Injury Report: Visnovsky back spasms (day to day)

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Last edited:

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
if lubo is hurt, does this mean pulock now has the upper hand on Griff?...gives us that powerplay threat. also pulock looked solid at Barclays, just my opinions.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
Hopefully he's ok. If Vis could stay healthy enough, we're a playoff team, simple as that. Without him, it's going to be close.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
The better question would be, is Visnovsky possibly not hurt?

This said, I mean I think Snow 'n co. have been assuming Visnovsky is only gonna be able to play 30-50 games this season.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
The better question would be, is Visnovsky possibly not hurt?

This said, I mean I think Snow 'n co. have been assuming Visnovsky is only gonna be able to play 30-50 games this season.

Call me crazy, but I'd be happy with that. That gives one of Griff/Pulock 30-50 games to work their way up to 2nd pairing level, and it gives the other enough AHL time to warrant a call up.

fnfelon

Oct 12, 2013
Long Island
OMG, the season hasn't even begun and already with the let's trade Strome, let's trade this prospect, let's trade that prospect; please stop already. Let's all take a deep breath and step away from the edge. It's too early yet to panic; when Snow panics we get Vanek trades, that is something we all wish he had a mulligan for. Lubo had back spasms he will be alright. I want to get in the playoffs like everyone else. I want them to win a playoff round and advance deep into the playoffs like everyone else, but I don't want Snow to make trades unless he is stealing, or overwhelmed.

BroadwayJay*

OMG, the season hasn't even begun and already with the let's trade Strome, let's trade this prospect, let's trade that prospect; please stop already. Let's all take a deep breath and step away from the edge. It's too early yet to panic; when Snow panics we get Vanek trades, that is something we all wish he had a mulligan for. Lubo had back spasms he will be alright. I want to get in the playoffs like everyone else. I want them to win a playoff round and advance deep into the playoffs like everyone else, but I don't want Snow to make trades unless he is stealing, or overwhelmed.

You're under-reacting. Lets disband the franchise because of a day-to-day injury.

islesforlife

Dec 13, 2013
East Coast USA

I agree. We just need to trust in the team. Lubo will be back shortly. Back Spasms don't usually last long and we have 2 weeks til the season starts. Let's take a deep breath and wait for the season to start before we start panicking.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
I agree. We just need to trust in the team. Lubo will be back shortly. Back Spasms don't usually last long and we have 2 weeks til the season starts. Let's take a deep breath and wait for the season to start before we start panicking.

Because fatal flaws in Garth Snow teams are never predictable. :sarcasm:

crasherino

May 9, 2013

Woah...Where in this thread did you see that said? Seems like there are some pretty grounded reactions here ranging from "We need to add a vet" (not a crazy position) to "I hope our young'ins step up" (also not a crazy position). No one's trading Strome.

Aucoin3

Aug 9, 2005
Maybe the Baby Jesus gave Visnovsky backspasms as a warning for Garth to make a move.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Like I said in another thread, I don't think Visnovski would be that big of a loss. His offense has diminished to practically nothing, and is he a crafty defenseman defensively, sure, he's smart and experienced, but is he a difference maker ? If you're depending on a 38 year old oft injured defenseman to be a difference maker, you have problems. If he misses 50 games, c'est la vie. No big loss.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Like I said in another thread, I don't think Visnovski would be that big of a loss. His offense has diminished to practically nothing, and is he a crafty defenseman defensively, sure, he's smart and experienced, but is he a difference maker ? If you're depending on a 38 year old oft injured defenseman to be a difference maker, you have problems. If he misses 50 games, c'est la vie. No big loss.

Scott, I love you, but you have a habit of going to extremes. Practically no offense? So far during his tenure here, he's put up 25 points in 59 games, which paces out to 35 points per season. Not quite where he was at his peak, but on a team that lacks offense from the backend, 35 points is nothing to sneeze at. He's also been a consistent 20+ minute a game player for us, which again on a team full of youngsters is something that should be valued.

At worst, Visnovsky is a safety net that allows us to bring our young guys along at a steady pace. If he goes down early, it most likely means that we'll be throwing a guy like Reinhart or Pulock to the wolves. If that happens mid-season or later, there is a good chance that they'll be ready. If it happens a month in, things could get interesting.

Everyone here, whether you like Vis or not, should be hoping that he gives us at least 40 games. Anything less could put some players in a tough spot.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm not sure I would say Vis' offense has diminished, but I respect Scott's opinions.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I also love Scott, for the record.

Who doesn't, when you think about it?

I look forward to the Prospect Thread this year:

*Dal Colle has a great week*
Scott: "This guy is legit. Future franchise LW. I think we found our Taylor Hall."
*Dal Colle follows it up with a bad week*
Scott: "I knew this guy couldn't hack it. Snow is such an idiot. Look at Nick Ritchie, the guy I wanted all along, just had a monster week... we really blew this opportunity."
*Dal Colle follows that up with a great week*
Scott: "This guy is the future."
*Dal Colle follows that up with a bad week*
Scott: "SNOWWWW!!!!!! Buchnevich!!!"

tearing-your-hair-out.jpg

Rinse and repeat. The roller coaster ride he had with Pulock last year was legendary... best thread in the world. DON'T LET ME DOWN THIS YEAR SCOTT!!!

scott99

May 13, 2005
I feel the love, thanks guys ! But I have to humbly disagree with you Blink, I don't think his time out of the lineup was the reason we missed the playoffs. Actually, offensively Amac had his best season when he took over as PP QB. I hate Amac's defense, but he did well on the PP. I think we can get by with de Haan and Pulock running the point, and I think they signed Brennan to run the pp as well.

The big losses last year were because of 2 injuries, Nabby missed a month of games, and the Isles didn't have solid depth at goalie. Also, Amac hurt us defensively. This team played A LOT better defensively once Amac left. IF we lose Vis but add Reinhart and Pulock, we should be ok, in fact, if Reinhart replaces Strait and Pulock replaces Carkner, the defensive side of things should be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad