(VIDEO) NEW, Talbot & Yakupov

BOUNCE

Jul 22, 2007
Edmonton
Yak is goofy awesome person but its a make it or break it year for him. He needs to bring it on the ice every game or this will be his last season as an Oiler. I really hope that he can find some chemistry with RNH/Mcdavid

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Nail just seems like a extremely genuine person.
I don't know how anyone could cheer against the kid.
He must have great parents.

One of my friends has season tickets and his seats are across from where the Yakupovs sit occasionally (Yak's mom was living here for his rookie season, his dad bounced back and forth from Russia). His dad appears very stoic and stern, watched the entire game with his arms crossed, didn't show much emotion either way. My guess is that is where Yak gets his work ethic from.

Yak's mom is the exact opposite. She was dancing every time the music played during stoppages. She caught a bag of chips that they toss out some times during stoppages, gave it to the kid behind her. The best part was when she was looking at the Oilers bench during stoppages (keep in mind we're half an arena away, behind the oppositions net for 1st and 3rd) and trying to wave to her son, as though this is still minor hockey and an arena with just a collection of parents. Just seemed so genuine and down to earth. Undoubtedly where Yak gets his personality from.

danielduperron

Sep 2, 2015
Amazing!

Guy`s thank you so much for the yakupov support and also for really speaking up on this thread... Can`t explain how much it means to me.

Yakupov is a really special person. You can see in this video he acts himself and really shines. Man, He has a good heart and I just love this team.

I really love this team like I would love a person in my family. Edmonton is family.

I`m also really liking Talbot too, Hes such a great guy as well and hes humble too. He knows he has a lot of work ahead of him.

Mcdavid on the other hand is a great kid too, I think he so trained how to act with media that he doesn't really open up a huge amount when being interviewed as much as some other guys (Which is a smart thing but I`m sure some of us would want to see him open up in interviews a bit more) but I saw him practice and playing with the team and I realized he looks like he is really enjoying being in Edmonton.

I`m glad that mcdavid is really going to be welcomed so well in Edmonton like he has already.

He played amazing today in the rookie game, I was jumping out my seat :D.

Last edited:

danielduperron

Sep 2, 2015
One of my friends has season tickets and his seats are across from where the Yakupovs sit occasionally (Yak's mom was living here for his rookie season, his dad bounced back and forth from Russia). His dad appears very stoic and stern, watched the entire game with his arms crossed, didn't show much emotion either way. My guess is that is where Yak gets his work ethic from.

Yak's mom is the exact opposite. She was dancing every time the music played during stoppages. She caught a bag of chips that they toss out some times during stoppages, gave it to the kid behind her. The best part was when she was looking at the Oilers bench during stoppages (keep in mind we're half an arena away, behind the oppositions net for 1st and 3rd) and trying to wave to her son, as though this is still minor hockey and an arena with just a collection of parents. Just seemed so genuine and down to earth. Undoubtedly where Yak gets his personality from.

Yeah yak`s parents seem great just by the sound of it. Yakupov is really awesome for edmonton, I really want to see him play to his potential because he has tons of it and not just that but Improve massively on Defense. With Todd, There will be improvements for sure.

I`m super excited as well to see cam talbot start in Net. I have a feeling his is going to shock some people and do better then some may think.

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
Oh if his family was from Moose Jaw he'd have so much more slack and the Eastern Media wouldn't be dumpiing on him.

Same reason why Ovechkin can go almost ppg and can get criticized in the playoffs yet Stamkos gets 1 pt in the SCF and nobody says peep.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I live out east, so I get that a lot. My favourite is hearing how he's selfish and my responding with one of the numerous stories about Yakupov going above and beyond to be selfless. I always get a "oh...........well his celebration just rubs me the wrong way okay!!"

As for the hate; I actually agree that among our fanbase there are very few who question his character these days (though it certainly happened in his rookie years). The "hate" referred to comes 1. from other fanbases (see above) and 2. the heated debates on how much potential he has and how much of his disappointing play so far is on him. Let's not get into that here. This thread is about how great of a gesture this is by Talbot and Yakupov.

It's brutal being an Oilers fan in Ontario.

"Didn't you guys ruin all of your other 1st overall picks? Hall and Nugent-Hopkins are busts!"

"How did you get the 1st pick 6 years in a row!?"

"You need young defensemen too!" (Nurse, Klefbom, Reinhart...?)

danielduperron

Sep 2, 2015
In-case No one has seen the video Yet

Here it is Guy`s.

I watched yakupov at the Pre-season Game Yesterday and he was fast, had some scoring chances and he should of got a assist on that Leon/Mcdavid Goal/Pass.

I really feel yakupov will do better this season.

FINALLY we have a REAL coach with todd!

GO OILERS!

Btw did you guy`s see that Darnel Nurse fight yesterday :O?

danielduperron

Sep 2, 2015
It's brutal being an Oilers fan in Ontario.

"Didn't you guys ruin all of your other 1st overall picks? Hall and Nugent-Hopkins are busts!"

"How did you get the 1st pick 6 years in a row!?"

"You need young defensemen too!" (Nurse, Klefbom, Reinhart...?)

Yeah I know, It`s stupid. It`s annoying seeing Hockey haters, hating on Oilers.

They don`t know what they are talking about when they say "Hall and Nugent are busts", Not even Yakupov is a bust.

That does not mean previous bad coaches did not back-step yakupov`s development a little bit, But He is only 21, a fast skater and was able to get a point per game at the end of last season. That shows huge potential for him...

Not even Hall got 80 points his first NHL season, I`m pretty sure it was like 42 points but he had some Injures...

With our new Coach yakupovs play will improve I believe... Yakupov`s biggest liability is his Defensive side of the game, but he can improve that and Grow him as a player of talent that he already is, his trade value should go up and he should do much better :).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad