Value of: Vlad Tarasenko

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Still probably the easiest to trade if they need to clear cap to sign AP. They did well without him and other candidates have NMC/NTC.
In a world where teams are having $ issues... dealing for a guy who makes $7.5m and who has a very uncertain future seems pretty unlikely.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Since tanks 7.5M will be on LTIR for at least the next 5 months, how much cap space do the blues have to clear sign peit to an 8M extension that allows them to accrue enough cap for when he returns?

Figure petro wants 9 mil he makes 6.5 currently so he needs 2.5 for an increase. Tarasenko will be out for about 5 months after surgery till he will be re-evaluated. So from the point of surgery I bet he will be out for at least 6months at least half to 3/4 of the season so he will use up 3.75 to 5.5 mil of ltir. So since nhl teams can be 10% over the cap until the beginning of the season when ltir kicks in. Blues don't need to shed salary. Give petro 2.5 and give dunn 1 year 1.25 raise till next season when steen allen and bozak (15mil) is off the books. Easy peasy lemon squeezey

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Nobody will do it this offseason.

Now, come next offseason I would definitely listen to offers.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Boston or Edmonton desperately need a Tarasenko type player on their team.
Both teams don’t have the cap room for that contract though.

I would love to have a true trigger man like Tarasenko on the Oil.

I wonder if this shoulder issue... even once healed... could have a huge impact on the effectiveness of his shot. ?

I don’t think the Oil could ever take that chance... too much risk for me.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Still probably the easiest to trade if they need to clear cap to sign AP. They did well without him and other candidates have NMC/NTC.
No one will want him with his shoulder in question. Not that hard to understand. Walk to the board and answer 2 + 2 for me. If you bat around why someone should trade for him again you’d probably answer that question wrong.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
His career could be over. I doubt the Blues trade him right now, A) out of respect for him and what he has done for the franchise and community, (See Ari Dougan), and B), I doubt any team would be interested until he is healed and re-evaluated.

Last edited:

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Both teams don’t have the cap room for that contract though.

I would love to have a true trigger man like Tarasenko on the Oil.

I wonder if this shoulder issue... even once healed... could have a huge impact on the effectiveness of his shot. ?

I don’t think the Oil could ever take that chance... too much risk for me.
The Oilers are the first team I thought of (before the news about Tarasenko's shoulder) that could take a chance on him if they decide they need to re-sign Pietrangelo and maybe even retool a bit.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I think there are a lot of GMs who would give him a shot and even trade a good piece or two to get him even now. He is that talented.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Figure petro wants 9 mil he makes 6.5 currently so he needs 2.5 for an increase. Tarasenko will be out for about 5 months after surgery till he will be re-evaluated. So from the point of surgery I bet he will be out for at least 6months at least half to 3/4 of the season so he will use up 3.75 to 5.5 mil of ltir. So since nhl teams can be 10% over the cap until the beginning of the season when ltir kicks in. Blues don't need to shed salary. Give petro 2.5 and give dunn 1 year 1.25 raise till next season when steen allen and bozak (15mil) is off the books. Easy peasy lemon squeezey
First, that’s not the way LTIR works. Second, you don’t account for increases to Schenn and Faulk already scheduled for next year. Blues need to clear about $8-9mm to ink Petro and be able to activate Tank when he is healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad