OT: VL4ever - The Vinny Lecavalier Thread

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Thank you Vincent Lecavalier if this is truly it ? was glad Tampa drafted you in 1998 and it was the greatest moment in Lightning history when you lifted that Stanley cup! I hope mr vinik retires your number ⚡⚡⚡⚡️4

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i think like todd he comes back works with feaster and andy on community projects for hockey

i would be ok if they added him to coaching staff and he worked on solely the power play daily with everyone after this season lol

also does anyone have information on chris yzerman?

guess maybe stevies brother is a writer lives in ottawa i believe is a scout for us for qmjhl?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Get this man his own suite at Amalie for the rest of the playoffs. Would love to have him back in the organization/community.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Still the only name I've ever had on the back of a jersey. That will likely change in the next year or two, but he will forever be one of my favorites.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Get this man his own suite at Amalie for the rest of the playoffs. Would love to have him back in the organization/community.

If Vinny is truly done then he'll likely pop up somewhere during one of the games and the arena will spontaneously erupt in applause. It'll be a nice moment we can look forward to

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Still the only name I've ever had on the back of a jersey. That will likely change in the next year or two, but he will forever be one of my favorites.

i only met vinny one time but his support of all childrens which i support and his poker thing were cool to me always wanted to play that with him and the others:) so hopefully brings that back

a very nice guy to me

Meuracas

Nov 2, 2013
Thanks VL4 - you made me a Bolts fan. Sad to see him fade so quickly, here's to hoping he returns to the Lightning in some role that suits him while also serving the organisation.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
i think like todd he comes back works with feaster and andy on community projects for hockey

i would be ok if they added him to coaching staff and he worked on solely the power play daily with everyone after this season lol

also does anyone have information on chris yzerman?

guess maybe stevies brother is a writer lives in ottawa i believe is a scout for us for qmjhl?

I think yes vinik wants him working in youth hockey due to kids and people really know him well in the area. Viniks all about growing youth hockey in Tampa and vinny would be perfect for that! Going to schools talking kids would love vinny doing that. Plus has 3 young kids and a wife I don't think he wants to coach scout or travel much.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
oh man sooo close to 1000 points! That sucks he's being kind of forced into retiring. Would be so cool if he could retire and come back sign with the Lightning and resurrect as a solid 3rd line center for us ( I can dream right?:cry::cry:)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
My guess is we'll see Vinny as some sort of face of the organization, either on television or with local events etc. He'll probably take a full year off though.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Man, I completely forgot about this. I was glad to see Marty retire after what happened, but not Vinny. I wish we didn't push him out. Best of luck Vinny, I hope that you find your way back to the organization.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Would be so cool if he could retire and come back sign with the Lightning and resurrect as a solid 3rd line center for us ( I can dream right?:cry::cry:)

This sort of thing never seems to work out in practice, but I've thought about it too. It's doubtful that he could keep his performance level with the Kings going for a full season (especially at a year older), but if he could he'd be a vast improvement over Filppula offensively for less than half the price. We could move Filppula and get the Kings to trade us Vinny for meaningless future considerations. Vinny gives us a year on the third line and then retires when we need to resign everybody the following year. It'd never work in real life but it's fun to think about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad