Confirmed with Link: Vlasic signed, joining Hawks

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Makes sense. He's done 3 years in college, which is the sweet spot.

But he has a lot to prove. He's not as good as someone like Brandon Carlo.

Kelley and Stanley embarrassingly admitted they had him ranked as a 1st rounder, and they picked him way higher than he should have gone, passing on better players in the process.

Vlasic has to live up to that now.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Saw an article about him not to long ago about finally feeling like he was using his size and body to be physical properly this season

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Makes sense. He's done 3 years in college, which is the sweet spot.

But he has a lot to prove. He's not as good as someone like Brandon Carlo.

Kelley and Stanley embarrassingly admitted they had him ranked as a 1st rounder, and they picked him way higher than he should have gone, passing on better players in the process.

Vlasic has to live up to that now.
Sunk cost.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
He's got a guy like Seth Jones and even Connor Murphy to help guide him in some aspects who are also bigger guys. He can learn quite a bit with those guys as well as other players in the league on the bench and with video. Hawks must really like how he's developing to bypass him from Rockford.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
He's got a guy like Seth Jones and even Connor Murphy to help guide him in some aspects who are also bigger guys. He can learn quite a bit with those guys as well as other players in the league on the bench and with video. Hawks must really like how he's developing to bypass him from Rockford.
He very well could end up on Ice Hogs before the end of the year.

Last edited:

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
He very well could end up on Ice Hogs before the end of the year.

I can very well see that too. Give him a cup of coffee at first then send him down. Still usually you see this later in the season with a college guy finishing up or they'll just go to Rockford first then get a cup of coffee the last couple games. The fact that it's happening in March is interesting.

Fingers and Toews

PIKA PIKA PIKACHU
Sep 21, 2020
Chicago
I can very well see that too. Give him a cup of coffee at first then send him down. Still usually you see this later in the season with a college guy finishing up or they'll just go to Rockford first then get a cup of coffee the last couple games. The fact that it's happening in March is interesting.
This is usually the time when the NCAA/Junior guys get signed and come over. It just feels earlier because the schedule ends later this year because of the Olympic break that never happened.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
A nickname could go beyond pickels, with that height too, call him Stork

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
They lost Murphy and hopefully Gus and CdH are on the way out shortly.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Curious that he signed now instead of waiting till Boston U.Terriers season was finished...They list 3-1to Connecticut in an upset I the Hockey East Quarterfinal but will be in the mix at a Regional in the plaudits towards the Frozen Four.

So why did he quit on his team before they even finished the season?

Yes signing nkw burns a year off hisx3 yr ELC but only if hevojays in 9 games before Hawks season over.

Could tge Hawks have guaranteed him he would pkay enough to burn thatc1st year and not slide the vontract..Mayvecrhey coujd not have enough gMescto give him if Boston lasted to the FrozenFoyr Final?

So he quits on his to potentially wait 1 season less till he gets to ufa eventually?

Otherwise I do not know why he signed so soon...if he does not pkay the 9 goes then it has to be for other reasons....could a signing bonus and prograting of remainder of 1st yr. of the contract been needed by hom Now diecto some famiky financial crisis?

Because ...normal pkayers do not quit their college teMs if said team still can get to the FrozenFour.

I could understand tbis if Boston U. had completed their season...but that is not true yet.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
They lost Murphy and hopefully Gus and CdH are on the way out shortly.
Vlasic is a left shot defenseman not right shot and he's played strictly on the left side in college. The other two well we'll see. Stillman is still around as well. I'm actually more surprised Galvas hasn't been given more of a look out of all the Rockford guys that have bounced back and forth. I've liked his game.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Vlasic is a left shot defenseman not right shot and he's played strictly on the left side in college. The other two well we'll see. Stillman is still around as well. I'm actually more surprised Galvas hasn't been given more of a look out of all the Rockford guys that have bounced back and forth. I've liked his game.
Still need bodies regardless of handedness. And agreed, I think Galvas has been our best young defenseman this year by a considerable amount.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Here come the GIANTS!!!

Attachments

• 86F6AE42-AE5B-493D-A1BB-8E36D74617E7.png
    86F6AE42-AE5B-493D-A1BB-8E36D74617E7.png
    292.2 KB · Views: 22
  • AD7043F6-1CA5-4ECD-A64B-D5D11D993B2C.png
    AD7043F6-1CA5-4ECD-A64B-D5D11D993B2C.png
    283 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Clownish

Ad