Rumor: Virtanen for Nutivaraa

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I like this deal for FLA... I think Virtanen will excel elsewhere... he needs a change of scenery away from his hometown.

I could take it or leave it from a Canucks standpoint.

Vinman88

Aug 3, 2018
I like him as a Florida fan: decent puck moving defenseman who is fast; Yandle blocks him and Forsling unexpectedly arrived. Missed start of season during to Covid so he never was integrated into the team
Lets see if Nutti goes to Van or VirTanen comes on down to the sun. Woohoo

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Cybulski is far from connected or credible. Been listening for years and don’t think I’ve ever heard him cote through with any info that wasn’t already readily available.

Reactions: Seatoo

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Let's play who wants to be a millionaire!

Which of these Florida Panther hockey players are NOT eligible to play for the Finnish national team?

A) Aleksander Barkov
B) Jake Virtanen
C) Henrik Borgstrom
D) Anton Lundell

Contestant: Aww man, im more of a basketball guy myself so don't really follow hockey. But let's see.. Borgstrom and Lundell sound like they could be Swedish or something, and i know there's a bunch of Swedish hockey players right? Sweden is close to Finland though so who knows. Barkov definitely sounds Russian. Virtanen.. Virtanen.. yeah! That has to be Finnish! I think it's Barkov but just to make sure let's use a 50-50.

50-50 lifeline? Allrighty! 50-50 will remove two answers that are most definitely not the correct answer

*boop*

A) Aleksander Barkov
B) Jake Virtanen

Contestant: Hell yeah! This is childs play man! I was afraid they'd leave two of the other guys but this is easy. A) Aleksander Barkov my final answer.

You're absolutely sure?

Contestant: Well of course. Dude is Russian. Let's get this 500k!

Well too bad! Thanks for playing!

Contestant: WHAT THE f***

Last edited:

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
This makes a fair bit of sense for Vancouver. I have always liked Nuti but he seems like he is getting lost in the shuffle at this point (which is perhaps a reflection of mediocre play).

If this is legit, gotta think Vancouver at least waits until Petey is back though.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
So Benning brings in another D (a Finn too) to play ahead of Juiolevi? And the guy has a contract for next season too? Interesting.
Virtanen does nothing for me, the guy looks disinterested everytime I watch him. But I guess it's better than having Nutivaara sitting in the press box.

Yes, you will be pulling your hair out with him. He is the most frustrating player I have ever watched in a Canucks uniform.

Example: He was one of the best players on the ice against the Leafs, scored 2 goals in the 2 game series, but was dominant on the puck and made a number of power moves to create chances. He has since been invisible for the past 8 games, while getting a huge opportunity in the top 6. Literally has done nothing. If he was some horse shit player who wasn't good enough to get it done, that's one thing. The fact that he can get it done, but simply doesn't is painfully frustrating to watch.

Virtanen seemed to finally make a huge jump last season, but this year has been a huge disappointment. Any assets we can get back will be a win.

Reactions: FormerPantherFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad