#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
FhyuVRy.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Lindgren

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Content of this Russian interview a complete mystery......but if there are posters out there with a knowledge of Russian; or have sort of translation device on their computer, it would be interesting to know exactly what was said.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Content of this Russian interview a complete mystery......but if there are posters out there with a knowledge of Russian; or have sort of translation device on their computer, it would be interesting to know exactly what was said.
At 6:52 he says he expects to play on a line with Pettersson and predicts that he'll be better than Fedor Federov. But my Russian is kind of rusty.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
At 6:52 he says he expects to play on a line with Pettersson and predicts that he'll be better than Fedor Federov. But my Russian is kind of rusty.
I think right before that, he says that he understands his KHL stats aren't necessarily fantastic, but that it has mostly been due to the amount of time he spends posting on HFBoards.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Using YT's auto translate and skimming through it mostly seems to be a look back at how he got into hockey and how exciting it was when he was drafted.

Reactions: Lindgren

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

I think right before that, he says that he understands his KHL stats aren't necessarily fantastic, but that it has mostly been due to the amount of time he spends posting on HFBoards.

Thanks for the Russian translation.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If he was so 'excited' when he got drafted by an NHL team, it's hard to fathom why he's back in the KHL. But sounds to me like he's interested in returning to NA as soon as possible.

And why not? Russia is not a 'happy kingdom' at the moment.....and their puck teams are still banned from international tournaments.

Kravtsov didn't show much at the end of last season with the Canucks......but former top-10 draft picks always have some currency, even if it's on the trade market for another struggling prospect.

Reactions: ChilliBilly

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I think the Canucks pretty well knew what they were getting in Kravtsov. A former ninth overall pick, who had flatlined in terms of his confidence.

The Rangers had basically packed it in with him--flipping him to the Canucks for Will Lockwood and a 7th round pick. Nothing against Lockwood, who's bounced around the league since, but that trade for the Rangers was the equivalent of acquiring an extra bag of pucks.

Canucks auditioned him late last season, and then decided that a year or two in the KHL, is probably what he needed. So there's a still a chance that he returns to NA rejuvenated, and realizes his top-10 draft talent.

But considering what they gave up to acquire him, it was 'no harm, no foul'. Benning would probably have coughed up a second round draft pick for him.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I think the Canucks pretty well knew what they were getting in Kravtsov. A former ninth overall pick, who had flatlined in terms of his confidence.

The Rangers had basically packed it in with him--flipping him to the Canucks for Will Lockwood and a 7th round pick. Nothing against Lockwood, who's bounced around the league since, but that trade for the Rangers was the equivalent of acquiring an extra bag of pucks.

Canucks auditioned him late last season, and then decided that a year or two in the KHL, is probably what he needed. So there's a still a chance that he returns to NA rejuvenated, and realizes his top-10 draft talent.

But considering what they gave up to acquire him, it was 'no harm, no foul'. Benning would probably have coughed up a second round draft pick for him.

Before he signed in Russia, the Canucks - I forget if it was Allvin or Tocchet - were talking about how important his offseason was going to be, and how it was on him to come into camp proving that he wanted to be an NHL player.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad