Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Oilers fan in peace (transplanted to Carolina). Couldn't make the Oilers game in November, but I love visiting NHL arenas and I'm hoping to see the game vs the Red Wings on March 26.

Are there any hotels by the arena that are Metro accessible? My plan is to come to DC on Amtrak on 3/25 and just backpack/take the Metro around town so that I'm not driving in DC traffic.

BTW, had the privilege of watching the Caps on a vacation to Anaheim several years ago. Ovi gave me my money's worth with 2G 2A in a 5-3 win; sorry to see him decline, but thankful for that special memory.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Oilers fan in peace (transplanted to Carolina). Couldn't make the Oilers game in November, but I love visiting NHL arenas and I'm hoping to see the game vs the Red Wings on March 26.

Are there any hotels by the arena that are Metro accessible? My plan is to come to DC on Amtrak on 3/25 and just backpack/take the Metro around town so that I'm not driving in DC traffic.

BTW, had the privilege of watching the Caps on a vacation to Anaheim several years ago. Ovi gave me my money's worth with 2G 2A in a 5-3 win; sorry to see him decline, but thankful for that special memory.
Plenty of options right around the Capital One. Rosslyn could be a good location since one could walk to GTown and is right on the orange line so could shoot into DC or along the Wilson Blvd/Clarendon stretch that has lots of restaurants and bars. Adams Morgan is one area in DC not really metro accessible.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

earthstone

Jan 5, 2016
Hey guys. Wasn't sure where to post this. But lookin for info on a game worn jersey. A friend of mine played 2 games for the capitals back in 03/04. The first game was his his first in the NHL. But it was give the fan jersey of his back night. Lookin to see if anyone knows where his jersey may have ended up. The guys name is the legendary Mel angelstad. #69. Maybe we could get it back to him. He's kinda deserving that jersey, thanks guys.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
Is DosToros good? I've been meaning to check it out for lunch one of my days downtown.

I couldn't tell if it was more 'District Taco' (before it sucked) or Moe's Southwest Grill.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

Talking the wife to Wednesdays game. She loves Old Ebbitt

Only reservation they have is for 4:30 ... we'll show up at 5 and see what happens I guess.

Might need to think of a cheap non reservation as a backup.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Talking the wife to Wednesdays game. She loves Old Ebbitt

Only reservation they have is for 4:30 ... we'll show up at 5 and see what happens I guess.

Might need to think of a cheap non reservation as a backup.
I work right next door, you should be fine at that time. Are you familiar with the area? If not I can throw you some recommendations.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I work right next door, you should be fine at that time. Are you familiar with the area? If not I can throw you some recommendations.

Yes, if you give 2 good walk up non-reservation options .. thats be awesome.

Im somewhat familiar w the current landscape from going to Caps games and concerts. I spent my youth shoulder tapping homeless ppl for 40s and doing graffiti in DC ...

Do you think we'd be able to snag some bar seats at OE around 5:30?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Yes, if you give 2 good walk up non-reservation options .. thats be awesome.

Im somewhat familiar w the current landscape from going to Caps games and concerts. I spent my youth shoulder tapping homeless ppl for 40s and doing graffiti in DC ...

Do you think we'd be able to snag some bar seats at OE around 5:30?
The Hamilton (600 14th St NW), The Smith (901 F St NW), and Succotash (915 F St NW) would be my recommendations but obviously check out the menu beforehand to make sure they're your style. Proper 21 (1319 F St NW) is an upscale(ish) sports bar if you're looking for something in that genre as well.

On a Wednesday, you'd probably be fine getting bar seats at OEG at 5:30. Maybe show up closer to 5:15p just to be sure. It's the first Caps home game in a while and the Leafs are in town so the crowd should be decent.

Let me know if you want me to go snag some bar seats for you, I work in the next building over :laugh:

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
I'd second the recommendation for The Smith, if you end up exploring those options. Haven't tried the other ones, but The Smith has some great food. Can be a bit pricey. I work 2 buildings over. ;)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'd second the recommendation for The Smith, if you end up exploring those options. Haven't tried the other ones, but The Smith has some great food. Can be a bit pricey. I work 2 buildings over. ;)
I was going for comps with OEG in terms of price but yeah, pretty much any place in DC can get pricey. I went to Cava in Chinatown last week and it was almost $20 for a standard bowl with no substitutions or extras and no drink. Any meal below $15 in DC seems like a good deal, and that’s just for fast casual lunch — it’s ridiculous.

Check out Succotash some time if you like comfort food. It’s southern food that doesn’t take like it’s actually giving you a heart attack.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Nice thanks yall ..

Succotash - been there before, I think I liked it

The Smith - never been there .. Im going to make a reservation there next game for sure. Looks like sit down and eat some awwesome dinner type place

IM actually eating lunch at my desk bc morning commitments went long so we arent going to do a sit down

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Nice thanks yall ..

Succotash - been there before, I think I liked it

The Smith - never been there .. Im going to make a reservation there next game for sure. Looks like sit down and eat some awwesome dinner type place

IM actually eating lunch at my desk bc morning commitments went long so we arent going to do a sit down
Whatd you end up eating tonight??

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Whatd you end up eating tonight??
Beer. I ended up eating beer.

My office is a few blocks from Silver Spring station so I like to get at least one beer from Silver Branch Brewery .. and then they had this great west coast IPA and this dry irish dark beer and then they were doing trivia so we just drank until 7 then high tailed it to the metro. Got there right on time for anthems and puck drop.

No dinner at all.

major headache today

lost my voice

i regret nothing

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Beer. I ended up eating beer.

My office is a few blocks from Silver Spring station so I like to get at least one beer from Silver Branch Brewery .. and then they had this great west coast IPA and this dry irish dark beer and then they were doing trivia so we just drank until 7 then high tailed it to the metro. Got there right on time for anthems and puck drop.

No dinner at all.

major headache today

lost my voice

i regret nothing
I get the distinct feeling that you and I would be good friends :laugh:

Beer is one my preferred dinners followed by a breakfast sandwich and some Tylenol in the morning.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
More hockey-watching wisdom from my dad, the late, great Dr. Marc...
  • First off, @Neil Racki, arriving when you did adheres to the mantra "ass hits seat when puck hits ice" so well done there.
  • Second, when dining on beer or any other adult beverage, be sure to enjoy a dessert of a tall glass of water and 2 ibuprophen to avoid consequences.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I've gotten to the point in my life where I need to start my beer dinners with an appetizer: a shot of Mylanta and a Pepcid.

Daikaya is still my pre-arena favorite spot -- the Izakaya is absurdly good and the ramen shop is excellent.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I've gotten to the point in my life where I need to start my beer dinners with an appetizer: a shot of Mylanta and a Pepcid.

Daikaya is still my pre-arena favorite spot -- the Izakaya is absurdly good and the ramen shop is excellent.
I need the definition of beer dinners to proceed in life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad