Vintage Jets 3rd Jersey for 2013 season?

Reed Solomon

GO ✈'s GO
Jul 26, 2011
Winnipeg, Man.
...further to my last post..

In fact, I would expect something like this considering TNSE have already used this design when the Moose honoured the 1972 WHA Jets team as part of the 'farewell to the Winnipeg Arena' thing back in 2004:

moosewhajetstrib0304front.jpg

See, I find the font better than the current one being used, but I don't like the picture of the guy playing hockey on it. I just can't see something this simple being used for anything more than a oneshot, as the moose thing was. The later 70's logo is probably the one people consider the classic Jets logo.

Then again maybe they'll swirl it all around and come up with something that incorporates all three in a modern way.

BobEssensa

Jun 16, 2011
Any iteration of the Jets retro jersey history would be fine by me for a retro jersey revival.

Jets didn't win any Avco cups in these jerseys, they just wore em for season 1. I do think the current Jets would have an easier time selling them as Retros though, since few people have these ones already. They also have a great unique early-70s look to them, wild nameplates, and I think they'd blend well with the current Jets identity.:
Jets1.png

They won the 3 Avcos in these duds (with a slight variation to the shoulder yoke later on). It would be pretty bad-ass too if the modern Jets wore these:
Jets2.png

I like these, but would find it odd to see Bobby Hull's jersey with Kane's name.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
the red shoulder yolk on the late '70s jersey would be possible and nice.
but i'd expect the 1970s JETS logo to be the one they use.
it is all about capitalizing on jersey sales and releasing a 2013 take (or re-print) of a jersey that is still worn all over Winnipeg? no point.
maybe in 5+ years. but for now? the JETS logo is the most logical

Warhead77

Jets4Life
Jun 28, 2011
The River City
This is of course the most famous Jets retro logo as it was the longest serving (1973-1990).

Maybe TNSE can make a slight modification to this one as in replacing the 'passenger jet' with their military fighter jet.
winnipeg-jets-old-logo.jpg

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
70's jerseys, with latest colour scheme (from image above):

old_jerseys_new_colours.png

80's logo, with new jet and new colours:

old_logo_new_jet.png

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
It can only be the outfits worn by the likes of Hawerchuk and Paul Maclean, Arniel, Boshman, smail, Picard, Carlyle, all those guys. It would be a weird and familiar feeling to see these uniforms again on the ice.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I know I am in the minority here but I want to see an adaptation of the 90's Jets jerseys. It was some of the best/ worst of times for the Jets organization.

Kikoman1966

Nov 2, 2014
USA
Third Jersey - I agree the sooner the better, strike while the iron is hot and the gift season is here.

By now almost 90% of Jets fans have either both or one of the jerseys, and don't know what else to get either as gift or for them selfs ..

My personal request for this special third jersey would be that the PRMERY body color is RED ...This would make it unique over all other Jets jersey from original to present day..Find and look for the original 1972-73 WHA patch it is RED and WHITE with a little Blue trim, Kind of cool looking!

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Homage to the late 70's and 80's (bit of a mash-up between the two), using the new colour scheme?

retro_with_new_colours.jpg

Really like this.
The red pants really make it pop. I wonder how they would look with the current uniforms otherwise unchanged?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad