[VIDEO] Mark Messier, The Anti-Canuck - A 20-Minute Look At His Catastrophic Time in Vancouver

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
That video really makes me despise Messier and Keenan even more. And also feel for Linden the way he had to leave the team. Glad he was able to get his swan song with the canucks before retiring.

Don't feel bad for Linden. He was for Montreal what Messier was to the Canucks.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Who Messier or one of the Sedins? Since we are talking about Vancouver, I figure the latter is more applicable, since Messier actually performed on the big time.
Most overrated leader in history

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
It would be cool if they still manufactured that lid Messier and Buchberger wore, and guys wore it in the league today.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
So I'm assuming that Todd Bertuzzi is some sort of "hero" to you?
He is for Canucks fans. They are still burying Moore.

Maybe the reason Canucks fans cling so tightly to villains is because all of their heroes are second rate.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
This to a tee. The Canucks went at him because Gretzky fleeced them the season before. They were prepared to do whatever it took despite Messier being horrible in the latter half of 96-97 and during the playoffs
Gretzky didn't fleece them. Canucks management forced Gretzky to commit to the deal in the middle of the night without talking to his wife. He asked them to let him sleep and give them an answer in the morning and they nixed the deal because they refused to wait 8 hours.

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
Yeah this is on the Canucks management for giving messier all these perks like he was 1987 messier instead of the actual 1997 version

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad