Vote for the type of league you would like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
For those interested in the full keeper league. I figured it would be nice to get a few ideas for the league down to make sure it is a league everyone wants to be in.

My ideas for the league are this.

• Full keeper
  • 2 initial drafts (One for players in the NHL and one for players not in the nhl. The second one doesn't have to happen right away.)
  • A draft each year for prospects being drafted (I.E. Draft 2016 draft prospects next year.)
  • No salary caps or anything. That can be fun, but I figure not everyone wants to do that and I am not sure I do.

Anything to add? Things you like? Dislike?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
For those interested in the full keeper league. I figured it would be nice to get a few ideas for the league down to make sure it is a league everyone wants to be in.

My ideas for the league are this.

• Full keeper
  • 2 initial drafts (One for players in the NHL and one for players not in the nhl. The second one doesn't have to happen right away.)
  • A draft each year for prospects being drafted (I.E. Draft 2016 draft prospects next year.)
  • No salary caps or anything. That can be fun, but I figure not everyone wants to do that and I am not sure I do.

Anything to add? Things you like? Dislike?

I've been out of the loop and quite honestly the thread is hard to follow.

If the only options are the league set-up in the post I quoted and a standard league, I'd rather play the standard. Or are we still hoping for an in-between?

Thanks.

juno89

May 30, 2013
1. Partial Keeper w/o prospects
2. Full Keeper w/o prospects
3. Partial Keeper w/ prospects
4. Full keeper w/ prospects

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I've been out of the loop and quite honestly the thread is hard to follow.

If the only options are the league set-up in the post I quoted and a standard league, I'd rather play the standard. Or are we still hoping for an in-between?

Thanks.

I don't mean to be a jerk, but it is really easy to follow. There are 5 options for leagues. I'm not sure how this is confusing, but it clearly is, since most aren't doing what was asked.

It was really simple. Vote for the leagues you are interested in and then post your order of preference. You will automatically be put in your first option. Then, you can join other leagues if we have openings once we have given everyone a chance to get in the league that is their first choice.

What is even more confusing is you never even voted for the keep league, the one you quoted, so I am not sure why you even care about the rules of that league. :) I clearly stated that those rules are OPTIONS for the FULL keeper league.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Maybe we should just make it 3 leagues.

Full Keeper with Prospects
Partial Keeper without Prospects
Regular

?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I signed in to the first link Espen posted - before I read the below.. my apologies, lol. Delete if need be..just let me know.

Just get out of the league then. We should have the second league up soon.

Not to be a jerk (or maybe to be one) this whole approach to setting up these leagues democratically is a clusterf**k. I've got 7 guys signed up so far (one of whom may or not want to be in) 4 of whom I don't know who they are and don't really care except for I would like to contact the stragglers to see if they are ever going to get around to signing up.

Advice for future: Set up a league-first 10 guys who sign up are in. If the stragglers don't sign up soon I'll open the existing league to whomever wants to be in.

Talk about complicating things. Sheesh.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I don't mean to be a jerk, but it is really easy to follow. There are 5 options for leagues. I'm not sure how this is confusing, but it clearly is, since most aren't doing what was asked.

It was really simple. Vote for the leagues you are interested in and then post your order of preference. You will automatically be put in your first option. Then, you can join other leagues if we have openings once we have given everyone a chance to get in the league that is their first choice.

What is even more confusing is you never even voted for the keep league, the one you quoted, so I am not sure why you even care about the rules of that league. :) I clearly stated that those rules are OPTIONS for the FULL keeper league.

Nobody but you has the vaguest notion how this whole thing is working and you call me out? I think you're the one not following. I'm not unappreciative of your efforts in this regard, but I sure as hell don't appreciate your contention that I'm the only one that isn't following. Like Espen said, this whole thing is a goddam mess.

I see two leagues so far, Espen's standard league and the one for which you provided rules in the post I quoted. I don't see anyone discussing the format for which I voted. So, recognizing that not everyone gets what they want, what's the status of that, or am I faced with a choice between that league and a standard? That's all I'm asking.

Last edited:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Not to be a jerk (or maybe to be one) this whole approach to setting up these leagues democratically is a clusterf**k. I've got 7 guys signed up so far (one of whom may or not want to be in) 4 of whom I don't know who they are and don't really care except for I would like to contact the stragglers to see if they are ever going to get around to signing up.

Advice for future: Set up a league-first 10 guys who sign up are in. If the stragglers don't sign up soon I'll open the existing league to whomever wants to be in.

Talk about complicating things. Sheesh.

It was first come first serve. That is why the first 10 who signed up on here were put in the first league. Sorry to try to help out. I'm done with this. Have fun guys.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Nobody but you has the vaguest notion how this whole thing is working and you call me out? I think you're the one not following. I'm not unappreciative of your efforts in this regard, but I sure as hell don't appreciate your contention that I'm the only one that isn't following. Like Espen said, this whole thing is a goddam mess.

I see two leagues so far, Espen's standard league and the one for which you provided rules in the post I quoted. I don't see anyone discussing the format for which I voted. So, recognizing that not everyone gets what they want, what's the status of that, or am I faced with a choice between that league and a standard? That's all I'm asking.

You are right. I'm sorry I couldn't have put the effort in to show who is in each league and who has said they may be interested in each league.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=106793475&postcount=4

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
You are right. I'm sorry I couldn't have put the effort in to show who is in each league and who has said they may be interested in each league.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=106793475&postcount=4

If I'm "in" a league why haven't I signed up for anything yet or been given a link to join a league? I saw you direct another poster to post 4, so I went there and saw a bunch of lists. But no commissioners and no leagues. So again I ask, where are we at? Thanks.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
If I'm "in" a league why haven't I signed up for anything yet or been given a link to join a league? I saw you direct another poster to post 4, so I went there and saw a bunch of lists. But no commissioners and no leagues. So again I ask, where are we at? Thanks.

You never said which league was your first choice. So, you were never officially put in any league. A commissioner is chosen after there are 10 in a league. Then, they set the league up on Yahoo. Like was done with the first regular league in which EspenK is the commissioner. Like I said, I WAS trying to give everyone a chance to get in their first choice, because I know we won't end up with a perfect amount (10, 20, etc....) for each league. Then, after that, everyone would be put in any of the other leagues they would like to be in. Again, like I said, I'm done trying to put this together. You guys can do whatever you want.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
You never said which league was your first choice. So, you were never officially put in any league. A commissioner is chose after there are 10 in a league. Then, they set the league up on Yahoo. Like was done with the first regular league in which EspenK is the commissioner. Like I said, I WAS trying to give everyone a chance to get in their first choice, because I know we won't end up with a perfect amount (10, 20, etc....) for each league. Then, after that, everyone would be put in any of the other leagues they would like to be in. Again, like I said, I'm done trying to put this together. You guys can do whatever you want.

OK so if I understand this correctly...

I'm hoping that, out of the people who voted partial keeper, that someone will agree to run a league and set it up, putting the link in here. If someone did that, that'd be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad