Injury Report: Visnovsky back spasms (day to day)

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I feel the love, thanks guys ! But I have to humbly disagree with you Blink, I don't think his time out of the lineup was the reason we missed the playoffs. Actually, offensively Amac had his best season when he took over as PP QB. I hate Amac's defense, but he did well on the PP. I think we can get by with de Haan and Pulock running the point, and I think they signed Brennan to run the pp as well.

The big losses last year were because of 2 injuries, Nabby missed a month of games, and the Isles didn't have solid depth at goalie. Also, Amac hurt us defensively. This team played A LOT better defensively once Amac left. IF we lose Vis but add Reinhart and Pulock, we should be ok, in fact, if Reinhart replaces Strait and Pulock replaces Carkner, the defensive side of things should be better.

Oh, I definitely don't think Vis going down was the reason we bombed. There were a bunch of different factors that contributed to that. I just think that with so much of this year's success riding on the development of our young D, expecting them to help carry the defense out of the gate would be playing with fire. We need Vis around, at least for a good portion of the year, so he can eat up some minutes while these guys find their way. Once a month or two go by, I'll feel a lot better about Reinhart and Pulock being top-4 minute eaters than I would right now(although I do think Reinhart is capable of it - would just prefer he start out on the 3rd if possible).

scott99

May 13, 2005
Who doesn't, when you think about it?

I look forward to the Prospect Thread this year:

*Dal Colle has a great week*
Scott: "This guy is legit. Future franchise LW. I think we found our Taylor Hall."
*Dal Colle follows it up with a bad week*
Scott: "I knew this guy couldn't hack it. Snow is such an idiot. Look at Nick Ritchie, the guy I wanted all along, just had a monster week... we really blew this opportunity."
*Dal Colle follows that up with a great week*
Scott: "This guy is the future."
*Dal Colle follows that up with a bad week*
Scott: "SNOWWWW!!!!!! Buchnevich!!!"

tearing-your-hair-out.jpg

Rinse and repeat. The roller coaster ride he had with Pulock last year was legendary... best thread in the world. DON'T LET ME DOWN THIS YEAR SCOTT!!!

Love it ! lol.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Love it ! lol.

I haven't been around much so I forgot to ask you, where are you currently in regards to Pulock? I know you had some big expectations for him last year. I think you said you were expecting at least a PPG season, which he just barely missed, but has your opinion changed at all based on the camp he's had thus far?

I can't remember if you ended last season on him hot or cold.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I haven't been around much so I forgot to ask you, where are you currently in regards to Pulock? I know you had some big expectations for him last year. I think you said you were expecting at least a PPG season, which he just barely missed, but has your opinion changed at all based on the camp he's had thus far?

I can't remember if you ended last season on him hot or cold.

Big Pulock fan. he seemed to be a bit inconsistent offensively with Brandon last year, but I really don't think he had much help. Either way, 23 goals for a junior defensemen is a pretty darned good number. Can't wait to see Puulock-Reinhart as a regular defensive pairing.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Big Pulock fan. he seemed to be a bit inconsistent offensively with Brandon last year, but I really don't think he had much help. Either way, 23 goals for a junior defensemen is a pretty darned good number. Can't wait to see Puulock-Reinhart as a regular defensive pairing.

+1. I'm guessing that we could end up seeing that pairing sooner than expected, depending on Visnovsky's health this year.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Everyone loves Scott, hockey fan, draft follower, prospect follower and an expert on good pizza.
The Loic Leduc rant a few years ago was a classic. :handclap:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
For a guy who probably didn't skate too much this summer, it's not surprising or concerning that he's having some tweaks.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Blink says the big " V " has put up 25 points in 59 games with NYI. That's it. 59 games.
Sure feels
Like he has been here a long time,but I guess with the injuries and the family issue
In Chechoslavania that's all it is. Really not much to count on. But to tie in the back spasms situation
To my post I suggest the big " V " take a little V ( the yellow ones are best ) and get back on the ice.
I take one in the morning so I can get through work, then one in the afternoon so I am able to stand up after the almost hour train ride home.

Oh by the way, Garth was seen today at chipotle with Radek martinek. Noooooooooppop!!!!
Kidding. For now

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Oh, I definitely don't think Vis going down was the reason we bombed. There were a bunch of different factors that contributed to that. I just think that with so much of this year's success riding on the development of our young D, expecting them to help carry the defense out of the gate would be playing with fire. We need Vis around, at least for a good portion of the year, so he can eat up some minutes while these guys find their way. Once a month or two go by, I'll feel a lot better about Reinhart and Pulock being top-4 minute eaters than I would right now(although I do think Reinhart is capable of it - would just prefer he start out on the 3rd if possible).

All you need to do is look at their record before and after he went down. The two months following Oct 18th they fell into a significant slump. It wasn't until CdH arrived that things buoyed a bit. His injury was not the only factor in a bad season, no doubt, but it was no lesser of an impact than the final torpedo in the side of the Lusitania.

Scott, he is the best defenseman on our blueline, boss. If and when he goes down if we do not have plan B our hopes for the post season will die as well.

BroadwayJay*

All you need to do is look at their record before and after he went down. The two months following Oct 18th they fell into a significant slump. It wasn't until CdH arrived that things buoyed a bit. His injury was not the only factor in a bad season, no doubt, but it was no lesser of an impact than the final torpedo in the side of the Lusitania.

Scott, he is the best defenseman on our blueline, boss. If and when he goes down if we do not have plan B our hopes for the post season will die as well.

Montreal waived Islander legend Joe Finley today. Problem solved.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Montreal waived Islander legend Joe Finley today. Problem solved.

Did we get him... in trade? I keep thinking he snuck onto the ice at practice one day and Cappy said, "Ooooooh, look how BIG he is. Someone ask him if he has battle level."

BroadwayJay*

Did we get him... in trade? I keep thinking he snuck onto the ice at practice one day and Cappy said, "Ooooooh, look how BIG he is. Someone ask him if he has battle level."

I've posted this before, but we'll do it again:

Cappy_Battle_Level_2.0.jpg

scott99

May 13, 2005
Everyone loves Scott, hockey fan, draft follower, prospect follower and an expert on good pizza.
The Loic Leduc rant a few years ago was a classic. :handclap:

Why thank you sir, I aim to please. Been complaining on Hockeysfuture Islander Messageboard since 1997.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Call me crazy, but I'd be happy with that. That gives one of Griff/Pulock 30-50 games to work their way up to 2nd pairing level, and it gives the other enough AHL time to warrant a call up.

Dude, you're crazy!:sarcasm:

I'm thinking we're gonna see Reinhart in a regular role by the end of the season.

IF Pulock also manages that feat (hopefully via the AHL), then all the better.

I actually think Church is gonna show himself to be a better overall option than Strait/Carkner for that #6 job as time passes.

When Vis is out, I'd like to see a bigger Dman with Hickey. I'm thinking of Carkner every once in a while and Reinhart more often.

nc1972

Jun 3, 2006
Back spasms

Blink says the big " V " has put up 25 points in 59 games with NYI. That's it. 59 games.
Sure feels
Like he has been here a long time,but I guess with the injuries and the family issue
In Chechoslavania that's all it is. Really not much to count on. But to tie in the back spasms situation
To my post I suggest the big " V " take a little V ( the yellow ones are best ) and get back on the ice.
I take one in the morning so I can get through work, then one in the afternoon so I am able to stand up after the almost hour train ride home.

Oh by the way, Garth was seen today at chipotle with Radek martinek. Noooooooooppop!!!!
Kidding. For now

"He goes running to the shelter of his Mother's little helper"

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Sure feels

Kidding. For now

"He goes running to the shelter of his Mother's little helper"

Love this post. Its all over the map and filled with anxiety and mixed expectations about the season.

Oh yes. Opening day is almost here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad