Virtanev GM game + Dispersal Draft Discussion Thread

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I was under the assumption that teams who were skipped in the previous round were auto-skipped the next. I have no issue with the Nyquist pick being nullified though.

That's been the case for other games, I don't believe it has been for this one.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:nhl

Gonna pause the draft for now, as long as that's okay. We're way off on picks. Things will be shorted out shortly.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
we'll continue the draft tomorrow, I get my laptop back from the manufacture and I'll be on all day. we're getting the draft done tomorrow no if ands or buts

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Okay, I think I have it sorted out.

Colorado, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh all have a skipped pick to make up.

Edmonton is up, but the clock won't be running until tomorrow.

Boston is just going to be skipped from now on unless we find a replacement GM. Also, the following will not be available to draft: Corey Perry, TJ Brodie, Johnny Gaudreau, Cam Fowler.

Will be sending PMs to the four teams specified above.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
How was it rightfully skipped? You guys stopped the draft because things were way off. I was waiting for some notification regarding my pick, and I got one at 11:25 Mountain time. It is now 11:40.

This draft has been a complete and utter mess.

I'm not in charge of the draft, I'm improvising. People haven't been PM'ing whoever is next isn't something I can control. Virtanev might have different plans, but I'm not sure what else there is to do.

EDIT - One other thing to add is that if getting Zibanejad was that important, then a list should've been sent in to dong or Virtanev to prevent exactly this from happening.

Its also not impossible to monitor the draft on your own, and realize that you're free to make your pick whenever.

Last edited:

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I made 2 picks because I was PMed to say I had to make another pick when I selected Yandle, so the next time I was up I took 2. And I'm all for raising the cap.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm not in charge of the draft, I'm improvising. People haven't been PM'ing whoever is next isn't something I can control. Virtanev might have different plans, but I'm not sure what else there is to do.

EDIT - One other thing to add is that if getting Zibanejad was that important, then a list should've been sent in to dong or Virtanev to prevent exactly this from happening.

Its also not impossible to monitor the draft on your own, and realize that you're free to make your pick whenever.

I honestly do not know why I was skipped. Didn't get a pm when I was up AND I sent in a list. I don't think Zibby was first on my list but I wanted to make up the pick fast and so he was my first thought.

JonnyGraz

Feb 10, 2014
The problem had occurred when I pmed Tampa. I told him to make up his skipped pick. When i told him to make up the pick, the only pick that had to be made up was from the 5th round. The confusion was that he thought the Keith Yandle pick was for the fifth round mean while it should of been for the sixth. I then pmed him saying he needed to make up the pick. I was not specific enough to state the "5th round" pick. So he went on to make two picks thinking that he missed another pick besides the 5th.

What should happen is that we should negate the Dan Girardi pick and start from after WPG. Those gm's were not and should not of been skipped therefore should of had the opportunity to make their picks.

Hope this clears some confusion!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The problem had occurred when I pmed Tampa. I told him to make up his skipped pick. When i told him to make up the pick, the only pick that had to be made up was from the 5th round. The confusion was that he thought the Keith Yandle pick was for the fifth round mean while it should of been for the sixth. I then pmed him saying he needed to make up the pick. I was not specific enough to state the "5th round" pick. So he went on to make two picks thinking that he missed another pick besides the 5th.

What should happen is that we should negate the Dan Girardi pick and start from after WPG. Those gm's were not and should not of been skipped therefore should of had the opportunity to make their picks.

Hope this clears some confusion!

Part of the issue stems from us having no one to PM people when the poster before them was skipped. No one is really "running" the draft.

Before you pick, check out the draft board. It takes 2-3 minutes, and you won't **** things up by doing this.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
:edmonton

Trading Block

Jordan Eberle
2nd EDM 2015 pick
2nd MTL 2015 pick
Martin Marincin
Andre Burakovsky
Evgeny Kuznetsov

Looking for top line players

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:sabres

Trading Block
Jamie Benn
Ryan Suter
Kyle Turris
Zach Bogosian
Evander Kane
Matt Moulson
And all other non-prospects and non-picks

Looking for top prospects and picks.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Sorry. Ya delete Girardi.

I think we're all caught up and fixed it, so Girardi is still yours.

Seems to be resolved for now.

The last two rounds...

Round 6

66. Montreal Canadiens - Marc Methot, D
67. Tampa Bay Lightning - Tomas Tatar, W
68. Vancouver Canucks - Nick Foligno, W
69. New York Islanders - Jared Cowen, D
70. Winnipeg Jets - Derek Stepan, C
71. Pittsburgh Penguins - Chris Kreider, W
72. Boston Bruins - VOIDED
73. Colorado Avalanche - Nick Bjugstad, C
74. San Jose Sharks - Mika Zibanejad, C
75. Philadelphia Flyers - Brandon Saad, W
76. Tampa Bay Lightning via Toronto Maple Leafs - Dan Girardi, D
77. Edmonton Oilers - Andre Burakovsky, W
78. Buffalo Sabres - Kyle Turris, C

Round 7

79. Buffalo Sabres - Anthony Mantha, W
80. Edmonton Oilers - Evgeny Kuznetsov, W
81. Toronto Maple Leafs - Jonathan Huberdeau, W
82. Philadelphia Flyers -
83. San Jose Sharks -
84. Colorado Avalanche -
85. Boston Bruins - VOIDED
86. Pittsburgh Penguins -
87. Winnipeg Jets -
88. New York Islanders -
89. Vancouver Canucks -
90. Tampa Bay Lightning -
91. Montreal Canadiens -

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
as the bruins now have a new GM, their previous trades and picks still stand. They still have Perry, Gauderau, Fowler and Brodie. They've picked up Oshie but still have two more skipped picks to make up.

Patchey*

:bruins
Rebuilding :(
Everyone available! (Except for specs ofc)

btw I've made up my pix

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
The last couple of picks have been a no show. We can just end the draft here and commence with the game, we've reached the end of the 7th round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad