(VIDEO) NEW, Talbot & Yakupov

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Awesome vid. Crazy signature for Yak. Really looks like a more confident person. This year is going to be huge for him.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
How is Yakupov not everyone's favourite player?

One of my favorites. It's unfortunate how many fans of other teams crap on him. Kid gives it his all every night and what I really like about the video is that he's himself. Trying the drums, eating people's food as soon as it's seen/offered, making jokes etc etc. The kid is himself and doesn't appear to think he's better than others. It's awesome.

Talbot seems like a great guy too

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Nail just seems like a extremely genuine person.
I don't know how anyone could cheer against the kid.
He must have great parents.

Yea, he seems like a really solid guy. Plus buying food for the homeless people was great

He just loves hockey. To see Eakins suck that out of him makes me hate Eakins even more

Bangers

May 31, 2006
I'm not sure where I read it (and I could be wrong), but I believe Yak comes from a pretty wealthy family (ie. he plays hockey because he loves it, not because of the money).

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
I hope somehow we can keep Yak as part of the core I'd love to see him win the cup that would be an epic celebration. Yak is why I like watching hockey.

Eakins should just give up on coaching what a bum.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I hope somehow we can keep Yak as part of the core I'd love to see him win the cup that would be an epic celebration. Yak is why I like watching hockey.

Eakins should just give up on coaching what a bum.

At least he's now wrecking Anaheim prospects like he did with Toronto.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
awesome i hope he flanks mcdavid and scores 40 this year

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Man, there's a reason my only jersey is a Yakupov jersey... I really, really hope he does well this year and finally claims a spot as part of the 'core'. What a likeable person.

McDeathbyCheerios*

well--I am not the only one--but everytime any mad mouths him--I go to battle stations and start getting ready for trench war fare over the kid.

AS I have said many times--if he was from Moose Jaw and Regina--he would not get all the hate he gets
I love Yak but I hate how he has played for the most part and reaaalllyy want him to be good so I can like his hockey playing as much as I like his character

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I must be missing where all this Yak "hate" is coming from. It's certainly not coming from the Oiler fanbase which adores him. If anything, established players who have actually proved something like Hall and Eberle get the majority of the hate.

The issue isn't with Yak as a person, the issue is that he needs to be better and I'm sure we all want that for him. He seems like a great guy who wants nothing more than to succeed at hockey.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
I have a friend who absolutely cannot stand Yakupov. It's weird. It's like, instead of watching how he plays and looking into how he acts in interviews and off the ice, she just listens to the media talk about him.

Honestly, every time we get into an argument about him, it makes me feel like she based her opinion of him on the media reaction from when he got that goal against LA.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
watching this video reminds about how much i wanted yakupov to succeed when he got here. Honestly, I a praying to God he and Mcdavid click and this kid just takes off into the stratosphere.

Imagine Mcdavid and Yakupov being good friends, would be so funny haha

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I have a friend who absolutely cannot stand Yakupov. It's weird. It's like, instead of watching how he plays and looking into how he acts in interviews and off the ice, she just listens to the media talk about him.

Honestly, every time we get into an argument about him, it makes me feel like she based her opinion of him on the media reaction from when he got that goal against LA.

I live out east, so I get that a lot. My favourite is hearing how he's selfish and my responding with one of the numerous stories about Yakupov going above and beyond to be selfless. I always get a "oh...........well his celebration just rubs me the wrong way okay!!"

As for the hate; I actually agree that among our fanbase there are very few who question his character these days (though it certainly happened in his rookie years). The "hate" referred to comes 1. from other fanbases (see above) and 2. the heated debates on how much potential he has and how much of his disappointing play so far is on him. Let's not get into that here. This thread is about how great of a gesture this is by Talbot and Yakupov.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm not sure where I read it (and I could be wrong), but I believe Yak comes from a pretty wealthy family (ie. he plays hockey because he loves it, not because of the money).

yeah, its pretty well known that his family is exceptionally well off... i've only heard it though, i don't know if its true, or where the family has made their money

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad