Ville de Québec - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
This is what i fear ATM.

The yotes won't trade these pending UFAs.

A) Because they are in a PO race and maybe even on orders from above,they are not allowed to risk the loss of the very wanted $.

It surely should not be for those fans, should the organization not be doing the right thing for the next city?

Look, it's not like this is a small list of useless players , screwing this up could set the franchise back a fair bit. And for what? possibly a couple of more bucks in the leagues pocket?

NO, they have to do whats right for the team now, and now they are in a playoff race. There arent many fans in Phoenix, but there are fans that the league must respect. We might hvae to rebuild for a few years. That would be the best time to do it at the beginning of the franchise while they play at the Colisée. Rebuilding teams means low salaries, which makes senses at the beginnning. Who knows, maybe next year we will be in the running for Mackinnon

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
No no non.

Bob Hartley have a very bad reputation for players relationship. In this century, you have to listen to them and talk to them, look at Bylsma.

Forget about Roy. He is too emotive and mostly against and sceptical about NHL in Qc city. The LHJMQ is at his knees. Won't be the same with NHL. The first week, he will get pissed off at umpires. Remember Bergeron?

TIPPETT TIPPETT!

How in the world you can look for somebody else! He made awesome things with players who were always wondering if they had to look for a new house, new school for kids etc....

TIPPETT TIPPETT!

I don't care a second about his french. TIPPETT!

I would not mind if Tippett is our first coach, but this summer he must learn french, maybe living in a Saguenay household would do it!! :sarcasm: This guy has done wonders. Has for Maloney the GM, i dont like his trade trackrecord. And what happened to all those offensive top prospect they use to have. He traded a lot of them away

beenhereandthere

Jan 30, 2012
Evergray State
This is Quebecor though, their intent in wanting to buy the Habs was to put as much french in place like when Serge Savard was GM to bring back the glorydays of the Habs. So expect a french wave with a huge marketing push on the Nords being the team for Quebecois as opposed to the Habs, if you catch by drift. ;).

How come I got crap on the last thread for other posters when I pointed this out and a lot of you all said this won't be an issue at all with the (hypothetical) new franchise? This just validated me.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
How come I got crap on the last thread for other posters when I pointed this out and a lot of you all said this won't be an issue at all with the (hypothetical) new franchise? This just validated me.

Its one man's opinion, it wont be a big issue. I think the biggest issue now, is wheter Seattle can get an arena confirmesd before its too late for the Coyotes....

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
It's a ways in the future, but was just thinking about your potential AHL affiliate should you guys land the Coyotes.

Currently, the Portland Pirates are the Yotes' AHL affiliate and, as luck would have it, they're currently the closest (from what I can tell) AHL team to Quebec City. Would you guys want to keep Portland as your affiliate moving forward, or would you somehow prefer to switch affiliations with a different (more distant) team or wait until another AHL team goes up for sale and move them either closer or elsewhere in Canada?

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
It's a ways in the future, but was just thinking about your potential AHL affiliate should you guys land the Coyotes.

Currently, the Portland Pirates are the Yotes' AHL affiliate and, as luck would have it, they're currently the closest (from what I can tell) AHL team to Quebec City. Would you guys want to keep Portland as your affiliate moving forward, or would you somehow prefer to switch affiliations with a different (more distant) team or wait until another AHL team goes up for sale and move them either closer or elsewhere in Canada?

Didn't the mayor of Trois-Rivières suggest that they might be looking at replacing the Colisée in the hopes of attracting the Nordiques farm team?

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011

It does not matter to me. Portland being close is a good spot.

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Didn't the mayor of Trois-Rivières suggest that they might be looking at replacing the Colisée in the hopes of attracting the Nordiques farm team?

Not that clearly, but the new arena is still in the project state. The LHJMQ is refusing to put a team there in response to the mayor demand. They might look at alternatives and AHL could be a possibility, especially if Laval's gets the Bulldogs

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Not that clearly, but the new arena is still in the project state. The LHJMQ is refusing to put a team there in response to the mayor demand. They might look at alternatives and AHL could be a possibility, especially if Laval's gets the Bulldogs

Hmm. I'd definitely like to take another trip to Trois-Rivières, and while I'd prefer to see an Olympiques game there, an AHL game would be fun too!

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Said most likely,but didn't say a move is 90% sure (rolling eyes).
My prediction, thanks to the lockout that will most likely go down, they will play 1 more year in Phoenix.

I doubt it, the owners will lose money enought with a lock-out, they dont want to pay for additional losses of owning the Coyotes

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011

Aye, if we're going to bring the Nords back to Quebec we gotta bring the Citadels back to Halifax.:yo:

beenhereandthere

Jan 30, 2012
Evergray State
I doubt it, the owners will lose money enought with a lock-out, they dont want to pay for additional losses of owning the Coyotes

Less games = less expenses.
No lockout, with CBA signed before July, then, neutrally speaking, I predict they will be in QC next year (I honestly hope not though).

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Less games = less expenses.

Still there are massive cost of just owning a franchise even without players salary. there is all the management part, scouting, minors league teams etc... I am certain that this is the last month of the Coyotes in Phoenix. In the next few months, the NHl has to decide wheter it is Quebec or Seattle

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
The CBC play by play guy and Greg Millen endorse Quebec City has an NHL city... the good weekend continues for us!!! :yo:

dronald

Mar 4, 2011
Hamilton, ON
Ugh, come on people we still need to remember that Glendale has to agree to pony up another 25 million to keep the team there for one more year knowing full well that they would be gone a year after anyways. The team is gone this year unless they find an owner, that's a given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad