Prospect Info: Ville Husso (2014 Draft - 94 Overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
There might be some truth this will be Hude's last season in here Finland. NA is next.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Could use Binnington as a sweetener in a deal if need be. Lots could happen.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I'd be surprised if he didn't beat out one or both. Possibly loaning the odd man out to an unaffiliated club in the AHL could be an option as well, iirc.

It's an AHL rule that teams have to be affiliated with an NHL team so there's no such thing as an unaffiliated AHL team anymore.

The goalie situation should be very interesting. I project Husso as being the best of him, Copley and Binnington so I'd really like to see him play in N.A. next season...and don't really want t to be the ECHL. It's quite the logjam though and finding teams to loan out players to is easier said than done as they have their own prospects likely taking up those spots.

Nilsson is an interesting case as well. Logic would suggest that they simply let him go given the glut of goalies but at the same time, he's a pending RFA and Army doesn't like to give away assets for free. Perhaps he tries to trade his rights? Nilsson seems beyond the AHL level (and we have a huge glut there already anyway) but he'd only make sense as a backup if one of Allen/Elliott were traded...which I would find surprising.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
In Nilsson's case, alot of him rides on Elliott's ability to return from injury. Hypothetically if he plays in the playoffs and is lights out. Regardless of how deep the Blues make it, there can be a demand for his services as a number 1. He could be trade bait for the draft and keep Nilsson cheap as the backup until one of the kids in the AHL or Husso shows he is ready.

wloff

May 25, 2013
It's okay guys, we'll gladly keep him in HIFK for one more year. :nod:

As an update: tonight Husso stopped stopped 16/17 shots against arguably the best team in the league, and helped IFK just about clinch the regular season win. With 3 games to go in the regular season, Ville is #1 in the league in SV% and #2 in GAA (92.78% & 1.93) out of the goalies with more than 20 games.

Very much looking forward to seeing him in the playoffs - post-season games are the one thing he isn't really proven in yet.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

As an update: tonight Husso stopped stopped 16/17 shots against arguably the best team in the league, and helped IFK just about clinch the regular season win. With 3 games to go in the regular season, Ville is #1 in the league in SV% and #2 in GAA (92.78% & 1.93) out of the goalies with more than 20 games.

Very much looking forward to seeing him in the playoffs - post-season games are the one thing he isn't really proven in yet.

That's great. Would love to see him in the AHL next year, but that might not be too realistic. You'll probably get another year out of him :)

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

I wanna add this regular season win is HIFK franchise first one.

That's great. Would love to see him in the AHL next year, but that might not be too realistic. You'll probably get another year out of him :)

:popcorn:

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I wanna add this regular season win is HIFK franchise first one.

:popcorn:

I'm not really sure what you mean by this. I didn't mean he wasn't capable of playing in the AHL next season. We just don't have any room with Copley and Binnington.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm not really sure what you mean by this. I didn't mean he wasn't capable of playing in the AHL next season. We just don't have any room with Copley and Binnington.

But that doesn't mean he can't come NA if he's ready. I don't think Army would tell him go back to Finland if Hude would beat both of Binnignton and Copley at coming summer camp?

There will be room for Hude. Trade most likely Binnington or Copley or send one of down ECHL. Idk, but some moves will be happend to give Hude room for join in AHL.

wloff

May 25, 2013
There will be room for Hude.

By the way, I'm sure no one was wondering, but his nickname "Hude" is pronounced "who-deh", not "hood".

Although, come to think of it, Hood would be a pretty kick-ass nickname too.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Personally if Binnington and Copley (and even Nilsson) return for next year, I don't see a point in bringing Husso over. That could change if one of those above goalies is traded. But I think playing over in Europe would be better than playing here in the ECHL or getting limited time in the AHL.

Maybe I'm underestimating how good he's been, and I guess he could take the job of those two.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Personally if Binnington and Copley (and even Nilsson) return for next year, I don't see a point in bringing Husso over. That could change if one of those above goalies is traded. But I think playing over in Europe would be better than playing here in the ECHL or getting limited time in the AHL.

Maybe I'm underestimating how good he's been, and I guess he could take the job of those two.

If Husso is ready to take the top AHL job, then one of the 3 best Blues' prospect goaltenders could possibly be loaned to an unaffiliated AHL team, or AHL team with an NHL affiliate, which hasn't sent a high-quality AHL-level goaltender.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
If Husso is ready to take the top AHL job, then one of the 3 best Blues' prospect goaltenders could possibly be loaned to an unaffiliated AHL team, or AHL team with an NHL affiliate, which hasn't sent a high-quality AHL-level goaltender.
Or we could trade one.

But I agree with the basic premise. Get Husso over to the US to start acclimating.

With Allen and Elliot having contracts up after next year we need a succession plan or at the very least know if we have the pieces to assemble one quickly.

wloff

May 25, 2013
5th shutout of the season for Husso as HIFK crushed Ässät 7-0 in their final home game of the regular season.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Finnish Elite Leagues regular season finished tonight.
Here's Ville Husso's stats in regular season 2015-2016.

http://liiga.fi/pelaajat/24349815/husso-ville
Husso was FEL's top goalie in wins (25) and lowest allowed goals. Husso allowed 1,91 goals per game.

Playoffs in FEL starts next Friday (March 18).
What comes to next season if / when St Louis doesn't have spot for Husso in AHL.

Would be possible St Louis sing him 3yrs ELC contract.
And Husso plays a season or two in HIFK yes that burns 2 yrs his ELC.
But maybe that's better than playing in ECHL or getting traded other NHL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad