Jovavic

Double-Shift Lasse
President Madagascar
BoonesJenner
Sore Loser
CAMSANITY

Last edited:

thebus2288*

I'd rather do a "partial keeper" league (probably 7-8 guys but **** i'd do 10) with prospects. I have no problem doing a "full keeper" league but IMO I just think it takes a lot of fun away from doing the drafts before the year. With a higher number of keepers like 10, I think more people would be interested because they could keep MOST of the guys they wanted with also making the draft more fun with a less % of rookies and young guys.

Also, not to sound like an ass, but If you want to do a keeper league, full or partial, I don't see why you wouldn't want to do prospects. If its say just 3 guys per team even a league with a lot of teams like 14-16, the guys would all still be pretty well known.

Just throwing my opinion out there.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Could everyone who has voted for more than one option list them in order of preference. We may have enough to get one league together depending on your preferences. I figured we could add each poster to their 1st choice and then we can add them to other leagues they would like to join if there is room.

Mine is:
1. Full keeper with prospects
2. Regular

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I only voted for the regular and still want that but add me to the partial keeper with and without prospects. Either one is okay with me if needed to fill out a league. Thanks.

IndyDave

Jul 30, 2005
I voted only for Regular.

I would play anywhere else, but I don't want to be part of a league that tracks prospects outside of the software we are playing in (be it Yahoo or ESPN). Tried that once and it was an unmitigated disaster.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Not sure what you were in or how they "tracked" prospects, but I have never had a problem in any keeper league I have been in. You just have control over prospects you draft and when they make it to the NHL, you are the only one who can pick them up for your team.

I.E. I would be the only one who could pick up Bjorkstrand, when he makes it to the NHL, in our league if I drafted him.

IndyDave

Jul 30, 2005
Not sure what you were in or how they "tracked" prospects, but I have never had a problem in any keeper league I have been in. You just have control over prospects you draft and when they make it to the NHL, you are the only one who can pick them up for your team.

I.E. I would be the only one who could pick up Bjorkstrand, when he makes it to the NHL, in our league if I drafted him.

The league in question immediately did a prospects draft after the maximum roster size in ESPN was filled. Anyone not taken in the draft could be picked up in the prospect "draft" that was done via league message board.

Made it virtually impossible to pick up free agents as you had to search through the message board to see if anyone was "reserved". Often times, owners did not do that and acquired a free agent who was "reserved."

Simply put, if my prospects aren't on my roster in Yahoo or ESPN or wherever we play, I would prefer not be put in that league. Thanks.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
The league in question immediately did a prospects draft after the maximum roster size in ESPN was filled. Anyone not taken in the draft could be picked up in the prospect "draft" that was done via league message board.

Made it virtually impossible to pick up free agents as you had to search through the message board to see if anyone was "reserved". Often times, owners did not do that and acquired a free agent who was "reserved."

Simply put, if my prospects aren't on my roster in Yahoo or ESPN or wherever we play, I would prefer not be put in that league. Thanks.

That is fine. No one is forcing you to do anything. Having said that, I have never been in a league run like that. You aren't drafting players who are already in the league. You are drafting players have never played an NHL game and/or who are in future drafts. I.E. Next year, there would be a draft for prospects eligible for the 2016 draft. It really isn't that hard to manage.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
The league I'm in does a Google doc that tracks salary caps for every team and breaks down the rosters. You can't sign more than X amount of forwards, X amount of D, or X amount of G ... and if you have them listed on the doc, nobody else can pick them up in the league.

So even if some guys are free agents on ESPN, you have to check on Google to make sure they aren't taken. Then you have to make sure you have the cap space and roster space to sign them, and you are on the hook for their real-life contract.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I was in a sim league years ago (prospect ratings was based on HF's number and letter system, so through that league I found out about this place). I'll be done with whatever is decided, though what is the difference between regular and full team with prospects?

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I was in a sim league years ago (prospect ratings was based on HF's number and letter system, so through that league I found out about this place). I'll be done with whatever is decided, though what is the difference between regular and full team with prospects?

Regular is just a regular fantasy league. Draft a team. Play out the year. Start all over again from scratch next year.

Please vote if you want to be added.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Regular is just a regular fantasy league. Draft a team. Play out the year. Start all over again from scratch next year.

Please vote if you want to be added.

Voted - I make the 16th for the regular.. two divisions of 8 maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad