Vinny Lecavalier Part 2

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com

Okay so I'm guessing not a lot of people on here exercise, since it seems to be lost on some as to why he would need a recovery day. I assume since Vinny isn't playing, he is lifting and skating hard trying to crack the lineup again. Consequently, the body needs to recover, especially at his age. This is the main reason players don't add weight/add muscle during the season, not enough time to recover. If Hextall is telling the truth, than it is what it is, a day off to recover.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Okay so I'm guessing not a lot of people on here exercise, since it seems to be lost on some as to why he would need a recovery day. I assume since Vinny isn't playing, he is lifting and skating hard trying to crack the lineup again. Consequently, the body needs to recover, especially at his age. This is the main reason players don't add weight/add muscle during the season, not enough time to recover. If Hextall is telling the truth, than it is what it is, a day off to recover.

FWIW... and not meaning to make anything more out of it than there is... One has to wonder why he didn't merely call it what they do for the Players regularly in the Lineup; 'A Maintenance Day'.

It seems the same to me, unless my understanding is incorrect... If so, can someone please inform me exactly what a Maintenance Day is? (*) I have taken it as a broad term that encompasses many situations, calling for the same necessitated 'Sick/Personal day'

(*) That is of course, for the times it is not used when they don't want to give an honest answer. ;)

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
As a side note, I love it when our idiot beat writers get all pissy and act indignant when Hextall tells them it's a maintenance day when it's clearly an injury. As if they're entitled to an answer... bunch of stupid vultures. :laugh:

Friulian Flyers

Apr 9, 2007
Maniago, Italy
And of course Ek has to throw his two cents into the matter.

On Lecavalier...

Things are getting more and more strained between the sides and it is affecting the players on the ice in my opinion. There is a ton of respect in that room for Vinny and Lecavalier continues to be nothing but professional throughout...continuing his workouts and continuing talking with players and helping them in any way he can..
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Flames-interest-in-Mike-Richards-more-on-Carlyle-and-VinnyBuzzcast-1/1/73151

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad