Ville de Québec Part VI:VE le Quebec Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB52

Apr 6, 2012
Quebec City
Not really. GB never said it was over in Atlanta. Instead he just popped up in Winnipeg to announce the sale of the team.

Come on! Do you really believe that GB can really hold a press conference tomorrow in Quebec city:

"We're sorry Glendale, but we're moving the team to Quebec City"

Things need to happen! Jamison needs to say is not buying the team, or Daly has to say they're now looking at plan B. Don't waste your time looking at plane, when GB held a press conference last year, everybody knew what he would say.

JB52

Apr 6, 2012
Quebec City
And, if I may add, all that Daly said for the moment is:

"We have to look at and evaluate the complaint to see what, if any, impact it will have on the NHL moving forward," said NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly. "We obviously share Glendale's desire to proceed as previously contemplated."

It might be a beginning, but other things need to be said first. (Like: "Too bad Glendale")

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Come on! Do you really believe that GB can really hold a press conference tomorrow in Quebec city:

"We're sorry Glendale, but we're moving the team to Quebec City"

Things need to happen! Jamison needs to say is not buying the team, or Daly has to say they're now looking at plan B. Don't waste your time looking at plane, when GB held a press conference last year, everybody knew what he would say.

No. GB isn't just going to pop up in Quebec City tomorrow.

But don't expect him to show up in Glendale to announce anything. Based on Atlanta, the league will move very quickly to try and pretend that the Phoenix Coyotes never existed, and will offer little in the way of apologies to the Phoenix fans.

Shawa666

May 25, 2010
Québec, Qc, Ca
No. GB isn't just going to pop up in Quebec City tomorrow.

But don't expect him to show up in Glendale to announce anything. Based on Atlanta, the league will move very quickly to try and pretend that the Phoenix Coyotes never existed, and will offer little in the way of apologies to the Phoenix fans.

And IIRC, The Thrashers organisation was selling season tickets even after the move was announced.

Warhead77

Jets4Life
Jun 28, 2011
The River City
It is my belief that neither Daley or Bettman will be in Glendale when/if they decide to pull the plug on the Yotes.

Bettman will simply issue a statement to the media on the Coyotes demise and then show up in Quebec not too long afterward.

When such a thing would happen is anyone's guess.

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
Quebec mayor today on TV on the DeBellevalle case

"I immediatly called Mr Bettman to tell him the court rejected DeBellevalle's motion". Labeaume said that, for the NHL, this motion was an handicap to Quebec city's chances of landing a team.

MMmmmmmmmM! I LOVE THIS!

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Quebec mayor today on TV on the DeBellevalle case

"I immediatly called Mr Bettman to tell him the court rejected DeBellevalle's motion". Labeaume said that, for the NHL, this motion was an handicap to Quebec city's chances of landing a team.

MMmmmmmmmM! I LOVE THIS!
If all that is true, it doesn't sound to positive for a move this year. Afterall I would have thought the deal would have been done in principle and just waiting for Glendale's deal to blowup. Sounds like nothing has been done in Quebec. Wouldn't the prospective owner from Quebec inform Bettman of this apparent roadblock being lifted? Have they started digging yet?

Last edited:

tadiran

Jun 7, 2010
Quebec city
If all that is true, it doesn't sound to positive for a move this year. Afterall I would have thought the deal would have been done in principle and just waiting for Glendale's deal to blowup. Sounds like nothing has been done in Quebec. Have they started digging yet?

We start digging in september !

Last edited:

JB52

Apr 6, 2012
Quebec City
No, I agree, he's not going to go in Glendale, he would risk to get tomatoes thrown on his nice suit, but I think we haven’t reach the critical point where we need to check for airplanes yet.

We're easy to get excited in Quebec. It makes me think of that time where Jacques Demers said at 8, that he was disappointed by the news concerning the Kostistyn, by 10 the news was that they would be arrested at the airport, around midnight they were suppose to be arrested for murder and at the end, well, the news was that they had a friend, who maybe, was in the mafia.

Last edited:

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
It is my belief that neither Daley or Bettman will be in Glendale when/if they decide to pull the plug on the Yotes.

Bettman will simply issue a statement to the media on the Coyotes demise and then show up in Quebec not too long afterward.

When such a thing would happen is anyone's guess.
Tomorrow it Friday not a bad day to give bad news to peoples. Say a press release in the morning by the NHL office to announce the death of the Coyotes and quick flight to Qc for an afternoon press conference season tickets are sold by Saturday morning. I think no matter when they decide to pull the plug it can be done under 24 hours because everything is ready to roll for sometime now.

JB52

Apr 6, 2012
Quebec City
If all that is true, it doesn't sound to positive for a move this year. Afterall I would have thought the deal would have been done in principle and just waiting for Glendale's deal to blowup. Sounds like nothing has been done in Quebec. Wouldn't the prospective owner from Quebec inform Bettman of this apparent roadblock being lifted? Have they started digging yet?

I agree with Stix, it's awful news. It means that GB still needed to be convinced, that he had no intention of moving the franchise.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
I agree with Stix, it's awful news. It means that GB still needed to be convinced, that he had no intention of moving the franchise.
They never admit it but the NHL likely got a deal in place with Quebecor for sometime now. They be fools not to otherwise PKP could clean them up if they really have to move at the last moment. This mean that whatever everything look rushed when it finally goes down it will likely just be made to look that way.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
They never admit it but the NHL likely got a deal in place with Quebecor for sometime now. They be fools not to otherwise PKP could clean them up if they really have to move at the last moment. This mean that whatever everything look rushed when it finally goes down it will likely just be made to look that way.

You don't think the Mayor would know PKP had a deal ready to go? Even if PKP was just in preliminary negotiations with Bettman, wouldn't the Mayor know? Why wouldn't the Mayor leave it to the PKP people to inform Bettman?

Matrix78

May 23, 2010
Quebec City
You don't think the Mayor would know PKP had a deal ready to go? Even if PKP was just in preliminary negotiations with Bettman, wouldn't the Mayor know? Why wouldn't the Mayor leave it to the PKP people to inform Bettman?

I think QcBlizzard is wrong...

Labeaume said he talked with PKP about who will inform Bettman... I didn't hear Labeaume saying HE was the one who called Bettman.
He said he would make sure that Bettman is aware

Nordskull

WAITING FOR NORDS
Sep 29, 2011
Saguenay, Qc
I think QcBlizzard is wrong...

Labeaume said he talked with PKP about who will inform Bettman... I didn't hear Labeaume saying HE was the one who called Bettman.
He said he would make sure that Bettman is aware

I did not listen personnaly. I read this somewhere else.

Just tired to wait. It may mean nothing. It could. It's now over. Bad news?

Come on, plan B is in place.

Merci*

I did not listen personnaly. I read this somewhere else.

Just tired to wait. It may mean nothing. It could. It's now over. Bad news?

Come on, plan B is in place.

The article on Radio Canada website wrote the mayor made reference to people not understanding how much pressure this caused but didnt reference Bettman or PKP.

Material Defender

Mar 22, 2011

If I was PKP, not sure I would have told Mr Labeaume. We know the guy... :welcome::towel::party::pcheer:

;)

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !

If you had our mayor, he's the last person you would wanna tell that you are negotiating with Peladeau behind closed doors. He's the kind of guy that can't keep it shut, but we love him like that.

Edit : Well, MD beat me to it by a lot.

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
No, I agree, he's not going to go in Glendale, he would risk to get tomatoes thrown on his nice suit, but I think we haven’t reach the critical point where we need to check for airplanes yet.

We're easy to get excited in Quebec. It makes me think of that time where Jacques Demers said at 8, that he was disappointed by the news concerning the Kostistyn, by 10 the news was that they would be arrested at the airport, around midnight they were suppose to be arrested for murder and at the end, well, the news was that they had a friend, who maybe, was in the mafia.

Hell, we have a 2 runway airport. Not like planes are hard to miss. They all come in from N-East and East, the airport being completely N-W they all flyover about 3/4 of the city and private planes all come thru the hearth of Sainte-Foy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad