Prospect Info: Viktor Svedberg

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Seen him a couple of times in the SEL this past season and he's been pretty ok, still needs to grow into his body but if he ever does he should be a pretty solid shutdown d-man who with a bit of luck could turn out a real gem, better suited for the NA game than the SEL as well.
You also have to remember that these massive guys usually take their time to develop. Chara didn't exactly scream superstar his first couple of seasons in the NHL.
Very true. If he does develop, the Hawks have a major gem. Most big or huge guys compensate by having excellent positioning since skating will always be an issue, especially at that size.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Hjalmarrsson is a very good skater. May be able skate backwards around Svedberg.

Svedberg Elite Prospects -

Not saying whomever wrote up the description for Elite is definitive however you would think anyone 6'9" has skating issues.

Yeah, don't think anything you just posted contradicted what I posted.

Didn't say he could skate as well as Hammer, just that they play a similar style, thought that was clear.

"A two-way defenseman in the Swedish junior league, but likely to develop into a more defensive minded type of player in the future."
"decent enough positioning"
"Plays the body to some extent"
"Pretty active stick."

He's very raw but keeps improving and it will be interesting to see him on NA ice.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Svedberg

There's only 1 Chara. The guy is pretty mean and has a massive shot as well. I don't know anything about this kid, but the big kids need more time to get their coordination down. Hopefully, he'll show enough in prospect camp to keep the Hawks interested.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Posted this in the Prospects thread but I came away really impressed with what I saw of him. As I said in that thread, it was one session, and a practice session at that, so a small sample size but I was impressed with how well he skated and how smooth his hands and feet both were for a guy so big and so young. He moves really well for a guy that tall. He's still lanky, which is to be expected for a kid his age and you expect he'd grow into his body a bit and fill out. I'm really interested to see him in real game action Wednesday. In the game-situation type drills today he was doing very well. He's not overly physical but his positioning is very good and he knows how to use his body effectively. With his wing span and stick length he's a major pain to try and get around and with his skating ability it makes it even tougher. Definitely look forward to Wednesday and see how he is during real game play. I'm intrigued by him, to say the least.

weber32*

Viktor svedberg

I saw this player , and with a power skating programm he will be a very good player for hawks .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad