Value of: Vince Dunn

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Noted.

If that 2nd round pick would be the difference between choosing Montreal as a trading partner, or some other suitor, I'd do it.

IF we decide we have to move Dunn (again, IF), 16 +2nd sounds for Dunn + Allen sounds like a decent deal. If you'd rather send a prospect instead of a 2nd, (preferably) Struble, Harris or Norlinder would do aswell.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
IF we decide we have to move Dunn (again, IF), 16 +2nd sounds for Dunn + Allen sounds like a decent deal. If you'd rather send a prospect instead of a 2nd, (preferably) Struble, Harris or Norlinder would do aswell.

Habs are not moving the 16th for Dunn. If we are taking on a capdump in Allen, then the price for Dunn comes down.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
The 2nd round pick was conditional, depending on what kind of offers the Blues would get from other teams.

If it was indeed necessary to add to the base offer, Montreal would probably still prefer to add a pick than any of the prospects you mentioned.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why? You see a lot of defencemen of his age and calibre floating around on the market for a mid-1st round pick?

The most i would offer are 2 x 2nd round picks. The downside of trading for Dunn is that it exposes Chiarot to Seattle. At a cost of a 1st, i would rather not make the trade and keep Kulak in the 4-spot where he performed well in the playins.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
The downside of trading for Dunn is that it exposes Chiarot to Seattle.

Our potential expansion draft difficulties are of no concern to the Blues. They don't have any influence on Dunn's value.

At a cost of a 1st, i would rather not make the trade and keep Kulak in the 4-spot where he performed well in the playins.

And poorly on other occasions. Fair enough. You'd keep the current defence group as it is. I wouldn't. But again, it has nothing to do with Dunn's market value.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
If I'm the Blues I keep Dunn unless we're getting a huge overpayment. Dunn, Thomas, Parayko and to a lesser extent Kyrou are untouchable IMO
Dunn could be ripe for an offer sheet since his compensation based on salary is minimal. Another team could tie the Blues hands with an offer sheet.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Dunn could be ripe for an offer sheet since his compensation based on salary is minimal. Another team could tie the Blues hands with an offer sheet.

He's one of the players I'm hoping Bergevin would think about throwing an offer sheet at. Dunn's only 23 and would fill a big need on the Habs defense.

Even though it would likely be an easy match for the Blues I wouldn't mind if Bergevin threw something like a 3x4m (or whatever the max amount is for a 2nd being the compensation) offer sheet at Dunn if not re-signed once FA opens.

Any idea how much is Dunn looking for on his next contract?

LiffLaff

Crazy? Me?
Feb 22, 2010
Vardal
Would Love Dunn in Pitt, him and Marino would make a great second pair in my opinion, but I can't really see what we could offer that would'nt be beat out by other bidders..

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
He's one of the players I'm hoping Bergevin would think about throwing an offer sheet at. Dunn's only 23 and would fill a big need on the Habs defense.

Even though it would likely be an easy match for the Blues I wouldn't mind if Bergevin threw something like a 3x4m (or whatever the max amount is for a 2nd being the compensation) offer sheet at Dunn if not re-signed once FA opens.

You do realize that you have Suzuki and kotkneimie being rfas soon. The blues will retaliate and it won't be pretty

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111

Doesn't matter what he wants as the Blues control the RFA contract. He either accepts it, accepts an offer sheet with the Blues opportunity to match, or sits out.

I would be very skeptical if the Blues offered $4m AAV. He isn't worth that as his defense isn't there yet, and we have other PMDs coming up the ranks who could replace him at better value.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Doesn't matter what he wants as the Blues control the RFA contract. He either accepts it, accepts an offer sheet with the Blues opportunity to match, or sits out.

I would be very skeptical if the Blues offered $4m AAV. He isn't worth that as his defense isn't there yet, and we have other PMDs coming up the ranks who could replace him at better value.

Okay. Sorry I asked.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Okay. Sorry I asked.
No apology is necessary. :thumbu: A lot of people don't realize that Dunn controls very little in terms of negotiations this go around. I just can't see the Blues backing up the Brinx truck for him at this point. He'll get a bridge contract that leans towards friendly for the Blues.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
still would love to acquire Dunn this offseason, and the Devils can take whatever cap dump(s) that STL needs to help a deal get done

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad