Pre-Game Talk: Visually we are playing a game vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Nikitin is the best defenseman we have who was an NHL defenseman in the Olympics until Schultz wins the Norris.

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
Visually, we're playing a game against the Sharks. But there isn't any tangible evidence of that, and that's what's so difficult for everybody to swallow. In particular the fans, the faithful fans who flock to Rexall Place night in and night out, hoping to see a game against the Sharks. But there hasn't been a game against the Sharks.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Visually, we're looking at continued accountability progression and evolution, especially in regards to our coach

oilers_guy_eddie

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS!?
Feb 27, 2002
This is Oil Country!
Visit site
Visually, the losing streak is reaching the size where it's becoming a league-wide story. I am hoping for it to continue against the Sharks and Ducks over the next 4 games. If losing is the only way change can happen, I want more losses.

Visually, I'll be looking for signs that Daryl Katz is as angry as MacTavish says he is. A red face, veins bulging on his forehead, steam coming out of his ears, throwing stuff around inside the press-box, yelling, and choking somebody would all be good visual signs that Mr Katz is furious.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Visually I think we might beat the sharks.... I dunno.... Call it a Christmas miracle

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Visually I can see where this game is headed. Total obliteration.

Jun 9, 2011
Visually I think we might beat the sharks.... I dunno.... Call it a Christmas miracle
Oil seem to elevate their game against stronger teams. They could put 2 in the W column. Err insert visually in there somewhere.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
This losing streak has grown to the point now where the others teams in the league don't want to be the team the Oilers beat to break it.

Did you see how excited/relieved the Jets were to win that game in OT???

"Thank God WE didn't lose to the **** show Oilers!!"

On to you Sharks and Ducks.

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
We win back to back against the Sharks and McLelland is fired. Oilers hire him the next day. #Boldmoves #Visually

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
This losing streak has grown to the point now where the others teams in the league don't want to be the team the Oilers beat to break it.

Did you see how excited/relieved the Jets were to win that game in OT???

"Thank God WE didn't lose to the **** show Oilers!!"

On to you Sharks and Ducks.

Yep... it's going to be a mark of shame to finally be the team this inept squad beats to break this string of ineptitude.

They have lost 11 in a row and yet MacT is clinging to any far fetched bit of rationalization to make that appear less crappy... like the fact 8 of those losses have been by one goal. Point of hockey though is to WIN games... not lose by 1 goal and call it a moral victory.

Obviously if you lose every game by one goal and you are -82 in goals differential at the end of the season... you're still a very crappy team. MacT is simply trying to spin anything he can to make it look better. IE... rolling a turd in glitter.

Truth is the team has won 2 of their last 17 games. They've been beaten by 2+ goals 10 times already this season while beating their opponents only 3 times by 2+ goals.

Last season they were beaten 34 times by 2+ goals while having 15 2+ goal victories.

They are clearly regressing from last season and that wasn't a very high bar to compare to in the first place.

Visually... it's clear that MacT needs new glasses because it's clear to everyone else watching that there is no improvement in this team.

TheGuyInTheChair

Sep 21, 2014
"Visually, I look really good!", Dallas confidently says to his reflection in the mirror before heading out to the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad