Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

arlcapsfan

Oct 3, 2015
You should definitely attend practice if possible. If you guys are foodies take the elevator down to the food court in the mall. Get a chicken sandwich from Hot LoLa’s, it’s the best in the city.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Sounds like an amazing trip, @PortageTerrier! I won't repeat some of the recommendations here but you'll find that there is way more to do in DC than time to do things. Walk around The National Mall and check out the WWII, Vietnam, and Korean War Memorials and check out the Washington Monument as well as the Jefferson and Lincoln Memorials. Renting paddle boats and riding around the China Basin is a nice tourist-y thing to do as well (weather permitting).

Looks like there is a 10:15a practice before the Jets game (prax schedule here) and they're open to the public but I would also follow Samantha Pell and Tarik El-Bashir on Twitter (if you're a Twitter guy) as they're the Caps' beat writers and always post relevant info about practice schedules, etc.

With a 14-year-old, you may also want to check out the International Spy Museum. It's not free like the Smithsonians but it's a really neat experience. It's about 2 miles from where you're staying and probably about 1.2-1.5 miles from Capital One Arena. If you're doing the Smithsonians, I rank them: 1. Natural History, 2. American History, 3. Air & Space. The Air & Space Museum is under construction right now and while still open, not as cool. If you or your kid are 'air & space nuts' and you have time, take a trip out to the Udvar-Hazy Center. It's a bit of a trek from downtown DC but it's terrific.

Anyway, have fun; it sounds like this will be a trip you and your son will remember forever (and hopefully Ovi gets 700 while you're here if he hasn't done so already)!

Mod note: will move this to the Out-of-towners thread in a few days.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Awesome info and thanks so much! Like I said earlier, this is the trip of a lifetime for us, and something that is much needed for my son and I as we have had a pretty rough go of it lately having lost a few people very close to us recently. Im hoping this will help ease his pains a little and put a smile on his face as I know it will. Go Caps!! (My son and I have a deal. Caps win in Wsh and Jets win in Wpg, both in OT lol)

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Hey @PortageTerrier

Just wanted to say I hope your son has a great night tonight!!!! :laugh::laugh:
Hello there. Yes he did. The entire trip has been amazing. The people of DC are extremely friendly, and the city is absolutely beautiful. Reminds me of living in a museum. We attended practise this morning and will be there again tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who gave info and tips! You have a great hockey team, and even better home town!

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Hello all, just me again. Anyone happen to know which hotel the Caps would be staying at in Minny this wknd? My son and I just arrived in Winnipeg for tonights game, amd will be heading out tomorrow to Minny. Want to top off the father son experience in the same hotel as the team if we can. Any help would be great. Thanks p

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Hello all, just me again. Anyone happen to know which hotel the Caps would be staying at in Minny this wknd? My son and I just arrived in Winnipeg for tonights game, amd will be heading out tomorrow to Minny. Want to top off the father son experience in the same hotel as the team if we can. Any help would be great. Thanks p

Little research I did indicates visiting teams usually stay at the The Saint Paul Hotel. Good luck.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Little research I did indicates visiting teams usually stay at the The Saint Paul Hotel. Good luck.
Thanks, thats what I found as well so booked the room there and will take our chances. Its been an amazing adventure so far, and this will be the cherry on top!

carparkno1

Oct 12, 2011
Hi all.

We are due to fly 13th March, we're in Washington to see the games vs Chicago and Edmonton.

With all the Coronavirus concerns etc we're on a "wait and see" alert to decide on plans. We bought three tickets to each game, and they are in really good seats so weren't cheap.

I know we can put them up for sale but obviously there's a fair chance they may not get bought... Does anyone have a view or experience of how likely they are to sell? If nhl cancels games or group gatherings then we get the money back but if we choose not to go ourselves I guess resale is only option?

Don't fancy being stranded in DC unable to get back to UK etc. Thanks all!

Tickets are:

Vs hawks 432 row B
Vs oilers: 109 row F​

Sep 19, 2008
I don't think you will have any issue selling the tickets if you didn't want to go. The Blackhawks one is on Saturday so it's going to be very popular. The Coronavirus isn't so bad that it's going to scare people to the point of not going. I was there Wednesday and there were a lot of people there despite the whole scare.

DaveMuBai

Apr 14, 2020
Hey guys, I'm selling a 2005 Caps Jersey (XXL (fits 5'6" or 5'7"-ish and up) for $100 in mint condition if anyone is interested! Here are some photos, just scroll down a bit. Thanks!

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN
Hey Guys, I've got a trip planned with my wife and my best friend and his wife all of us our Preds fans and would love to attend the game this year Dec 29 we will be in town from the 26th until after new years. We've got a few questions, first off, where can we find relatively well priced tickets? 30 mins before game on ticketmaster or something? We do this for Preds games often enough but never tried it elsewhere. Also, what is the parking like? should I take a subway? is that possible? Any Tram or Bussing options? In Nashville we park in a far away parking lot a lot of times and they bus people to the stadium. Just hoping someone can provide me some advice here, thanks

I also have a few questions about the city, ie - local places that are great to eat at for cheap or fun, and what kind of shows or entertainment is there for New Years Eve and whatnot. We're mostly visiting to tour and hike through a ton of museums and see the capital first time for a few of us. Anyways, thanks again for reading this, hope to see a game in a different teams arena for once! Should be fun

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
@predwings
Buying a ticket via Stubhub shortly before the game works some nights, but I doubt it would for a Dec29 game. Going to be lots of people in-town and off-work for the holidays, so that's usually a pretty high demand date. Going to be expensive regardless.

The Chinatown metro stop is immediately adjacent to the stadium. There is also a few paid lots in the vicinity, but finding street parking would be difficult. I would suggest taking the metro (subway).

Reactions: predwings

msimons10

Aug 28, 2018
Was looking to grab 10-15 tix for the season. Any season ticket holders interested in releasing that many games? I realize the Caps have their mini season ticket option now, but I've done this in the past and worked out pretty well.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Hi, I’m looking for 2 tickets for Rangers / Capitals 10/13 game. Is anyone selling? I was looking on stub hub but the fees are ridiculous. 83 dollars per ticket for convenience fee, tax, and service charge. This doesn’t even include the price of the actual ticket.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Hi friends, I am a Minnesotan (Wild Fan) but relocated here this Winter and have been to a few games already. Looking for some tickets to Wednesday vs the Oilers if anyone has a lead on a pair.

Thanks friends.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Hey friends, I live out near Philly and am thinking of getting tix to Wednesday's game to watch Ovi and McDavid. How's the traffic around there that time of night? I live about 2 hrs 15 min from DC with no traffic. Should I give myself like 3 and half hours to get to Capital One? So leave at like 3:30-4?

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad