Waived: Ville Leino for purposes of Compliance Buy-Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Watch him become an annual Sabres killer. He'll sign in Ottawa or Toronto and just torch us every year.

Nibbler

May 24, 2011
Ambassador to Earth
Mission Accomplished!

Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I recall someone ancillary to the Sabres whose opinions I respect was speaking about how Leino's injuries really affected him and he might be able to bounce back in the next few years. Hope it's true for him but glad to see him gone.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I wonder if he feels happy or sad today about this.

I'm gonna go with sad.

Yeah, the money's nice, but this is your employer saying they'd rather drop 7 million on you up front than wager on you ever earning what they thought you'd be worth. If he really does care about more than money that has to sting.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Yeah, the money's nice, but this is your employer saying they'd rather drop 7 million on you up front than wager on you ever earning what they thought you'd be worth. If he really does care about more than money that has to sting.

Well, he doesn't get all that money, and I doubt he gets offered more than a million a year going forward. So he'll probably net less overall.

If I was going to pick a reason he'd be happy about this, it would be a chance to go somewhere new.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Murray: So, which "R" you filled with?
Leino: What?
Murray: They say the number one killer of old people is retirement. People got a job to do, they tend to live a little bit longer so they can do it. I've always figured that warriors and their enemies share the same relationship. So, now that you're not gonna have to play for the Sabres no more on the battlefield, which "R" you filled with? Relief … or regret?
Leino: A little bit of both.
Murray: horse****. I'm sure you do feel a little bit of both. But I know damn well that you feel one more than you feel the other. And the question was, which one is it?
Leino: ....... Regret.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
CapGeek ‏@capgeek · 13m
#Sabres will have lowest cap payroll in the league following Leino buyout — just $34.4M for 15 players. Can spend $4.585M per opening (based on a $71.1M cap)

CapGeek ‏@capgeek · 17m
#Sabres 30th-ranked cap payroll of $34.4M is actually $4.6M lower than the 29th-ranked #Flames. No other team below $40M right now.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I wish I could muster energy to care about this move, but I stopped caring about Lame-o long ago. He sucks, we suck, who cares.

Dunkster19

May 3, 2013
CapGeek ‏@capgeek · 13m
#Sabres will have lowest cap payroll in the league following Leino buyout — just $34.4M for 15 players. Can spend $4.585M per opening (based on a $71.1M cap)

CapGeek ‏@capgeek · 17m
#Sabres 30th-ranked cap payroll of $34.4M is actually $4.6M lower than the 29th-ranked #Flames. No other team below $40M right now.

Need to payout some money. Trade for and over pay ROR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad