Vinny Lecavalier Part 2

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The update was probably just going to be that he missed a day of practice with a sore back and is fine.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Too much drama with this guy. I mean management can't be happy about him complaining through the media the way he has since he's fallen out of favor with the team....

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Too much drama with this guy. I mean management can't be happy about him complaining through the media the way he has since he's fallen out of favor with the team....

He really doesn't complain that much. Certainly less than many others would.

What do you want him to do? He's at the rink every day. He's going to be asked questions. How should he respond to them? "Everything's fine, they're treating me great! I couldn't be happier!"? I hope you don't expect him to act as though everything is dandy. He's allowed to be frustrated with the situation.

He sucks. He's not an NHLer anymore. But he's still a person with an exaggerated opinion of himself just like you and just like me.

I really don't think there's all that much drama. He's not playing, and occasionally he'll tell the media, "I think I don't have enough opportunity". Nothing really dramatic about it.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
If Vinny didn't want to be disruptive, he would just say "no comment" to the leeches' questions and they would stop asking. Instead he complains about chances. I am sure his teammates can overhear or hear second hand. That is a distraction.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
That's his cap hit. You said "huge chunk of change" implying the money he will receive, which is $3m for each of the next two seasons.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I don't like Vinny either, but it sounds like hex is at wrong here. Either don't say anything or just say the truth straight up. The whole update tomorrow thing is stupid and unnecessary. In a strong hockey market and with social media, GM and coaches need to realize that little things like this turn into big deals and start drama.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
I don't like Vinny either, but it sounds like hex is at wrong here. Either don't say anything or just say the truth straight up. The whole update tomorrow thing is stupid and unnecessary. In a strong hockey market and with social media, GM and coaches need to realize that little things like this turn into big deals and start drama.

Maybe Hexy just wanted to wait and see if his back loosened up overnight?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Vinny hasn't made himself a distraction. If he wanted to, as a high profile former superstar, he could make it into a much bigger thing. I actually think he's done a pretty good job of keeping his mouth shut, at least publicly.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Vinny hasn't made himself a distraction. If he wanted to, as a high profile former superstar, he could make it into a much bigger thing. I actually think he's done a pretty good job of keeping his mouth shut, at least publicly.

Agreed.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Lecavalier's injury is minor, Hexy says.

Source: Sam Carchidi (Twitter), Philadelphia Inquirer

-----------------

Or From Wayne Fish (Twitter): Hextall says Lecavalier not injured, in response to player missing morning skate.

Or from Bill Meltzer (Twitter): Hextall: Today was a "recovery day" for Lecavalier. Not hurt, not more to it.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Maybe Hexy just wanted to wait and see if his back loosened up overnight?

Why not just say that then? Not one person would judge either. I mean prob some jokes from fans but I doubt anyone would of interviewed Vinny, or his agent and Hexy wouldn't have had to come out and clear things up.

It very well could of been a mistake by Hexy, but he def has to learn from this and handle things better moving forward.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Storm in a teacup.

@billmeltzer
Hextall on 40: "He had a recovery day today. He's been skating a lot lately. It was just one of those days that he needed some time."

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
From Tim P.: http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phi...r-recovery-day-ron-hextall-new-york-islanders

All Hextall would say was Lecavalier had a “recovery” day.

From what?

“I’m not going to tell you,” Hextall said. “All I’m saying is he needed a recovery day and that’s it. He’s been skating a lot for a whole year. He just needed a day.

“Vinny is not injured, he had a recovery day today, he’s been skating a lot and just one of those days where he needed some time.”

Lecavalier has not dressed for 12 consecutive games, including Tuesday’s game against the visiting Islanders.

Hextall said there has been no change in Lecavalier's situation in terms of finding something that works for both him and the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad