Voracek & #8 rather than JJ?

redsfanhere*

Jun 9, 2011
I don't know but voracek leads philly in goals and assist for 22 points. 7 goals and 15 assist.
Ide say he has done well for his team.only his 2nd yr with them. can't put into words why players seem to thrive after leaving columbus.I don't know if it's poor development or he just
needed another yr for that,and it becomes a bad trade for our x gm.either way his game has certainly became relevant to them and now they reep the rewards.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't know but voracek leads philly in goals and assist for 22 points. 7 goals and 15 assist.
Ide say he has done well for his team.only his 2nd yr with them. can't put into words why players seem to thrive after leaving columbus.I don't know if it's poor development or he just
needed another yr for that,and it becomes a bad trade for our x gm.either way his game has certainly became relevant to them and now they reep the rewards.

I think the issue with Jake is that he now is playing with guys who can finish. I'm guessing he wouldn't have 15 assists in Columbus.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
IMO, it shows that most of the time the environment you bring a young player into is just as important as how good they are. You need to have the right attitude, work ethic, etc.... on your team for a young player to improve. I think that has been our biggest problem. You need players having a certain level of professionalism and work ethic and demanding it from the young players.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
IMO, it shows that most of the time the environment you bring a young player into is just as important as how good they are. You need to have the right attitude, work ethic, etc.... on your team for a young player to improve. I think that has been our biggest problem. You need players having a certain level of professionalism and work ethic and demanding it from the young players.

exactly. You want your young rookies and kids coming into the locker room, almost intimidated and nervous. You want them to know from day one this isn't a walk through the park, and if they want playing time they have to earn every single second of it. We need top players in top positions so that players know, "if I want that spot I have to take it from so-and-so". Not "well no one really plays the same every night so if I just make a good play or two ill take that spot"

CincyHatTrick

Jun 26, 2006
Cincy
RDriesenUD & slightlystewpid420 made two excellent points that I was going to post up(as I do not post on the site often).

To add to that point, the differences can between how successful a player can be for a team depends on the cast around him. How many players have been "superstars" on other teams, leave via FA, only to come back down to earth with their new teams(ie: Drury and in a way Brier).

Voracek is a good player, but I don't think it hurts him to be on a Flyers team to that has other players that the opposing team needs to respect. The inverse of that is to be the skilled player on a limited team, you get more of the attention than your cast mates.

End of the day, while it was a loss on the trade with Philly, they were able to salvage it by getting JJ and the pick. Sure, if you do it straight up it might not match up...but at the same time, those are not the circumstances in this case.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Voracek is a good player, but I don't think it hurts him to be on a Flyers team to that has other players that the opposing team needs to respect. The inverse of that is to be the skilled player on a limited team, you get more of the attention than your cast mates.

Do we think that Jake is going to continue to produce at a sub 15 minute PROD? That is Crosby production.

I'm not sure where we are going with this. Jake was more of a creative player and he's playing with guys that can put the puck in the net. That part is true. Watching a couple of games out of him, he looks like a more mature version of what we gave up. I said a long time ago, I would rather have given up Brass over Jake (even if Philly wouldn't have).

If you ask me if I would rather have JMFJ over Jake? I would rather have JMFJ over the Jake we gave up. Although I might rather have the Jake of 2015 and beyond.

I really don't want to dwell on this. It is over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad