Rumor: Virtanen for Nutivaraa

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Let's play who wants to be a millionaire!

Which of these Florida Panther hockey players are NOT eligible to play for the Finnish national team?

A) Aleksander Barkov
B) Jake Virtanen
C) Henrik Borgstrom
D) Anton Lundell

Contestant: Aww man, im more of a basketball guy myself so don't really follow hockey. But let's see.. Borgstrom and Lundell sound like they could be Swedish or something, and i know there's a bunch of Swedish hockey players right? Sweden is close to Finland though so who knows. Barkov definitely sounds Russian. Virtanen.. Virtanen.. yeah! That has to be Finnish! I think it's Barkov but just to make sure let's use a 50-50.

50-50 lifeline? Allrighty! 50-50 will remove two answers that are most definitely not the correct answer

*boop*

A) Aleksander Barkov
B) Jake Virtanen

Contestant: Hell yeah! This is childs play man! I was afraid they'd leave two of the other guys but this is easy. A) Aleksander Barkov my final answer.

You're absolutely sure?

Contestant: Well of course. Dude is Russian. Let's get this 500k!

Well too bad! Thanks for playing!

Contestant: WHAT THE f***
One Russian, two Swedes...has to be Virtanen.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I bet Virtanen would do great in Florida. I’m a big Virtanen supporter but at this point I’d rather him go somewhere like Florida, tear it up, and make Benning look bad.
I dont see virtanen do anything. His IQ is low and his personality will not change. Just a lazy player that plays inconsistent and comes up to camp not in shape.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Meh... not overjoyed from a Canucks stand point. Don’t get me wrong I think Virtanen’s trade value has declined but does this really do anything for Vancouver? Same-ish cap... rather give OJ more opportunity.
Benning just likes to target mediocre players in FA and trades. Got lucky with Schmidt and hit the jackpot with Miller. I just dont know about this Nutivaraa guy but Virtanen just is not a top 6 forward so I could care less about him.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Ehhh...certainly the right idea. But the wrong player i think. Not really that interested in Nut guy. Seems like a product of looking decent in a deep and robust D corps, and not really being much more than depth. Canucks already have depth guys.

Reactions: Bettman Returnz

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Interesting value recouping if we get Nutivaara; he was underrated in Columbus, no? Also seems like he can play on both sides of the ice? He would be a good replacement for Edler (stable and puck-mover, can probably pair him on our shutdown duo with Nate Schmidt) but I wonder if Juolevi would end up taking the 2nd LHD spot behind Quinn Hughes, making Markus an expensive 3rd guy.

Virtanen is from Abbotsford

We'll send him over after he's partied at the Roxy, so when he does his paperwork he'll add an umlaut somewhere :thumbu:

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
They better not do this trade.... What the heck do we need another bottom pairing defenseman for?

Edler, Hughes, Benn, Hamonic, Schmidt, and Myers are our current top 6, I don’t see him as a massive upgrade over any of these guys. Then we have Juolevi who SHOULD be getting ice time, and Rathbone who is excelling in the AHL and due for a call up. We need high end talent on our blue line, not more depth.

Reactions: gianni

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
For a guy who seemingly should have very little value, Virtanen is involved in a lot of rumours.

Remind you of the Yakupov days??? Or when you got rid of Petry and look how he has turned out since...The Coil have done f***ed up as much as the Canucks as has almost every team.

Laffs are the center of the hockey world and will acquire all the players at league minimum with the old vets threatening to retire if claimed

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Remind you of the Yakupov days??? Or when you got rid of Petry and look how he has turned out since...The Coil have done f***ed up as much as the Canucks as has almost every team.

Laffs are the center of the hockey world and will acquire all the players at league minimum with the old vets threatening to retire if claimed
What the Oilers gotta do with Virtanen have poor value?

Filip Karlsson

Oct 6, 2020
Let's play who wants to be a millionaire!

Which of these Florida Panther hockey players are NOT eligible to play for the Finnish national team?

A) Aleksander Barkov
B) Jake Virtanen
C) Henrik Borgstrom
D) Anton Lundell

Contestant: Aww man, im more of a basketball guy myself so don't really follow hockey. But let's see.. Borgstrom and Lundell sound like they could be Swedish or something, and i know there's a bunch of Swedish hockey players right? Sweden is close to Finland though so who knows. Barkov definitely sounds Russian. Virtanen.. Virtanen.. yeah! That has to be Finnish! I think it's Barkov but just to make sure let's use a 50-50.

50-50 lifeline? Allrighty! 50-50 will remove two answers that are most definitely not the correct answer

*boop*

A) Aleksander Barkov
B) Jake Virtanen

Contestant: Hell yeah! This is childs play man! I was afraid they'd leave two of the other guys but this is easy. A) Aleksander Barkov my final answer.

You're absolutely sure?

Contestant: Well of course. Dude is Russian. Let's get this 500k!

Well too bad! Thanks for playing!

Contestant: WHAT THE f***

this is perfection

Lil

Feb 13, 2016
Gotham
Not a good deal for Vancouver. Pass. Nutivaraa is a good player, but at most he would be the 7th Dman in Vancouver. No point in making this move if Juolevi is struggling to get minutes. Virtanen for Debrusk is what would be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad