Injury Report: Vol. 4 (Updates in First Post) | Geno Says He's a Game-Time Decision for Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
PLAYER |TYPE OF INJURY|REPORTED|RECOVERY TIME|POSSIBLE RETURN|STATUS|UPDATED|SOURCE
Kevin Porter | Lower Body | 03.03.16 | 12 Weeks | 05.27 | Had ankle surgery | 03.03.16 | @penguins
Evgeni Malkin | Upper Body | 03.12.16 | Day to Day | Unknown | Joined team for optional skate, no change in status | 04.14.16 | @BWest_Trib
Scott Wilson | Lower Body | 03.15.16 | Unknown | Unknown | Will require surgery | 03.17.16 | @penguins
Brian Rust | Lower Body | 03.30.16 | Day to Day | Unknown | Joined team for optional skate, no change in status | 04.14.16 | @BWest_Trib
Marc-Andre Fleury | Concussion | 04.01.16 | Unknown | Unknown | Progressing, not ready to return | 04.14.16 | @PensInsideScoop
Beau Bennett | Upper Body | 04.07.16 | Day to Day | Unknown | Joined team for optional skate, no change in status | 04.14.16 | @BWest_Trib
Matt Murray | Upper Body | 04.11.16 | Day to Day | Unknown | Worked with Bales prior to skate | 04.14.16 | @renlavoietva

Previous injury thread is here
This year, we're going to keep track of all the injuries using this spreadsheet. There are two tabs at the bottom of the page, one for the regular season and another for the playoffs.

« 04.15.16 | Practice @ UPMC66 »

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Goes without saying I guess but I hope this doesn't become like a thing with Fleury. Though I guess getting hit in the noggin with pucks isn't super common even for a goalie.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Neal kneed him in the head.

Fleury was in goal for the Penguins' 5-2 win against Nashville on Thursday night but it is not known when exactly the injury took place, but he did get hit in the mask by a James Neal shot that knocked his helmet loose just before Neal scored his 31st goal of the season.

The concerning thing for the Penguins, other than the timing and the fact it involves their starting goalie, is that it is the second time this season Fleury has been sidelined due to a concussion after also missing time in December to one.

Mentions a shot, not a knee.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
A friend just asked me this and I said I doubt it but...is it possible that this Fleury concussion is just BS code for "let's rest him up???"

I mean that Neal shot could give our org an alibi. I just hope that they wouldn't be that deviously stupid.

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
We have a Fleury replacement. We do not have a Letang replacement. He's the most important player on the team along with Sid. If he's out, our playoff chances are minimal.

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
A friend just asked me this and I said I doubt it but...is it possible that this Fleury concussion is just BS code for "let's rest him up???"

I mean that Neal shot could give our org an alibi. I just hope that they wouldn't be that deviously stupid.

I mean he finished the game and only went to the rink the next day a d wasn't feeling well. I'm sure they are being overly cautious but they wouldn't make something up to rest him, it's not the all-star break.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I doubt Fleury ends up anything major, might have a bit of a sore neck but yeah, they're not going to risk it at this time of year if he feels off. Especially when we have Murray. Give him a few extra days to get ready for a playoff run. Surprised to see Dumo back actually. Would he have had time for a broken nose to heal enough to be not wearing a cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad