Vinny Lecavalier Part 2

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The last thread is just about to hit the 1000 post limit, so let's continue here.

So I ask you guys, do you think we've seen Vinny Lecavalier play his last game as a Flyer?

Last edited by a moderator:

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
I'm going to go out on a limb and say... yes.

I think he will be traded by the weekend. He will waive his NTC/NMC whatever he has to play somewhere that 'wants' him.

Hoping we get a 4th line centre (28-30yr old) who wins FO and a 3rd or 4th pick. I'd be more than happy with that.

RJ8812*

I'm going to go out on a limb and say... yes.

I think he will be traded by the weekend. He will waive his NTC/NMC whatever he has to play somewhere that 'wants' him.

Hoping we get a 4th line centre (28-30yr old) who wins FO and a 3rd or 4th pick. I'd be more than happy with that.

We probably won't get anything like that. Try another player on a bad contract

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, now that Berube has finally seen enough to the point where he scratched him, does anything short of a ton of injuries get him back? I'd hope that he realizes that the lines look much better without him and that there's really no excuse to put him back in... (assuming he's not traded soon, which obviously I hope he is)

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
Hopefully. We're stuck with his cap hit either way, might as well make the best of it and keep him in the press box. Obviously that's not ideal, but it's best for the team.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, now that Berube has finally seen enough to the point where he scratched him, does anything short of a ton of injuries get him back? I'd hope that he realizes that the lines look much better without him and that there's really no excuse to put him back in... (assuming he's not traded soon, which obviously I hope he is)

Dave Issaac said Hextall told him that Vinny won't be in the lineup anymore unless of an injury & that the trade market for Vinny is quiet right now (not really a shocker).

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Dave Issaac said Hextall told him that Vinny won't be in the lineup anymore unless of an injury & that the trade market for Vinny is quiet right now (not really a shocker).
I read that earlier. I'd say that Vinny is done here. Either he accepts a trade or rots in the press box. Something must have precitated this move by management aside from his poor play. Perhaps he nixed a trade to a team that he didn't want to play for. It's probably safe to say the Vinny has a fork stuck in him here in Philly. He's done.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I read that earlier. I'd say that Vinny is done here. Either he accepts a trade or rots in the press box. Something must have precitated this move by management aside from his poor play. Perhaps he nixed a trade to a team that he didn't want to play for. It's probably safe to say the Vinny has a fork stuck in him here in Philly. He's done.

He nixed a trade to Ottawa this past summer according to Randy Miller but you can take that with a big grain of salt.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Just curious... late in the last thread I mentioned an idea about dealing with two teams on the Vinny trade with the Flyers retaining Cap Space with a Cap Strapped Team who would want him at a better price, and then buying Cap Space from a Lower Level Market Team who has it to spare and wants to better reach the Cap Floor an gain Cash... I also asked if my thinking was flawed about being able to do it.

Since I got nada responses, can I merely assume that nobody knows anything on it... or is the proposal just being universally ignored as not being worth discussing? I honestly think it is a possible answer and while costing Mr. Snider and Comcast to have to dig into their deep pockets like they did paying off Bryz and Danny, it allows Hexy to move Vinny without losing more Cap Space.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Im sure Hextall has a say in lineup decisions. If Anthony Sanfilipo is to be believed, they meet every day and discuss those things.

IIRC he said that all Roster decisions is raised up the flag for Chief's staff and Hexy to help decide on.

I personally smell Hexy all over this... just like his openly laughing at Hartnell's Skating/on-ice play at the Town Hall Meeting and trading him away at a loss... Vinny played under Chief/Homer last Season scoring 20 Goas, and came into this one with weight lost like Chief/Hexy wanted but got declining minutes and eventually was shown the Press Box.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I will take Vinny over Zac VV and Read. Try and get some kind of value if we are going to keep losing

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I will take Vinny over Zac VV and Read. Try and get some kind of value if we are going to keep losing

Whyyyy? We weren't winning with Vinny, and we aren't winning without him. He is a non-factor on this roster, I'd rather stick with the younger players and hope they can turn it around. Just keep scratching Vinny until we can move him or he retires, we aren't going to be any better with him in the lineup and if anything it'll just cause a big **** storm putting him back in after this scratching fiasco.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Whyyyy? We weren't winning with Vinny, and we aren't winning without him. He is a non-factor on this roster, I'd rather stick with the younger players and hope they can turn it around. Just keep scratching Vinny until we can move him or he retires, we aren't going to be any better with him in the lineup and if anything it'll just cause a big **** storm putting him back in after this scratching fiasco.

He did start with 4 pts in 3 games. Maybe he gets hot to try and get out of this mess

Can't see him retiring at all.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Vinnie played his way into the press box, can't blame anyone else.
I mean when you look worse than VV, well, that says it all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad