Injury Report: Vol. 5 (Updates in 1st Post) | Crosby, Sheary Out with Concussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Serious question.. Odds 50 vs 50. Will we ever see Chris Kunitz play in Penguins uniform again?

I say no.

I don't think he's ready to go by playoffs end. Even if he was, if we've made it that far I doubt coaches mess with the chemistry or lineup unless there were injuries.

Doubt he's resigned.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I say no.

I don't think he's ready to go by playoffs end. Even if he was, if we've made it that far I doubt coaches mess with the chemistry or lineup unless there were injuries.

Doubt he's resigned.

Yep hopefully. The biggest questionmark to me is messing with chemistry VS having a chance of playing Chris Kunitz.

Pick87your71Poison

Jul 3, 2008
The Burgh
If we do make it to the 2nd or 3rd round or something and then have a couple rough games and down in the series and Sully is looking to shake something up I could see Kunitz come in, but that's a long way off and not worth discussing/worrying about right now.

Mattpilf

Jun 28, 2016
I say no.

Doubt he's resigned.

I mean there's like 100% chance someone gets injured in the playoffs. I think we'll see him if we make it to the second round

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
No Murray on the ice yesterday. Jarry recalled. I give. Stop the train, I wanna get off.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No Murray on the ice yesterday. Jarry recalled. I give. Stop the train, I wanna get off.

Maybe they're just resting him so a repeat of last year doesn't happen. They should give Jarry one of the last 2 games, his play with WBS this year has made him deserve it.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Murray's injured...I just know it. I can feel it in the pit of my stomach.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
Murray's injured...I just know it. I can feel it in the pit of my stomach.

Have a small glass of beer to calm down Seal

wnd_0fd496076533adf3a5a277c7a84a01f0.jpg

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
i dunno. Murray's reaction last game after that one goal, that was a little mini stretch I know well. He could've tweaked something. I don't have a vid of it but I remember it pretty clearly as he leaned forward afterwards and moved his leg while on the ice, as if to test it to see if it was ok.

If murray is not 100% solid for us in the playoffs we are done....
hopefully he's fine and they are just resting him, but if that where the case he'd be on the bench with Fleury starting, not Jarry.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver

If Sully is telling the truth and nothing is wrong with Murr , I like the idea of him staying off the ice completely and just taking a mental break in preparation for what we hope is a deep playoff run.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
i dunno. Murray's reaction last game after that one goal, that was a little mini stretch I know well. He could've tweaked something. I don't have a vid of it but I remember it pretty clearly as he leaned forward afterwards and moved his leg while on the ice, as if to test it to see if it was ok.

If murray is not 100% solid for us in the playoffs we are done....
hopefully he's fine and they are just resting him, but if that where the case he'd be on the bench with Fleury starting, not Jarry.

If they want Murray to have a break and Fleury got injured he wouldn't get one. It's good for Jarry to get some exposure to the big club even if he doesn't play.

Who knows though. They'd never tell.

CBC reported he's back it Pitt. Not injured!!! :)

Last edited:

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY

If Sully is telling the truth and nothing is wrong with Murr , I like the idea of him staying off the ice completely and just taking a mental break in preparation for what we hope is a deep playoff run.

Makes me feel a little better. Hope he's being truthful.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I like how Ruhwedel is at a point on this team where he is a guy you rest for the playoffs. Doesn't bode well for Maatta.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
???

Maatta is playing on the top pair with Dumoulin when the playoffs start.

I think more likely Maatta's playing on the bottom pairing with Hainsey. It is interesting that Ruhwedel looks to have usurped Streit.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If Kunitz is able to play I have no doubt that he will play. It would be nice to never see him play again for the pens. He's one of the last useless Shero reign of terror players left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad