Post-Game Talk: Viva Las Vegas 6PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
You are so a part of the “what have you done for me lately crowd”. Embarrassing.

I hope people in your life don’t measure you in the same manner. Or you’d be in trouble.

only time I see you post is to whine about the team when they lose a game. That’s it.
Why is that?

Maybe its because when the team is actually playing well.. its fun and people are upbeat, relaxed and enjoying things.. but when they are playing like crap like this for an extended period of time.. people need to vent. I will rarely even check the boards if caps are winning.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
You are so a part of the “what have you done for me lately crowd”. Embarrassing.

Yea far be it for a fan to care about the team and making it better for another SC. You go ahead and keep watching the 2018 highlights on replay and living in the past.

I hope people in your life don’t measure you in the same manner. Or you’d be in trouble.

you're comparing a game to life? ROFL....

only time I see you post is to whine about the team when they lose a game. That’s it.
Why is that?

Only time I see you post is when someone is critical of the trash coaching staff... why is that?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Kuznetsov injury is hurting the team. They suck since he is out. Need to callup a decent C.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I took a lot of heat for it the other day.. but no way the 17-18 caps had this bad of a stretch in the heart of the season.

They were 9-9-4 over two months from mid-Jan to mid-March that season. If we go back two months from now, this year's team has been 13-16 (soon to be 13-17), and that includes this month of February where they're 2-5. So, no, you'd be wrong -- they both had stretches that were pretty bad during the roughly the same time period. And Trotz was almost fired in November of 2017 after the team sleepwalked through the first two months of the season.

People seem to conveniently forget that that 2017-18 team was really uninspiring for most of the season until the last game of their California road trip. Following the game against the Sharks on March 10, they went 12-3-0 to finish the year.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I took a lot of heat for it the other day.. but no way the 17-18 caps had this bad of a stretch in the heart of the season.

Actually, yes they did. I had to go back and check because i recalled them struggling a bit in Feb

Went through a 13 game stretch where they won 5 games. 1 against lottery Ottawa team, 2 against last place Buffalo, 1 against Minny who they owned at the time and then that stadium game against the Leafs.

Lost 7-1 to the Hawks, 5-1 to Columbus, 4-0 to the Ducks etc.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
May is pointing out how the decision making is categorically horrible on both ends of the ice. So are they just deciding not to shoot or not to get pucks down low? Are they just deciding on defense behind the net not to just whack the puck around the boards instead of dinky passes to each other that are getting stolen? I mean either the players have completely tuned out the staff or they are doing what's instructed. It's one thing to go cold offensively but to completely fall apart systemically is another thing.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Ok so please enlighten me then. What are we supposed to do/say/feel about the play of this team? The caps have slumps every year but they haven't been this bad. Are we supposed to "oh don't worry boys get em next time!" this thing? Every night. Night in and night out? Really don't get ****ting on posters for not being satisfied with the direction and play of the team for the last few months.

I expect most adults to take a little longer view and realize that any path to success isn’t a straight line to the top, but rather littered with peaks and valleys. I’d expect an adult to not whine and complain at every valley and act like the sky is falling.

I mean, we all just went thru this in 17-18

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
They were 9-9-4 over two months from mid-Jan to mid-March that season. If we go back two months from now, this year's team has been 13-16 (soon to be 13-17), and that includes this month of February where they're 2-5. So, no, you'd be wrong -- they both had stretches that were pretty bad during the roughly the same time period. And Trotz was almost fired in November of 2017 after the team sleepwalked through the first two months of the season.

People seem to conveniently forget that that 2017-18 team was really uninspiring for most of the season until the last game of their California road trip. Following the game against the Sharks on March 10, they went 12-3-0 to finish the year.

ya - thanks for putting that together. tough to remember the bad times of that season.. but its hard not to be doom and gloom right now as its not an enjoyable product and its dragging on way too long.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Why not just fire the offensive coach, and hire Boudreau as offensive coach.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Yea far be it for a fan to care about the team and making it better for another SC. You go ahead and keep watching the 2018 highlights on replay and living in the past.

you're comparing a game to life? ROFL....

Only time I see you post is when someone is critical of the trash coaching staff... why is that?

you must not read the board much then. I will just leave it at that.

enjoy howling at the moon then man. I’ve made my stance evident. See you on the other side

Reactions: Heath

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
I expect most adults to take a little longer view and realize that any path to success isn’t a straight line to the top, but rather littered with peaks and valleys. I’d expect an adult to not whine and complain at every valley and act like the sky is falling.

I mean, we all just went thru this in 17-18

I'd expect a lot adults who use sports as a way to unplug from their real life and invest time into a team to be critical when that team can't adjust and put a consistent effort forward. Sports are a way to unplug and get out of the normal expectations of life.

2017-18 was fun but i'm not gonna hang my hat on this team's success because they were able to turn it around a couple years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad