Recalled/Assigned: Viktor Arvidsson Recalled On "Emergency Basis"

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
I saw where Wilson left practice early yesterday, so i imagine that this is directly related.
Hopefully just precautionary, but it only makes sense.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I saw where Wilson left practice early yesterday, so i imagine that this is directly related.
Hopefully just precautionary, but it only makes sense.

Players on loan to an affiliated league may be recalled without waivers under emergency conditions, established when injury, illness or suspensions result in the availability of fewer than two goalkeepers, six defensemen and twelve forwards. Players recalled under emergency conditions must be returned as soon as the emergency is over.

Its not precautionary The best guess Wilson is down for tomorrow night at least.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Players on loan to an affiliated league may be recalled without waivers under emergency conditions, established when injury, illness or suspensions result in the availability of fewer than two goalkeepers, six defensemen and twelve forwards. Players recalled under emergency conditions must be returned as soon as the emergency is over.

Its not precautionary The best guess Wilson is down for tomorrow night at least.
Ugh, we're going to lose to freaking Buffalo, aren't we?

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
What a year for this kid. Gets drafted as an undersized 21 year old, leads Milwaukee points (by large margin), top 10 in league scoring, #1 in rookie scoring. Now getting an NHL game. What a story.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
I'm really pulling for this kid. He plays an exciting game but I'm expecting him to be pretty reserved for now.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.

We're beyond the trade deadline so it's roster expansion time .... Arvidsson isn't exposed to waivers ... calling it under emergency conditions is really unnecessary.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
We're beyond the trade deadline so it's roster expansion time .... Arvidsson isn't exposed to waivers ... calling it under emergency conditions is really unnecessary.

Even with the roster expansion.

Nashville, Tenn. (March 20, 2015) – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced Friday that the Predators have recalled forward Viktor Arvidsson from Milwaukee (AHL) under emergency conditions. He will wear No. 38.

The condition of the call up was added, You and I both know those words do mean something.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Even with the roster expansion.

Nashville, Tenn. (March 20, 2015) – Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced Friday that the Predators have recalled forward Viktor Arvidsson from Milwaukee (AHL) under emergency conditions. He will wear No. 38.

The condition of the call up was added, You and I both know those words do mean something.

In this case the phrase is completely unnecessary.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
In this case the phrase is completely unnecessary.

I agree but like the knot on my head its there. And was placed there by DP who will not even let us know if Neal has a hangnail or has had a sucking chest wound. Round and round and round we go.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Please, skate him with the big boys, not Hook. Put him with FF and Ribs; Put VS with Fish and Smitty. Santo has been a black-hole where the O goes to die - he's the perfect twin to Hook - put him there.

Who knows, maybe the kid looks good, not overwhelmed, and we find a piece that can actually score a goal to skate opposite VS on the 3rd for the POs.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Please, skate him with the big boys, not Hook. Put him with FF and Ribs; Put VS with Fish and Smitty. Santo has been a black-hole where the O goes to die - he's the perfect twin to Hook - put him there.

Who knows, maybe the kid looks good, not overwhelmed, and we find a piece that can actually score a goal to skate opposite VS on the 3rd for the POs.

I agree and think the guy has a shot at making the team out of camp next year so theres NOTHING to lose to see what he can do.

van22

May 25, 2014
A team can only have 4 regular recalls (despite the roster expansion) but there is an unlimited number of emergency recalls. So if the recall is due to injury then it makes sense to invoke the emergency conditions otherwise it limits unnecessarily the team's flexibility for further recalls.

So it is definitely bad news that he got recalled under emergency conditions.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
A team can only have 4 regular recalls (despite the roster expansion) but there is an unlimited number of emergency recalls. So if the recall is due to injury then it makes sense to invoke the emergency conditions otherwise it limits unnecessarily the team's flexibility for further recalls.

And there is the clarification... Thanks

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
So excited to see him get a game up here. Reading post-draft scouting reports, I immediately thought we could have something here, and his AHL performance has only confirmed my hopes.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
I wouldn't mind seeing him with Stålberg. They seemed to have good chemistry in MIL and Stålberg has looked pretty good this go around. That combo would probably end up being centered by Calle though, which may not be a bad thing.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005

With ten games left .... it won't matter.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Swedish Mafia line ? :dunno:

Arvidsson has the speed to keep up with Stålberg and they showed chemistry in MIL. Calle can keep up with them and be defensively responsible. If Stålberg keeps using his big frame and speed and if Arvidsson plays like we think he can then Calle might finally find his offensive game again.

All I know is if Arvidsson scores he better pull out celly of the year. We need another player that brings excitement to the crowd and his celebrations in Sweden were epic... but might get him punched in the face in NA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad