Value of: Viktor Rask to Bos

staalgood

Jan 13, 2014
Raleigh, NC
What about Rask for Rask? The Bruins actually save cap space in this deal and the Canes add another Finn at a huge area of need. We might even include Mrazek if you need a goalie back.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Victor Rask isn't one ounce a lesser player offensively compared to Derek Ryan (who just go $10 million over 3 years) and he is much better defensively.

Rask's Relative GF% over the past 3 years: +4.07%, +4.74%, +5.98% (2017-18)

Another easy analysis would be Elias Lindholm vs. Victor Rask.

Past 3 years of stats (5v5):

5v5 StatsAgeGPGAPtsPts/60P1/60CF%GF%Rel GF%
Victor Rask252333441751.451.0350.5494.86
Elias Lindholm232352351741.41.095344.4-2.67
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Not sure how you conclude he "failed miserably when given top mins". Rask is a 45+ point middle-6 C when healthy. Those players get paid about $4 million.

glad my team didn't get stuck paying derek ryan. we learnt our lesson paying chris Kelly. that one bit us on the rear end. we avoided paying riley nash because we learnt our leasson

or some of us did. if we wanted to pay 4 mill for a guy like this that can score 40 points with top 6 icetime we had one right in house we could have had for less than that

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I put no belief in the post after this part.

for what its worth he was very high on Carolina... loved their defense... loved their forwards... and he actually praised victor rask

pointing out that the team had plenty of cap space and rask could end up being a very good 4th liner

im just saying... that's scary crap to hear from a pov of the bruins... up against the cap... taking on this contract

let Carolina enjoy their 4 mill 4th liner with the impressive analytics. let boston suffer miserably without him

we will simply have to fill our need for 3rd line center with someone much better and cheaper.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
for what its worth he was very high on Carolina... loved their defense... loved their forwards... and he actually praised victor rask

pointing out that the team had plenty of cap space and rask could end up being a very good 4th liner

im just saying... that's scary crap to hear from a pov of the bruins... up against the cap... taking on this contract

let Carolina enjoy their 4 mill 4th liner with the impressive analytics. let boston suffer miserably without him

we will simply have to fill our need for 3rd line center with someone much better and cheaper.

I understand. Just swing by Centers R Us on your way home from work. And don't forget your 20% off coupon!

Seriously though, Rask has been playing hurt for a while and just had shoulder surgery. How long it had been going on and how much it might have affected his play over the past 2 seasons is unknown to us peons in Carolina. Yes, he does carry risk at this point, and if I were another team I wouldn't give up much for him at $4m per, either. But from a Canes perspective, I wouldn't retain $2m on him in a trade. My risk/reward calculations tell me that at that price it would make more sense to retain him to see if he bounces back. If he can get back to where he was 2 seasons ago he's going to be a bargain at $4m per.

Having said that, with Lindholm gone I don't see the Canes dealing Rask prior to the season unless we bring in another center. Gotta see how Necas does and how Rask bounces back from surgery, which could greatly effect his value. But if we were dealing Rask at this point, I'd say retaining $1m or so would be about right to make his risk/ reward quotient attractive to other teams. Others will of course do their own calculations.

All of the above would obviously depend on the in depth medical info that teams would have but which we only know as "upper body".

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad