Vinny Lecavalier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Where did you see this rumor? That seems quite odd. I also would think that is against the CBA unless he was in some kind of legal trouble, but to say you can't practice because you suck at hockey and we don't want you any more...

Not saying it isn't true. Just seems very strange

It kind of happened with Scott Gomez in Montreal.

Nvxs07

Aug 1, 2014
@BroadStBull:

"Berube said he has no timetable for Vinny's return to lineup #flyers"

Well then

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I think this is the final straw. I think with reports he isn't thinking about playing all that much longer it's going to get him moved. It's just hard to pin point where though.

kyuss

Wings make our ding-dings sing.
May 28, 2012
Can he retire from the Flyers to essentially void his contract and sign for less with another team? I can see why the PA wouldn't like it, but it might benefit Vinny if there's actually a team who wants to play him. Sorry if this has been covered.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
Can he retire from the Flyers to essentially void his contract and sign for less with another team? I can see why the PA wouldn't like it, but it might benefit Vinny if there's actually a team who wants to play him. Sorry if this has been covered.

Nope. Only way that could happen is if he was waived, assigned to the AHL and refused to report. But he has a NMC

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
This may be overly optimistic on my part, but could something around Vinny plus one of the 3rd round picks this year for Chris Stewart work?

The Flyers get an expiring deal and a player that could possibly turn his game around in a secondary scoring role in Philly. He also has the connection to Simmonds.

Buffalo gets a cap hit for the cap floor next year and a third round pick just for taking the contract. Even if they buy him out, the cap penalties won't eat into the future too much when they have to start paying their RFA's.

The money even works out this year as well, since both are carrying about the same cap hit.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Fair enough. I'd probably do the third if it came to that. Getting rid of Vinny's contract should be Hextall's number one priority right now.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I just proposed an option above that has benefits for both teams.

Buffalo would just be wasting an asset. For what? A cap dump they could have for free and a lousy 3rd. They'd be way better off trading Stewart for something of value and getting Vinny later if they want him.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Buffalo would just be wasting an asset. For what? A cap dump they could have for free and a lousy 3rd. They'd be way better off trading Stewart for something of value and getting Vinny later if they want him.

A 3rd is more than they're going to get when they trade him. He's a UFA to be with motivation and attitude problems.

Buffalo can take on Vinny, or buy him out, with almost no impact on their cap flexibility for the next three years. The third is an asset gained for a cap filler that they'll need anyway.

Like I said, it's a decent deal for both sides strictly as a cap move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad