OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Do you carry over skills, items, etc from part 1? I have yet to get a PS5, but that will be the game that forces my hand.

Sort of..you don't carry over your exact stats from your own save file..but you start with more HP and MP than usual, certain abilities learned, and certain materia and summons already in the inventory. Then you build out from there.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Sort of..you don't carry over your exact stats from your own save file..but you start with more HP and MP than usual, certain abilities learned, and certain materia and summons already in the inventory. Then you build out from there.
Cool, thanks. So I guess doing the extra play throughs after you finish part 1 has no bearing on the new one either.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I'm going to start playing baldurs gate sooni imagine

Nice!

I’ve got a free trial demo in my PS+ library of this one. I’ve heard amazing things about this game. However, I’ve been warned that it’s not advisable to play this and another game concurrently. BG3 is an all-encompassing monster and it’s a major commitment. When I’ve worked my way through most of my backlog, it’ll be on top of my list of things to play though.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Nice!

I’ve got a free trial demo in my PS+ library of this one. I’ve heard amazing things about this game. However, I’ve been warned that it’s not advisable to play this and another game concurrently. BG3 is an all-encompassing monster and it’s a major commitment. When I’ve worked my way through most of my backlog, it’ll be on top of my list of things to play though.
Yeah dude I've heard it's a game where you start playing and next thing you know the sun is rising

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'm going to start playing baldurs gate sooni imagine

I have one word for you: Shadowheart.

tumblr_inline_p8lfrzElPi1rchhf3_500.gif

Well, besides that Mindflayer with whom I had a make out sesh. To die for.

I put BG3 aside because my co-op partner quit on me. The combat is intricate and A+, along with the insane narrative depth, but I just didn’t have that same Witcher 3 attachment. Objectively, the Witcher combat is middling, although the world exploration is better. But it’s still the best story/character-driven open world game I’ve ever played. I don't think any fantasy game has had more emotional resonance, while still keeping a timely sense of humor. God tier writing and character development. I think having an actually identifiable main character with complex relationships does it for me more than [insert create-a-character].

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I have one word for you: Shadowheart.

tumblr_inline_p8lfrzElPi1rchhf3_500.gif

Well, besides that Mindflayer with whom I had a make out sesh. To die for.

I put BG3 aside because my co-op partner quit on me. The combat is intricate and A+, along with the insane narrative depth, but I just didn’t have that same Witcher 3 attachment. Objectively, the Witcher combat is middling, although the world exploration is better. But it’s still the best story/character-driven open world game I’ve ever played. I don't think any fantasy game has had more emotional resonance, while still being hilarious at times.
Co-op you say?

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
I wish I liked that game. It checks so many of my boxes, but I just cannot get into it for the life of me. Something about the way Geralt moves and the combat just turns me totally off.
Tried several times and never clicked..just like after finishing Cyberpunk before Phantom Liberty..I now can't really play Cyberpunk because it now feels off to me

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Right yes and I love that but also did they optimize the game so that you don't need a 3million tick rate monitor to play ranked against people that aren't even that good?
IMO...nothing else changed..feels exactly the same save female rtts...and even she just feels like a dude in a female skin..nothing differentiates her from a guy save look...

Reactions: DancingPanther

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah. No point in opening with no promos in packs. I pretty much just have 84s and nothing else right now though lol.
Luckily TOTS are far more common than TOTY, so saving might actually pay off for us this time. The only question is when we open the packs, since it’s released league by league. And hopefully there’s decent SBCs to send the duplicate fodder into, unlike during TOTY.

My dumb ass accidentally got promoted to Div 2 Rivals today, after throwing games for weeks any time I got near to avoid exactly that, because I didn’t realize I had the x2 multiplier. At least the weekly rewards will be nice though. Guaranteed 12 86+s, at the very least.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I’ve played a couple Co-OP games with random people on the Show the last few nights.

It’s been kind of fun even though I have basically no patience. I don’t get how people watch 10-15 pitches without swinging. I get too ancy.

Reactions: Magua

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
The Witcher 3 is an incredible game. Took me awhile to get used to the combat. That’s the only quibble I have with it though. Everything else is top notch. Story, characters, main quests, side quests, & the choices impacting the story are all phenomenal.

***Yes, I know I’m 9 years late on this lol.***

I’ve only scratched the surface so far and I think I may even go for the platinum on this. It’s that good that I won’t mind sinking 100+ hours into this.

Reactions: Magua

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad