, he's the only player who has a NTC without conditions which extends to the end of his contract. Every other player either has conditions on their NTC now or will have them at some point in the future.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Because we do.

Someone makes this post every single time the team is about to get a new captain.

The vast majority of the fanbase knew Backes was going to become the captain, and when he left, everyone knew it was going to be Pietrangelo. They weren’t surprises.

Like, it’s honestly not hard at all to figure it out. I don’t know why some fans act like it is. If you pay attention to the team, there’s so many ways to know. Watching games, interviews, reports from media people that are actually inside the locker room, etc etc. And again, at least 90% of this board could nail down the top 4 candidates to be the next captain without question, and nobody in St. Louis will be remotely shocked when they name ROR.

No, usually you see the kind of post I made in response to bullshit below.

Petro being captain meant nothing. Anyone who watches this team knows damn well the real leader was ROR.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad