Confirmed with Link: Volchenkov Suspended 4 games

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Anton Volchenkov Suspended Four Games

Just got an NHL Gamecenter alert on my phone. Four games for Volchy. Discuss!

Hockey Central ‏@SNHockeyCentral 9s
Volchenkov gets 4 games for elbowing Marchand

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
He's definitely ripe for a buy out. I could see Lou asking around about interest first, because that's what he does. But with a NTC, he's in control of his own destiny.

This probably is it for him as a New Jersey Devil.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Appropriate, and like others have said above, most likely his last game as a Devil.

Although with all the hate Volch has gotten, I feel bad for the guy. A ****ing warrior.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
It seemed like such a good signing at the time, too. Affordable and would only take him til he was 35, and I figured he'd be a fixture as on the top pair. Hard to believe a suspension in the final two weeks of a playoff chase would be welcomed by the fan base.

MattEvan

Feb 27, 2008
New York City
It seemed like such a good signing at the time, too. Affordable and would only take him til he was 35, and I figured he'd be a fixture as on the top pair. Hard to believe a suspension in the final two weeks of a playoff chase would be welcomed by the fan base.

Affordable?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey

Seriously, this times 1000.

This is why so many contracts are such a gamble. I'm honestly surprised by some of the lengthier ones that are given out around the league. You just can't predict what's going to happen year to year.

OpethNJD

loldevils
Jan 13, 2013
Vernon, Nj
Should've been suspended for the rest of the regular season, this team does not play like that and it puts a negative spotlight on us. Odds are he won't play anymore this year cause Lou will sit him when he gets back...boneheaded play and no call for it at all.

clmetsfan

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2007
Affordable?! Are you high?

Under the old CBA and cap, for someone who was expected to be a mainstay on the top pair, a $4.25M hit was absolutely affordable. And being high has nothing to do with it. :sarcasm:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I was thrilled when we signed him, I loved that move... But he's not the same player since his injury last year. Sad to say we've got to buy him out.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00