Value of: (Voracek) & (OTT's 2019 1st, Owned by COL )

deftones1986

Jul 7, 2011
Instead of making a proposal, because mine seem to always fail, I'll just ask what do people put on the value of Jakub Voracek, and Ottawa's 2019 1st that Colorado owns?

Can Voracek fetch that pick? Or am I just setting myself up for another thread of being disappointed?

Capfriendly has him as a RW, and I'm not sure how promising any of the RW players are that Colorado has?

*I also know that the loss of Voracek has an impact on the Flyers, but I'm simply just asking if he can get that pick off the Avalanche, I don't want to dwell on the roster hole that it leaves for Philly or a whole bunch of back and forth about things, this is my own personal idea for a shakeup for the Flyers.

- First and foremost, is it a fair deal? Would Colorado covet Voracek? (He does NOT have a clause by the way)
- Essentially Colorado is doing Matt Duchene for Jakub Voracek plus all other assets acquired by them (Minus obviously the 2019 1st return)

- Does Colorado take a chance on landing the 1st overall with OTT's pick? Or do they think they can trade their own 1st plus OTT's 1st to move up to number 1 overall once the draft order is established?
- Colorado would still have their own 1st pick.

Thanks for any feedback!!!

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Avs have zero interest in this deal. Voracek is a great player, but the Avs aren't giving up the pick unless Karlsson is involved.

Reactions: Jarey Curry

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Both teams should wait and see. What if they make the trade and Ottawa decides not to blow it up, somehow manages to re-sign EK, and the team actually meshes? That first round pick isn't going to be worth Voracek and Philly gets screwed. Flip side is, what if they make the trade, Ottawa does sell for futures, and the pick wins the lottery? Now Avs get the short end. You usually get criticized more for the moves you do make than the ones you didn't (mainly because no one knows why the trade didn't go down).

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
No. Jake Voracek is a good regular season player but he's aging and not worth a potential 1st overall pick.

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
wouldnt touch voracek's contract with a ten foot pole, 8+ millions for him when our best player is making 6.3

Voracek is an outstanding player, but he isnt the right age for our core, and his contract would mess up our structure and our ability to re-sign our own young/up and comers like jost/rantanen/kerfoot/et al

specifically rantanen, who plays the same position and scored one less point than voracek this past season, he would have a legit argument to be paid close to what voracek makes

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Instead of making a proposal, because mine seem to always fail, I'll just ask what do people put on the value of Jakub Voracek, and Ottawa's 2019 1st that Colorado owns?

Can Voracek fetch that pick? Or am I just setting myself up for another thread of being disappointed?

Capfriendly has him as a RW, and I'm not sure how promising any of the RW players are that Colorado has?

*I also know that the loss of Voracek has an impact on the Flyers, but I'm simply just asking if he can get that pick off the Avalanche, I don't want to dwell on the roster hole that it leaves for Philly or a whole bunch of back and forth about things, this is my own personal idea for a shakeup for the Flyers.

- First and foremost, is it a fair deal? Would Colorado covet Voracek? (He does NOT have a clause by the way)
- Essentially Colorado is doing Matt Duchene for Jakub Voracek plus all other assets acquired by them (Minus obviously the 2019 1st return)

- Does Colorado take a chance on landing the 1st overall with OTT's pick? Or do they think they can trade their own 1st plus OTT's 1st to move up to number 1 overall once the draft order is established?
- Colorado would still have their own 1st pick.

Thanks for any feedback!!!

The Flyers are older, have a way deeper prospect pool and are closer to contention than the Avs.

So why would the Flyers trade the 28 year old stud for that 1st round pick? Does Hextall want to drown in prospects and picks while Giroux, JVR, Ghost, Simmonds and Couturier are wasting their primes?

The Avs on the other hand very much are still in need of prospects and depth IMO.

Especially a quality #2C which we really should try to get in next years draft given how strong it looks for centers and that the pick has a very good chance of being in the top10.

So that would be a hell no from me...

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
The Flyers are older, have a way deeper prospect pool and are closer to contention than the Avs.

So why would the Flyers trade the 28 year old stud for that 1st round pick? Does Hextall want to drown in prospects and picks while Giroux, JVR, Ghost, Simmonds and Couturier are wasting their primes?

he wants to rid himself of Voracek's contract before he starts losing value post 30 years old, which i dont blame the OP for, but the OTT pick has a very good chance of being top 3 and the avs would covet that player more than a 29 year old rw in his prime who carries an 8+ millions cap hit

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Neither team would have interest in making this trade.

Voracek is an important piece of a Flyers team that is primed to take the next step into contender status in no time at all. They are not in a cap crunch so there is no incentive for them at all.

deftones1986

Jul 7, 2011
I look at it like this from a Flyers fan perspective, which is mainly why I've made so many proposals.

- We don't have a goalie right now to make a run. Don't give me bs about Elliott and Neuvirth.
- Just because we are told Carter Hart is so promising, we don't know when Hextall will even allow him up to the big club. With his history, it could be 3 years from now no matter how much he lights it up.

So I can't really sit here and agree that the Flyers are closer to contention than anybody.

Toronto now has Tavares.
Pittsburgh still exists
Tampa Bay
Boston
Columbus

Are we really ready to beat any of these teams in a best of 7 when we have Andrew MacDonald taking up 5million for the next two years?

If you honestly believe we are ready to compete for the big dance, then you have more faith than I do.

I'd personally rather free up 8+ milliin for Free agency in the next 2 years when Hart is ready than believe we can win with a one-two punch of friggin Brian Elliot and Michael Neuvirth who can't stay healthy unfortunately.

Last edited:

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I look at it like this from a Flyers fan perspective, which is mainly why I've made so many proposals.

- We don't have a goalie right now to make a run. Don't give me bs about Elliott and Neuvirth.
- Just because we are told Carter Hart is so promising, we don't know when Hextall will even allow him up to the big club. With his history, it could be 3 years from now no matter how much he lights it up.

So I can't really sit here and agree that the Flyers are closer to contention than anybody.

Toronto now has Tavares.
Pittsburgh still exists
Tampa Bay
Boston
Columbus

Are we really ready to beat any of these teams in a best of 7 when we have Andrew MacDonald taking up 5million for the next two years?

If you honestly believe we are ready to compete for the big dance, then you have more faith than I do.

I'd personally rather free up 8+ milliin for Free agency in the next 2 years when Hart is ready than believe we can win with a one-two punch of friggin Brian Elliot and Michael Neuvirth who can't stay healthy unfortunately.
Forgot to add the Caps. Also Simmonds could move up a line and potentially be moved at the deadline if he isn't re-signed. The Flyers would have over $40 million to spend next offseason. Lehtera, Weal, and Raffl come off the books as well as Elliott and Neuvirth. They have rookies that could replace the position players leaving. Hart should be up by then. Only players to re-sign are Konecny, Provorov, and Laughton.

They'd have 2 1st and could trade their 1st for someone and might have another if Simmonds is moved. Going into the offseason with potentially 3 1sts (1 possibly top 3) and over $40 million with a good prospect pool with Hart coming or close to come up. I'd risk it.

deftones1986

Jul 7, 2011
Forgot to add the Caps. Also Simmonds could move up a line and potentially be moved at the deadline if he isn't re-signed. The Flyers would have over $40 million to spend next offseason. Lehtera, Weal, and Raffl come off the books as well as Elliott and Neuvirth. They have rookies that could replace the position players leaving. Hart should be up by then. Only players to re-sign are Konecny, Provorov, and Laughton.

They'd have 2 1st and could trade their 1st for someone and might have another if Simmonds is moved. Going into the offseason with potentially 3 1sts (1 possibly top 3) and over $40 million with a good prospect pool with Hart coming or close to come up. I'd risk it.

I thought about it, but I'm not sure how they will pan out without Trotz there, and Grubauer no longer there as a comfort. Ovechkin is certainly scary, but as a team overall I'm losing sleep over the Penguins and Tampa more than Washington.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Not a chance i do this from a Philly perspective. There's no guarantee the ottowa pick is jack hughes and no insurance in case jack hughes doesn't become better than voracek

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
The Avs would strongly consider it. I would prefer Karlsson, but Voracek is no slouch. Tough part is bringing in someone who is making more than MacKinnon but likely not producing as much. On the forward side, that is a tough sell. Which is why again, please bring in Karlsson for whatever amount he wants.

Reactions: Weast

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
It’s fair value but neither team would do it for stated reasons. Ottawa will be significantly worse without Karlsson and that pick is gold plated at this point. Voracek is a fully fleshed out version of a guy we already have in Rantanen who is almost as good and currently more affordable.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Voracek has an ugly contract and 28 years old.

The age is just outside the timeline the AVs become competitive in another 2-3 years. Contract is simply too long. Sens pick is highly likely Top 10, 1st OA is a good possibility. AVs are better to keep the selection and take their chances on the draft.

Reactions: klozge

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Voracek has an ugly contract and 28 years old.
So what should a top 15 point getter over the last 4 years be getting in a contract? He gets 8.25 million.

The 52nd leading scorer the last 4 years, Couture, just got 8x8 and is older that Voracek.

The 152 leading scorer the last 4 years, Kane, just got 7x7 and is 1 year younger than Voracek.

At least with Voracek, he has the ability to post the 80+ point seasons. These guys are 40-60 point guys. Now Jake might not fit the AVs pay structure or the right age for your re-build and that is fine. But to say his contract is ugly is just wrong in today's NHL.

Interesting, 15th in points the last 4 years, 15th in cap hit hit entering this season. Seems like he is actually paid perfectly.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
So what should a top 15 point getter over the last 4 years be getting in a contract? He gets 8.25 million.

The 52nd leading scorer the last 4 years, Couture, just got 8x8 and is older that Voracek.

The 152 leading scorer the last 4 years, Kane, just got 7x7 and is 1 year younger than Voracek.

At least with Voracek, he has the ability to post the 80+ point seasons. These guys are 40-60 point guys. Now Jake might not fit the AVs pay structure or Thorpe right age for your re-build and that is fine. But to say his contract is ugly is just wrong in today's NHL.

That 52nd leading scorer is over ppg in playoffs since the last lockout and has a 30 point playoff campaign. As for Kane, that is a moronic contract.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad