Vincent Damphousse: "There will always be a few idiots..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
In the Journal de Montreal, this morning. Damphousse made that comment in the context of Dagenais' complaining.

I'm too lazy to drive to sister's house to get the paper and post a transcript, but if anyone here has the JDM, feel free to do so... it's a pretty interesting article.

Basically, it repeats a lot of what we've heard before. Damphousse is basically saying that it's not true that only veterans are fighting for the lockout because Alfredsson is and he's in his prime... or something like that.

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
Hey, I found the article... it was actually in yesterday's paper.

After reading it again, I think I misread it--it was Brashear that said "There will always be a few idiots..." when talking about Damphousse and not Damphousse when talking abour Dagenais. What Damphousse said about Dagenais was that "He must have been badly informed" and that "He is nervous and insecure, but when you have all the information you need, you can express yourself better on the subject."

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
woah I'm confused

is it

Dagenais complains

Damphouse says the he's uniformed or whatever line

Brashear calls Damphouse an Idiot?

or is Brash calling Dagenais an idiot?

or was he refering to the guy who fought fans in montreal in the joke of a league Brash is playing in?

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
translation -- After being grounded by the syndical leader Vincent Damphousse, Dagenais got thrashed by Donald Brashear, to whom we were asking yesterday evening if there wasn't some sort of confusion going on.
"No, there's no confusion, said the Flyers's tough guy. There will are always be a few idiots in the gang... Dagenais doesn't understand that we are fighting for his future. He's in the same boat."
When we asked Brashear if he would say that to Dagenais' face, he told us that Dagenais just had to read his comments in the newspaper.

Jaysfanatic*

http://www.nhlpa.com/Content/THE_PLAYERS/player_bio.asp?ID=601

Well obviously this thug will call the 300,000 guys idiots. I'd like to see him call Ray an idiot and get away with it. Brashear is making 2.2 million dollars for being a cheap goon. There are people who actually make a difference in the world who get paid way less than that. Im sick of guys like Marchant, and Brashear honestly, there are probably players playing in the ECHL that are better than those guys and who can fill in as superb replacements. Im no fan of Dagenais, but him, Ray, Commodore, and Ference have really impressed me.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
I think we need to have a link to this article. Just confused random out of context quotes from a purported news article are not working for me people....

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
bling said:
I think we need to have a link to this article. Just confused random out of context quotes from a purported news article are not working for me people....

Try linking to a printed article and see how much success you have...

easton122

May 14, 2003
USA
Visit site
Devilsfanatic said:
I'd like to see him call Ray an idiot and get away with it.

Well Ray elbowed Brashear in the face and Brashear beat the crap out of him in one of the most lop sided fights ever. I agree Brashear's comments were stupid but Brashear owns almost any enforcer in this league.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
easton122 said:
Well Ray elbowed Brashear in the face and Brashear beat the crap out of him in one of the most lop sided fights ever. I agree Brashear's comments were stupid but Brashear owns almost any enforcer in this league.

He didn't fare so well against McSorley's stick. Bet he wishes he had a crack at settling that score.....

Anyway, I agree. I imagine Dave Semenko, who has to work for a living, feels pretty sorry for guys like Brashear. :shakehead

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What Brashear doesn't realize is that this was a make or break year of Dagenais, so not playing could end his career or really hurt it as he's more of a one trick pony that has a great shot but that's about it. With a few of the Hab prospects closing ground on Dags, I'm sure he feels the heat and is pissed that he finally had a good year and all that hard work could go to watse depending on how long this thing really goes.

The NHLPA fans can go rah rah for the NHLPA but it's BS, the NHLPA is not doing jack for fringe NHLers like Dagenais cause he won't get many more chances and if this goes beyond two years all the sudden Dags may be looking for a new career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad