Visiting LA? Where to go? What to do? Ask here

dbbourn

Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
Potential Ranger fan coming in for game 6 if both teams make it to the dance. Anybody wanna give me a place to stay? haha

Kings fan coming in for game 3 or 4. Don't let this guy stay with you and save that space for me. lol.

Besides I'm rooting for the Devils, because tickets will be easier to get there.

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site
Alright, I'll be in LA for Games 3 and 4 but am need of a hotel. Any recommendations for something close to Staples Center? Or even something that gives me quick access to the arena? I'm not looking for The Ritz but don't want a trash can either...

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Alright, I'll be in LA for Games 3 and 4 but am need of a hotel. Any recommendations for something close to Staples Center? Or even something that gives me quick access to the arena? I'm not looking for The Ritz but don't want a trash can either...

The JW Marriott is attached to the Ritz and is far less expensive, but still up there. Otherwise it just depends on how much walking you want to do.

If you want to be near something else to do while you're here, you could stay at Universal City and check out Citywalk or Universal Studios - they have 2 hotels there that are both plenty nice (Hilton and a Sheraton IIRC) and there is a Red Line subway stop there that'll take you straight to 7th street downtown. From 7th street it's a 15 minute walk to Staples. Not to mention all of the other red line stops in Hollywood if you want to check things out there.

nni

Dec 29, 2005
Quick question, Devils fan making the trip for game 3 with my wife. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

Wildturkey12

Do It!
Oct 20, 2010
L.A.
It looks like the JW is already booked up. I would bet they are putting a lot of the media up there. I would second staying in Universal, the Subway makes it easy to get to Staples.

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site
The JW Marriott is attached to the Ritz and is far less expensive, but still up there. Otherwise it just depends on how much walking you want to do.

If you want to be near something else to do while you're here, you could stay at Universal City and check out Citywalk or Universal Studios - they have 2 hotels there that are both plenty nice (Hilton and a Sheraton IIRC) and there is a Red Line subway stop there that'll take you straight to 7th street downtown. From 7th street it's a 15 minute walk to Staples. Not to mention all of the other red line stops in Hollywood if you want to check things out there.

Universal sounds perfect. Thanks for the advice...

BennyAdeline

May 29, 2012
Hollywood

There are some cheap and decent hotels in Hollywood. There are also multiple Red Line stops that get you to the Stapler. My in-laws stay at the Hollywood City Inn, which is reasonably priced and a 1 minute walk to the train stop. http://www.hotels.com/ho224259/hollywood-city-inn-los-angeles-united-states/?gclid=CPfbtbz5pbACFWIGRQodFSVHYQ

HMan68

May 29, 2012
This is where to watch the games if you don't have tickets...

BOTECO...it is a restaurant/bar/lounge in Alhambra in the San Gabriel Valley. It has an excellent little lounge and they're going to have $4 food and drink specials from 4pm through the end of EACH game! I'd love to get some of my fellow Kings fans out there to join me!

Go KINGS!

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
What's the best place to hang out at around L.A. Live before the game tomorrow?

I plan on showing up a few hours early just to check out the area. I haven't been down there in a while.

I just wanna hang out, see the sites, and get a few decently priced drinks.

What's the best place to hang out at around L.A. Live before the game tomorrow?

I plan on showing up a few hours early just to check out the area. I haven't been down there in a while.

I just wanna hang out, see the sites, and get a few decently priced drinks.

There is a beer garden at LA Live pregame and then you have your choice of Yardhouse, ESPN Zone, Lucky Strike, Trader Vics, Rock N Fish and a few others. I'm not sure any of them are better than others. They are all kinda overpriced imo.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but yeah. So it's looking like I'm gonna have to move to LA for work/school in the area near Walnut I think? So with that said anyone know what I should expect, where the good places to eat, live, etc are? I think it's somewhere near Mt. San Antonio College or something. Thanks. :)

Captain Mittens*

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but yeah. So it's looking like I'm gonna have to move to LA for work/school in the area near Walnut I think? So with that said anyone know what I should expect, where the good places to eat, live, etc are? I think it's somewhere near Mt. San Antonio College or something. Thanks. :)

As a fellow Foo Foo, I am glad to help.

Walnut is an odd area smack in the middle of three counties in a heavy traffic area.

Brea or Diamond Bar will be nicer but more expensive.
Don't go to Pomona.

You will learn to hate the 60 freeway

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
As a fellow Foo Foo, I am glad to help.

Walnut is an odd area smack in the middle of three counties in a heavy traffic area.

Brea or Diamond Bar will be nicer but more expensive.
Don't go to Pomona.

You will learn to hate the 60 freeway

Wait so it's not the middle of nowhere like someone was telling me? Oh man that's pretty rad. Since I already hate 101 so it's nice to know I'll have another freeway to hate if I do end up having to move. :laugh:

Anyways, thanks for the advice and stuff!

Captain Mittens*

Wait so it's not the middle of nowhere like someone was telling me? Oh man that's pretty rad. Since I already hate 101 so it's nice to know I'll have another freeway to hate if I do end up having to move. :laugh:

No where near the middle of nowhere.

You are 30 minutes, sans traffic, from just about everything

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Near Mt SAC eh? I know that area well. I went to Cal Poly Pomona. You'll be in the midst of suburbia. Not a bad area, at all.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California

and stuff?:naughty:

Walnut sits on top of a former dump.. just sayin'. :)

I lived near that area for a while and in general, it is a good area. Just stay out of P-town (Pomona) as far as living goes. Walnut is close to two different Metrolink lines that will take you to downtown and is about a 45 min drive to OC beaches (no traffic) and about 30 minutes to DTLA (no traffic). As someone else said, it is very much suburbia. San Dimas (high school football rules), Covina, Glendora, Diamond Bar and Brea are all middle to upper middle class suburbs nearby too.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Bruins fan here, coming to town on Monday and Tuesday. Is the cup still in the area, or is it already making the rounds with the individual players? I'd love to catch another glimpse if its in town while I'm there.

Thanks, and congrats on the cup win. :handclap:

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Bruins fan here, coming to town on Monday and Tuesday. Is the cup still in the area, or is it already making the rounds with the individual players? I'd love to catch another glimpse if its in town while I'm there.

Thanks, and congrats on the cup win. :handclap:

It was in Vegas last night and is most likely headed to the Draft next

hockeyfan4ever

Jan 24, 2008
Hi. I'm thinking of visiting L.A. in the future. How do I get from the L.A.X. airport to Staples Center. Is there a skytrain or metro that takes you from the airport to Staples Center? If not, what buses do you take from the airport to Staples? And how far is L.A.X. from the Staples Center and which hotel would you recommend me staying at?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad