Value of: Viktor Arvidsson

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Curious what the cost of acquiring Arvidsson would be? 3 more seasons after this one at 4.25 million. Having a rough season, but value is still there after showing he can be a consistent goal threat in past seasons.

This is strictly a thread to gauge his value.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
One of the best ES goal scorers in the entire league prior to the dirty crosscheck/hiring the worst coach in the NHL. Not a great last 60ish games though, regardless of the potential excuses. I'd agree that a 1st and a good prospect should be the minimum.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Conner Zary and our 2021 first. Flames need him.
Flames don't offer that for Arvidsson. Maybe if its Arvidsson and Tomasino. 40 point pace last year and a 36 point pace this year....not trending in the right direction. Predators fans will point out his totals in season 3, 4 and 5 years ago but at the end of the day, his most recent body of work hasn't been very good. He's getting out produced by Mangiapane the last 2 seasons

TK

Feb 26, 2019
That's an overpayment, but Nashville won't say no.

Is it? I guess if Arvidsson is only what he is today, in John Hynes system where everyone but Forsberg mostly stinks. If he's anywhere close to the top tier even strength goal scorer he was from 2016-2019...

He still has 3 more seasons left on his contract at a very reasonable cap hit, he's certainly not what his numbers show this season. He's a career 11.5% shooter, but he's at 3.3 this season.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Is it? I guess if Arvidsson is only what he is today, in John Hynes system where everyone but Forsberg mostly stinks. If he's anywhere close to the top tier even strength goal scorer he was from 2016-2019...

He still has 3 more seasons left on his contract at a very reasonable cap hit, he's certainly not as bad as his numbers show. He's a career 11.5% shooter, but he's at 3.3 this season.

He will definitely improve with a new team/coach but I don't see how he gets a teams best prospect and a 1st right now.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
He will definitely improve with a new team/coach but I don't see how he gets a teams best prospect and a 1st right now.

He has 3 full seasons left on his contract, he's far from a rental. And Zary was the 24th overall last year, he's played well in a few AHL games, but it's not like he's a top notch can't miss prospect or something. Rentals pull a 1st + a decent prospect, I'd expect better for Arvidsson or just keep him and wait for the rebound after Hynes is gone.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
He has 3 full seasons left on his contract, he's far from a rental. And Zary was the 24th overall last year, he's played well in a few AHL games, but it's not like he's a top notch can't miss prospect or something. Rentals pull a 1st + a decent prospect, I'd expect better for Arvidsson or just keep him and wait for the rebound after Hynes is gone.
Like I said earlier, if you want a 1st + Zary, it better be Arvidsson + Tomasino coming back. I don't see how Arvidsson is worth much more than a 1st, tending toward his 2nd consecutive sub .5 PPG season.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
Like I said earlier, if you want a 1st + Zary, it better be Arvidsson + Tomasino coming back. I don't see how Arvidsson is worth much more than a 1st, tending toward his 2nd consecutive sub .5 PPG season.

Neat, like I said earlier, I disagree. But thanks for repeating yourself, I guess, now it's really clear how you feel. If you post it once more in reply to this, I think everyone would be able to fully grasp your thoughts.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
The question (aside from value) is twofold for the Flames if those goes through. How do they make the salary work, and is Arvidsson the piece that makes them cup contenders? Salary wise 4.5 isn't a whole lot to fit in but there isn't someone expendable in the top 12 that could reasonably be moved unless Bennett is involved, but even then the salary doesn't entirely work out this year and next. Furthermore, the Flames are a flawed team and adding Arvidsson doesn't push them over the edge to become cup contenders. Trading a 1st and Zary (flames best current centre prospect despite Ruzicka being on a hot streak) is shortsighted since in the longterm Zary and that first would supply the depth that a team like the Flames need with their current cap set-up

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Neat, like I said earlier, I disagree. But thanks for repeating yourself, I guess, now it's really clear how you feel. If you post it once more in reply to this, I think everyone would be able to fully grasp your thoughts.
You're more than welcome to your own opinion but if its ridiculous and you write it on a public forum, you can fully expect to be called on it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Tbh I'd be pretty open on Arvy. If I got a really good prospect I could handle something like a 3rd instead of a first. In that case the prospect is what you are after, not the pick.

TK

Feb 26, 2019
You're more than welcome to your own opinion but if its ridiculous and you write it on a public forum, you can fully expect to be called on it.

Replies that are constructive are great, essential to any conversation. Replies that say virtually the exact same thing as the post you made about 4 comments above? Not as much. It's one thing to reiterate yourself and add something new, but why quote me and repeat yourself? I'm quite capable of reading all of the, to that point, 9 or 10 short comments in the thread.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
If Nashville trades Arvidsson right now, whoever gets him is getting a bargain. Bad luck + awful coaching are skewing his numbers. He passes the eye test, but is just so snakebit.

3.3% shooting percentage, normally ~12%
96 PDO, normally 100
7th in the league in shots on goal
decreased PP usage

It might take a coaching change or a trade, but he'll break out of this slump and return to a 30/60 pace

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Tomasino is a better prospect than Zary so we're essentially trading Arvidsson for less than a first at that point.
Maybe but its a lot closer than a 1st, from a team that not even in a playoff spot and Zary is for Arvidsson.

Ledge And Dairy

Yeah that is too much. I get that Arvidsson may be struggling under the issues with the coaching but you cant just assume he will rebound to a 30/30 player. Calgary also can't afford him atm and would need to send cap back. Highest I would offer is Ruzicka/Phillips/Kuznetsov + top 10 protected 1st + Bennett (for cap and change of scenery)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00